// Frontera Technical Support • View topic - anti 4x4 campaigners

anti 4x4 campaigners

Forum rules
Disclaimer:
Please understand that the Frontera Owners Group or any organiser of events will not be held responsible for any loss, damage, accident or injury caused by attending an event. You are responsible for your passengers and for your own safety and should carry the necessary recovery and safety equipment. You agree to follow the rules of the Highway Code, Green Lane Code and club pay and play site rules whichever applies. For greenlane events; All events should adhere to the GLASS Code of Conduct, and please note that Rights Of Way often change and if a TRO (traffic regulation order) has been put in place by the local council you should not drive the lane. If you do not agree to the above you should refrain from taking part in the event.

anti 4x4 campaigners

Postby steve 1967 on Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:37 pm

very interesting read in total off road mag, anti 4x4 campaigners about to launch another attack on green laners. :(
steve 1967
my other cars a frontera
my other cars a frontera

Model: 2.2 DTI 5dr
Registration Year: 2001/Y
Vehicle Name: JOSHUA
Modifications: 2.5in lift, steel modular wheels, special track tyres, under body protection, tree sliders, winch, snorkel, cb etc
Region: South East

Re: anti 4x4 campaigners

Postby SteveyDee on Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:16 pm

Fairs fair... if they close the lanes they should close them for everyone including the ones on foot and push bikes :twisted:
If they want to fcuk it all up for us then let them fcuk it for themselves :butt:
If its not broke, your not driving it hard enough
SteveyDee
my other cars a frontera
my other cars a frontera

Vehicle Name: The Bull
Modifications: 2.2i rs sport (gone)
2.0 sport (gone)
2.8 sport (gone)
3.1td Trooper (Bull) mini monster truck in the making
3.1td vauxhall monterey (monty) for laning

Postby steve 1967 on Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:20 pm

agreed, I really don't understand why they want the lanes restricted, they can go anywhere on foot even where we cant, we can still share the byways etc as we have done for years, yes there have been the idiots that have gone off piste but the vast majority of us are responsible and respect our countryside so seems very unfair that we all get branded the same, there are many restricted byways around my area so walkers, ramblers and horse riders have plenty of lanes and tracks to venture without encountering any 4x4 vehicles so where is the problem?
steve 1967
my other cars a frontera
my other cars a frontera

Modifications: 2.5in lift, steel modular wheels, special track tyres, under body protection, tree sliders, winch, snorkel, cb etc

Postby lloyd on Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:51 pm

In my experience horses create every bit as much damage to lanes as the most irresponsible off roader, but no-one seeks to legislate or prevent them.
Fronty LWB '54 reg 2.2i SE 16v petrol in very shiny black metallic
lloyd
my other cars a frontera
my other cars a frontera

Model: 2.2i 5dr
Registration Year: 2004/04
Vehicle Name: Aaaaarse
Region: South West

Postby snapper on Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:46 pm

Whens all said and done you will probably find it's only a minority who actually want the lanes restricted. That minority will be made up of:

Group A: A hardcore 'green' group, more commonly know as tree huggers, often politically left leaning who would be quite happy if ALL roads were restricted and all vehicles put on the scrap heap (less those 30 year old rust buckets that they chug round in of course). These people are very VERY vocal and highly manipulative. In the main they have infiltrated the rambling world.

Group B: Landowners, they just want to stop anyone going on their(?) land full stop. It's a case of start with the 4x4's and get round to the rest later (and they will, mark my words). Not so organised as group A, but learning fast and becoming as vocal/manipulative as group A. In the main they are part of the horsey brigade.

Group C: The horsey brigade. Mostly okay, but as with all groups you do get a few a*** h***s. Horses, come under the 'aww aint it cute' grouping esp with the young impresionable female, all of whom want to 'own a pony and go riding etc' (Black Beauty has a lot to answer for!) but for a lot of them it is just a pipedream as it's even more expensive than running a 3.2 ltr fronty... Some trot along to the local stables and hire a horse for an hour or two to satisfy the 'go riding high' others don't even get that chance but in todays modern internet enabled times they do join the online riding forums.....

With this group, as a whole theres a tendency for the majority to follow the vocal group in calling for the lane closures in respect to vehicles. It would however be interesting to find out just how many on the forums and also signing the online (and 'other') petitions are actually active riders rather than 'horsey walts' being lead by the more vocal people.

Group D: The Ramblers, they like walking in the countryside, can't argue with that one. Tis a healthy hobby. They also have online forums. In general nice enough folks but as a group I do feel that they have been somewhat 'hijacked' by the more vocal tree huggers...

The 'anti' brigade are without doubt very organised and political, in order to combat it we also need to become the same and use similar tactics. European Law for instance... Protest... Highlight ALL instances where damage can be proved to have been caused by one of the above groups and put it right if reasonable to do so (to help with the responsible user reputation)...

Interesting to note, that where a restriction on vehicular traffic is put in place, local traffic for 'access' is in the main given an opt out. This should be appealed and highlighted where damage is still caused (farm equipment for instance). If a restriction was to include EVERYTHING WITH NO EXCEPTIONS then people may not be so keen to persue a restriction in the first place...
This posting may have been helpfull, on the other hand probably not... Either way, I may have had drink when posting it in which case it's probably not as helpfull as it could have been

Work safe, and remember all technical problems can be resolved with a hammer, the trick is knowing where to hit it and how big a hammer to use (I often find it may also help to have a spare bit in the shed to replace the bit you have just mullered ;) )

Work in Progress (or not as the case may be) I give you.... 'O-no' the truck.

Comments on 'O-no' the truck may be left here

Work in Progress (or not as the case may be) I give you.... 'Truck'

Comments on 'Truck' the truck may be left here

Owning a 2.8 is a hobby in it's self...
snapper
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Model: 2.8 TDI 5dr
Registration Year: 1995/N
Vehicle Name: Truck and O-no
Modifications: -
2.8 TD LWB - Truck:
Side Steps Removed
EGR, Birds Nest & Both Butterfly Valves Removed
Particulate Filter removed and pipe welded in
Safari Snorkel fitted
Trooper Flywheel & Clutch fitted
Trooper LSD Rear Axle fitted
Winch Bumper & Winch fitted
3.1 Engine Fitted
2" Suspension Lift

2.8 TD LWB - O-no:
Standard, for now.

2.5 Volvo 850 Saloon:
Standard

Volvo XC70 D5 SE Lux (185bhp)
Standard

Postby steve 1967 on Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:56 am

very well said, you can represent us should the need arise, :D , I know what you mean regarding the horses we have loads around here though to be fair they are usually very friendly but then again they do have their very own restricted byways to use,
steve 1967
my other cars a frontera
my other cars a frontera

Postby snapper on Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:06 am

Sadly, I do have to admit to having once been part of the horse riding brigade in my ill spent youth.... A particulary mean, nasty and just plain downright nasty exmoor pony they had at the time may have something to do with my leanings that horse and BBQ go well in a sentence.... :wink:

In my defence, at the time the riding out, in the Devon countryside was pretty hot... As were a lot of the holiday makers that used to use the stables but that's probably not for this means... :roll:
This posting may have been helpfull, on the other hand probably not... Either way, I may have had drink when posting it in which case it's probably not as helpfull as it could have been

Work safe, and remember all technical problems can be resolved with a hammer, the trick is knowing where to hit it and how big a hammer to use (I often find it may also help to have a spare bit in the shed to replace the bit you have just mullered ;) )

Work in Progress (or not as the case may be) I give you.... 'O-no' the truck.

Comments on 'O-no' the truck may be left here

Work in Progress (or not as the case may be) I give you.... 'Truck'

Comments on 'Truck' the truck may be left here

Owning a 2.8 is a hobby in it's self...
snapper
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Vehicle Name: Truck and O-no
Modifications: -
2.8 TD LWB - Truck:
Side Steps Removed
EGR, Birds Nest & Both Butterfly Valves Removed
Particulate Filter removed and pipe welded in
Safari Snorkel fitted
Trooper Flywheel & Clutch fitted
Trooper LSD Rear Axle fitted
Winch Bumper & Winch fitted
3.1 Engine Fitted
2" Suspension Lift

2.8 TD LWB - O-no:
Standard, for now.

2.5 Volvo 850 Saloon:
Standard

Volvo XC70 D5 SE Lux (185bhp)
Standard

Postby steve 1967 on Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:53 am

:D :D :D

ive registered with the green lane association so can now at least monitor the situation.

steve.
steve 1967
my other cars a frontera
my other cars a frontera

Postby Drift on Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:00 pm

These are the dickheads ruining the hobby for us :evil:
http://www.otsnews.co.uk/two-arrested-a ... southport/

I had an argument on here a few years ago with a numpty here trying to tell me this area was legal to drive on, the clown would not listen maybe he will read this an understand you cant drive where you want or where you THINK is legal :roll:
Ste
FOG Administrator

Frontera Technical Support
Often Imitated Never Bettered

http://www.fronteraowners.co.uk
Its here, the FOG Annual Meet 2014 viewforum.php?f=123
Drift
The Man-ual
The Man-ual

Vehicle Name: Daddy's Car or Triggers Broom
Modifications: 2.8 TDI LWB
Tinkered to it's practical limits but understated, though shockingly cool (do you know her?).
She is nicccccceeee ;-)
Region: North West

Postby Gazeddy on Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:15 pm

ste have you read the comments. lots of brainwashed gobs*ites it seems there is only one or 2 sensible people there. although this isnt as big news as the snowdon incident
Gazeddy
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Model: 2.0i Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1997/R
Vehicle Name: gazeddy
Region: International

Postby Drift on Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:24 pm

Yer, they are just locals who have not a clue of the rights of way legislation :lol:
Ste
FOG Administrator

Frontera Technical Support
Often Imitated Never Bettered

http://www.fronteraowners.co.uk
Its here, the FOG Annual Meet 2014 viewforum.php?f=123
Drift
The Man-ual
The Man-ual

Vehicle Name: Daddy's Car or Triggers Broom
Modifications: 2.8 TDI LWB
Tinkered to it's practical limits but understated, though shockingly cool (do you know her?).
She is nicccccceeee ;-)
Region: North West

Postby steve 1967 on Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:47 am

well at least they experienced a section 59, and were arrested, doesn't really matter if they are prosecuted or not ( though would be a very good example ) because they had their trucks seized, saw another post this morning regarding some so called mp in Birmingham wanting all byways etc to be restricted :lol: :lol: :lol: not even a rural area.

still all the time there are idiots that think this is normal to drive anywhere and in whatever manner they like we could well all lose this battle. :(
steve 1967
my other cars a frontera
my other cars a frontera

Return to Greenlaning Fording