// Frontera Technical Support • View topic - New 4x4 show

New 4x4 show

Forum rules
Disclaimer:
Please understand that the Frontera Owners Group or any organiser of events will not be held responsible for any loss, damage, accident or injury caused by attending an event. You are responsible for your passengers and for your own safety and should carry the necessary recovery and safety equipment. You agree to follow the rules of the Highway Code, Green Lane Code and club pay and play site rules whichever applies. For greenlane events; All events should adhere to the GLASS Code of Conduct, and please note that Rights Of Way often change and if a TRO (traffic regulation order) has been put in place by the local council you should not drive the lane. If you do not agree to the above you should refrain from taking part in the event.

Re: New 4x4 show

Postby wideformat on Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:18 am

Yes the very same, this is his new project since the Landy Rally is no more.
It would be nice if the people on here could lend a bit of support it would be nice to have a large 4x4 event thats not just the preserve of the green oval brigade.
Last edited by Drift on Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed quote as poster quoted is only above
I would prefer a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.
Seek not excess, God hates he who roams !
wideformat
GURU
GURU

Model: 2.2i 5dr
Registration Year: 1997/P
Vehicle Name: More Trouble
Modifications: 2" lift with Disco springs and Rough Country shocks
16" wheels with Maletester Sahara tyres
CB Radio.
Life hammer, compressor, new head gasket
Region: Southern England

Postby DEANO3528 on Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:56 pm

gregster wrote:Thats TomMC who bought my Rangerover thats organising this aint it??

He's a nice fella.

Yep Tom's a top bloke. Stopped for a beer with us after LR Max! last year and mentioned the plans he had for Apres Landy Rally.
Hope it takes off, will try and get a squad together to pop across.
DEANO3528
4WD
4WD

Region: East Anglia

Postby Tom Mc on Sat May 26, 2012 2:57 am

Somebody say the magic word ... beer!!! :roll:

Hi Deano/Greg/Gary 'n' all. Blimey, I know quite a few of you on here! Thanks for the kind words, although I have a reputation to uphold you know, therefore I shall do my upmost to prove you all wrong! :twisted:

Yep, a new event, and as you've already noted, it ain't just open to Land Rovers. As I've said umpteen times before, much as I love my Rangies (Classics of course, not this electronic stuff), there are a host of 4x4's out there that in their own way are every bit as good as the Range Rover, maybe even better sometimes. Quick nurse, pass the tablets!

Hence the launch of ADVENTURE OVERLAND. Combining my two big passions - 4x4's and overland travel - I want to see as many different types of 4x4 there as possible. Since January, the last post on here by Deano about the event), things have moved on somewhat. I would suggest looking at the Display Vehicles and Who's Attending sections of the event website at http://www.adventureoverlandshow.com to see what I mean; the photos speak a thousand words.

The big question is, will FOG want a Club Display Stand in the main showground area? No problem if you don't as officially all the Club Display Stands have been allocated (although I'm sure I could find space if you really wanted a pitch), but just wanted to let you know that Gary (Wideformat) has already arranged a club camping area for you in the Camping Meadow so you can all remain together. Up to you entirely about the Club Display Stand, you decide.
Tom Mc
Apprentice Frontera engineer

Vehicle Name: Range Rover Classic
Modifications: Ambulance-soon-to-be-camper
Region: Midlands

Postby wideformat on Sat May 26, 2012 11:40 pm

Tom Mc wrote:Somebody say the magic word ... beer!!! :roll:

Hi Deano/Greg/Gary 'n' all. Blimey, I know quite a few of you on here! Thanks for the kind words, although I have a reputation to uphold you know, therefore I shall do my upmost to prove you all wrong! :twisted:

Yep, a new event, and as you've already noted, it ain't just open to Land Rovers. As I've said umpteen times before, much as I love my Rangies (Classics of course, not this electronic stuff), there are a host of 4x4's out there that in their own way are every bit as good as the Range Rover, maybe even better sometimes. Quick nurse, pass the tablets!

Hence the launch of ADVENTURE OVERLAND. Combining my two big passions - 4x4's and overland travel - I want to see as many different types of 4x4 there as possible. Since January, the last post on here by Deano about the event), things have moved on somewhat. I would suggest looking at the Display Vehicles and Who's Attending sections of the event website at http://www.adventureoverlandshow.com to see what I mean; the photos speak a thousand words.

The big question is, will FOG want a Club Display Stand in the main showground area? No problem if you don't as officially all the Club Display Stands have been allocated (although I'm sure I could find space if you really wanted a pitch), but just wanted to let you know that Gary (Wideformat) has already arranged a club camping area for you in the Camping Meadow so you can all remain together. Up to you entirely about the Club Display Stand, you decide.

Well thats from the horses mouth, so to speak, we have a confirmed 5 camping spaces in the camping meadow (more space if needed) or should we go for broke and get a club display stand.
It's up to you guys ? if nothing else there will be :drink: :drink: and an outdoor :party:
wideformat
GURU
GURU

CB Radio.

Postby Tom Mc on Sun May 27, 2012 2:30 am

You supplying the beer then? Excellent! In that case I'll definitely be there ... mmmmm, am anyway. :oh yer:
Tom Mc

Postby wideformat on Sun May 27, 2012 10:18 am

Tom Mc wrote:You supplying the beer then? Excellent! In that case I'll definitely be there ... mmmmm, am anyway. :oh yer:

Thats good as I don't know if I can afford to keep you in beer :D
I might see if I can lay my hands on some Duval for October then it certainly kept the cold out on the Landy Rally at around 4.00am.

Just a thought but is Jaap and the mental Dutch contingent making the trip over for the show ?
wideformat
GURU
GURU

CB Radio.

Postby Tom Mc on Mon May 28, 2012 12:50 am

Love them too, they're considering it! Fingers crossed.
Tom Mc

Postby horses45 on Mon May 28, 2012 4:18 am

im off the week after :roll:
BRING ON A BIGGER WALL !!!!![color=#4080FF]Cos I Am The Cosmic Fool

East Midland Area Rep

Frontera owners stickers here forums/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=47071"
horses45
FOG BBQ Chef
FOG BBQ Chef

Model: 2.2 DTI 5dr
Registration Year: 2003/03
Vehicle Name: The Truck
Modifications: None :-(

Postby wideformat on Mon May 28, 2012 7:35 am

horses45 wrote:im off the week after :roll:

Put it in the diary and lets hope the weather is warmer at night than Sibbertoft, although the cold didn't seem to affect all of us :D
wideformat
GURU
GURU

CB Radio.

Postby Tom Mc on Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:35 am

New attraction at ADVENTURE OVERLAND ...

Were you aware that Whilton Mill is an internationally acclaimed karting centre that boasts two outdoor karting circuits? Well, due to public demand it has been decided to utilise the tracks as part of the ADVENTURE OVERLAND SHOW.

To this end, an enduro race will be held evening of Saturday 6th October 2012 to establish the first ever “ADVENTURE OVERLAND SHOW - Enduro Karting Champions”.

The format is simple –

Featuring teams entered from participating clubs and traders at ADVENTURE OVERLAND, after the show officially closes for the day at 17:00 hrs Saturday afternoon, a 20 min. practice session begins on the nursery Mill Circuit, then at 18:00 hrs. up to 20 teams (comprising of 4 drivers per team) will take part in a floodlit 2 hour enduro race on the National Circuit. The winners will be presented with an engraved, ongoing perpetual trophy to be kept by the winning team at their workplace or clubhouse for the following 12 months.

I am here to officially invite F.O.G. to enter a team.

Entry fee is £200 per team, that’s just £50 per person (four drivers are mandatory per team). Thanks to Whilton Mill Karting, this special show fee is 50% off the standard ‘public price’.

The karts are Biz twin-engine 160cc pro-karts. All race overalls and safety gear supplied.

Telemetry - Computerised results analysing your driving performance will be issued at the end of your session. Similar to the printouts a Formula 1 driver will look over after every practice session, this is designed to help improve lap times.

Spectator areas will be available for clubmates, friends and family.

It should be noted, the Organisers of ADVENTURE OVERLAND make no profit from the race, it is purely provided as a novel additional attraction for the visitors and participants of the show.

Please register your interest below if you would like to become a driver in a F.O.G. team entry.
Tom Mc

Postby Tom Mc on Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:02 am

It’s all systems go for ADVENTURE OVERLAND this coming weekend – www.adventureoverland.com

Trade stands are completely full up (have been for nearly a month), loads of display vehicles, there’s a full programme of seminars/talks/lectures with some top people giving up their time, the bushcraft demo area has been set up, there’s even a floodlit 2-hr enduro kart race scheduled for the Saturday night – looking good!

Just remember to offer up a prayer to the rain gods to ‘take a weekend off’ for a change! :wink:

Camping ‘pay on the day’ still available although filling fast, plus of course day admission 10:00 – 17:00 Sat, 10:00 – 16:00 Sun. £10 adults, children under 16 yrs free.

Me, I’m off to site to start setting up, so see you all this coming weekend … it’s going to be a good ’un!
Tom Mc

Postby colley on Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:25 pm

me and Scott have been to the show today and had a great day :D We bumped into Gary and diff lock Dave :D Good to see you guys :wink: Did not see any other Fog members though :?
Here are a few pics i took :wink:

Luckily this was my mode of transport to the show :lol: good job it is so small otherwise i would have brought lots of new shinny bits :lol:

colley
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Model: 2.2 DTI 5dr
Registration Year: 2003/52
Modifications: #
# 2.5 lift
# 235/85/16 Kuhmo mud tyres
# Custom made winch bumper and winch fitted
# Safari snorkel
# roof tent

Postby wideformat on Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:46 pm

Good to see the 2 of you there yesterday, I had a great time with the Landy Rally guys and girls another couple of vehicles turned up after we saw you guys.

It was a great show different format from the norm with loads of expedition trucks and the owners doing talks and showing you round their vehicles , it's a definite for me next year if I'm in country after attending the show I've developed a wander lust and want to buy a more reliable truck and head off throught europe and down into north Africa.

Bring it on :thumbup:
wideformat
GURU
GURU

CB Radio.

Postby BlueBikerNut on Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:19 am

I was there and never seen anyone with Frontys.. I was parked in the 4x4 car park mainly all Landy..
Good show .. Shame Frontera not being there for all to see. Would be nice to get space for next year.. :drink: to all
I drive this looking like a CHESHIRE CAT on LPG.. Thinking of the Savings to Petrol Prices..
BlueBikerNut

Model: 2.2i San Diego 5dr
Vehicle Name: SAN
Modifications: LPG GAS

Postby Tom Mc on Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:39 pm

Mmmmmm ... I did offer. Hopefully a FOG presence next year?

Just posted this on the "4x4 Overland Travel" forum:-

I want ...

maadmaan10's photos - ta!
Tom Mc

Postby taylor6632 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:27 pm

ahhh, had i known i would have driven up with my mate, that would have been 2 frontera's to help out :D next year though!
taylor6632
frontera God
frontera God

Registration Year: 1996/N
Modifications: 3.1 Trooper, 2" suspension lift, 2" body lift, 33" cooper stt muds, egr removed, cb radio
Region: South West

Previous

Return to General Events