// Frontera Technical Support • View topic - Febuary 9th SE Funday in the Woods....Postponed

Febuary 9th SE Funday in the Woods....Postponed

Kent to Oxfordshire

Including London North,South, East & West Bedfordshire Oxfordshire Hertfordshire

Moderator: gregster

Forum rules
Disclaimer:
Please understand that the Frontera Owners Group or any organiser of events will not be held responsible for any loss, damage, accident or injury caused by attending an event. You are responsible for your passengers and for your own safety and should carry the necessary recovery and safety equipment. You agree to follow the rules of the Highway Code, Green Lane Code and club pay and play site rules whichever applies. For greenlane events; All events should adhere to the GLASS Code of Conduct, and please note that Rights Of Way often change and if a TRO (traffic regulation order) has been put in place by the local council you should not drive the lane. If you do not agree to the above you should refrain from taking part in the event.

Febuary 9th SE Funday in the Woods....Postponed

Postby gregster on Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:34 pm

Hiya Foggers...

The torrential rain has been seemingly endless for last few weeks, we have had rivers running through the yard up the workshop, and with more rain forcast on the all ready saturated ground, we need to make a decision about next weekends meet.
We are forecast high winds again next week, which with the ground as soft as it is, will probably lead to a load more trees coming down, and still further rain is on the cards (you would think the clouds would have run out by now!), I am thinking it is going to be better to postpone this meet for now.
Went down the woods yesterday and it was like a swamp, I struggled to get my 2.8 shorty out of the clearing on nearly new BFG A/t's, and its relatively unchurned up at the mo.
When you weigh up that the hills will be probably be undriveable to all but the most tricked trucks, and even they will risk serious carnage because of the momentum that will be need to be carried to offset the abscence of traction, the clearing will get so chewed up that anything without muds wont get out, and we are 50/50 that it will probably be pouring down all day...so its not gonna be much fun for most.

Then there is the damage to the site to consider, as when it is this wet we are really gonna chew it up, and then when it dries we are left with foot deep ruts everywhere, not a problem to a 4x4 granted, but when on foot at fundays, and staggering around 1/2 cut in the evenings at weekenders, this is pottentially hazzardous. The farm tracks will take a beating also, and we dont want to rut them up so that other users cant get through.

So, on balance, I think the best bet is to postpone this meet for a couple of weeks at least, and then see where we are at.

Sorry folks, we waiting as long as we could before making the decision to see what the weather would do, but safety and looking after the site to keep it how we are used to it have gotta come first.

Thanks for your support folks, and see y'all soon.

Greg and Sally
Check out the index thread below where pics/reviews from all our past meets can be found!!!!
click here for the SE Events Index/links Thread...see all the reviews and whats coming up soon!

Looks like I'm in trouble with the Mrs's again...
She asked me what I'd most like to do to her body...
Apparently "Identify it" is not the correct answer!

MAKE IT or BREAK IT! TEAMXTREME4X4
gregster
Winnebago..or does it?
Winnebago..or does it?

Model: 2.4 5dr
Registration Year: 1997/P
Vehicle Name: FRONTY4x4SPARES
Modifications: Drive a 2.2dti olympus, 2.8 lwb and 2.0i sport.
Breaking...
2.4i and 2.3td
2.0i C20ne and x20se x 4
2.8tdi x2
2.2i A
2.2i B LWB x3
x22dth B dti lwb x3
y22dth B dti lwb x5
Call Fronty4x4spares on
01622 739908.
Same day dispatch,
next day delivery
on 95% of items.
Region: South East

Re: Febuary 9th SE Funday in the Woods....Postponed

Postby RatCav on Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:53 pm

Fair call buddy :thumbup:
ImageImage

My members ride For Banshee the Trooper : viewtopic.php?f=46&t=34626

My members ride for Leeloo the Lotus Edition viewtopic.php?f=46&t=60154

Deceased

My members ride for Brenda the Bighorn : viewtopic.php?f=46&t=54771
RatCav
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Vehicle Name: Banshee
Modifications: Its a Frontera that is heavily disguised as a Mk.1 LWB Isuzu Bighorn 2.8TD Lotus Edition.
Hi-roof modification.
EGR valves and birds nest of vacuum pipes removed.
Front Manual Locking Hubs.
Rear Limited Slip Differential.
Yota Surf steels, with custom paintjob. (cheers Gregster)
33x12.5" R15 General Grabber AT 2's.
+2" suspension lift.
+3" body lift.
Cat 1 Thatcham approved alarm.
Irmscher wheel arch flares.
Full body restoration/respray. (cheers Gregster again!)
Region: North West

Postby Alasdair on Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:33 am

Bugger! Day off changed and I have fitted my winch at last, never mind. Wise decision, don't want to sink without a trace, the wife still wants me to pay the mortgage. Better luck next time
Alasdair
4WD
4WD

Model: 2.0i Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1998/S
Modifications: A/T tyres
Region: South East

Postby gregster on Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:12 pm

Sorry bud, but it was the best call considering the weather.... :wink:
Check out the index thread below where pics/reviews from all our past meets can be found!!!!
click here for the SE Events Index/links Thread...see all the reviews and whats coming up soon!

Looks like I'm in trouble with the Mrs's again...
She asked me what I'd most like to do to her body...
Apparently "Identify it" is not the correct answer!

MAKE IT or BREAK IT! TEAMXTREME4X4
gregster
Winnebago..or does it?
Winnebago..or does it?

Model: 2.4 5dr
Registration Year: 1997/P
Vehicle Name: FRONTY4x4SPARES
Modifications: Drive a 2.2dti olympus, 2.8 lwb and 2.0i sport.
Breaking...
2.4i and 2.3td
2.0i C20ne and x20se x 4
2.8tdi x2
2.2i A
2.2i B LWB x3
x22dth B dti lwb x3
y22dth B dti lwb x5
Call Fronty4x4spares on
01622 739908.
Same day dispatch,
next day delivery