// Frontera Technical Support • View topic - annoying engine management light

annoying engine management light

annoying engine management light

Postby gerry j on Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:02 pm

hi everybody.my name is Gerry j.i have a 52 plate frontera 2.2dti lwb.the management light started to give me bother.could not get it to go out.lot of messing about later replaced all vac pipes and elbows in engine bay and the three vac solenoids on the bulkhead.it now stays out,,,,until I come to a junction or traffic lights where I am required to stop.sometimes it comes on but if I give it some revs on the throttle it will go out.a lot of the time it behaves itself.any thoughts would be nice.one more thing ....the 4+4 does not engage.have replaced the actuator on the transfer box.you can hear it clicking in when you press the button on the dash,the green light flashes but will not go out.so there you have it.any help would be much appreciated.
gerry j
4WD
4WD

Region: North West

Re: annoying engine management light

Postby stretch on Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:42 pm

You say you replaced the vac pipes in engine bay so assume you didn't do the ones on the axle?

Have you had the codes read?
stretch
Rain cloud of doom
Rain cloud of doom

Model: 2.2 DTI 5dr
Registration Year: 2000/W
Vehicle Name: F.I.T.T
Modifications: 12v feed in boot
Truckputer under construction
Front & rear recovery points
De side stepped
Region: East Anglia

Postby gerry j on Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:29 pm

a diagnostic has been done but it was vague.it pointed to egr valve,but I replaced that and still no joy.i am a bit slow on these things so I do need to be pointed in the right direction as it were.where on the axle can I find the vac pipes as I am not known for getting under cars much these days.also will this light foul up the mot as it due very shortly.does not affect the running of the car and there is no limp mode at high speed.e.g 75mph plus.
gerry j
4WD
4WD

Postby robbie on Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:53 pm

Hope this works. But here's what I have for vac system .take inlet manifold as main vacuum line from the vac pump.
Screenshot_2017-10-07-14-41-32.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
robbie
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Model: 2.5 TDS 5dr
Registration Year: 1997/R
Vehicle Name: The white 1
Modifications: 2.5 the white1
none of my own as yet . but i like wat you lot are doin so gettin very tempted :). chrome bighorn D bar, body kit
2.0 1997 the gold1.
chrome bull bar to be fitted along with tinted upper and lower rear light clusters, 255x75x15 on 5spoke early A alloys
2.0 1997 green1.
wrap round bull bars, side steps, 31x10.5x15 on trooper alloys
Region: North East

Postby gerry j on Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:24 pm

thank you people for your input.if and when it stops raining here I will have a rummage.see what I can find.
gerry j
4WD
4WD

Return to Fog Annual Meet 2017