// Frontera Technical Support • View topic - 4x4 Show/Get-together

4x4 Show/Get-together

Forum rules
Disclaimer:
Please understand that the Frontera Owners Group or any organiser of events will not be held responsible for any loss, damage, accident or injury caused by attending an event. You are responsible for your passengers and for your own safety and should carry the necessary recovery and safety equipment. You agree to follow the rules of the Highway Code, Green Lane Code and club pay and play site rules whichever applies. For greenlane events; All events should adhere to the GLASS Code of Conduct, and please note that Rights Of Way often change and if a TRO (traffic regulation order) has been put in place by the local council you should not drive the lane. If you do not agree to the above you should refrain from taking part in the event.

4x4 Show/Get-together

Postby DEANO3528 on Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:05 pm

Hi everyone, I hope you don't mind me posting this as my first post. Not spamming, honest, just that we'd (SLROC) like as many different clubs to be aware of this event and possibly to come along and enjoy a weekend amongst other enthusiasts.

Here's the griff...

Last year we spent three cracking weekends at this venue, raising money for our local charities. The Organisers asked me whether I thought it was possible to have a 4x4 Show on the site. I replied that while the idea had merit it would need to start off small (acorns and oak trees, so to speak) and be allowed to grow, much like Billing did.
So a good 4 months and a couple of planning meetings later, we have some news:

We have a confirmed date - 15th & 16th May

We have an offroad course and possible 'green lane experience' in the design stages. To be fair the offroading might be a bit tame for the experienced among you, but for those that only offroad occasionally if at all, it will be great; stock friendly too.

Looking at a two day event with arrivals Friday afternoon/evening.
Club stands are welcome.

The organisers are now looking to see what trade they can attract so if you know of anyone that might be interested in a venue right on the A14 near Bury S.E. then let me know.

Admittedly the event this year will be run alongside an already established event, but I feel with the right input and support we can go a long way with this.
BTW, SLROC are only acting as Marshals and raising money for our 2010 charities by giviing rides around the course to day visitors and those who don't wish to take their vehicles offroad. We are not making money from gate cuts, commission etc; we just want to see as many fellow 4x4 groups and owners all together in one area for a chilled camping weekend for all the family.

So to the prices. Well the nice thing is that if you come as a club and have a club stand, you get 6 free vehicle passes and 12 personnel passes. Camping is extra but is only £5 per person per night with kids under 12 going free.

So if this is something you think your guys would be interested in then by all means give me a shout.
DEANO3528
4WD
4WD

Region: East Anglia

Re: 4x4 Show/Get-together

Postby DEANO3528 on Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:15 am

I have some more info from the organisers:

At this May weekend we are producing our first All Wheel Drive Show to be marshalled by the Suffolk Land Rover Owners Club.

There will be two courses, never driven before - an off road one specially designed for this site and a woodland drive through the historic airfield bomb dump and vicinity around the old Rougham Hall and as normal there will be a small charge.

Entrance to the site is £7 per person and £5 for Concessions with under 12s free and advance discounts of £2 per adult and £1 per concession can be obtained via the Theatre Royal, Bury St Edmunds Tel no. 01284 769505.
Both days start at 10am and close at 5pm with an abundance of activities from top international kite flying displays, power kiting, trade stands, to crafts marquee, children’s entertainment including a fun fair, caterers, music café & real ale bar with evening entertainment on Saturday.

Camping for the weekend in is available at £5 per person per night with under 12s going free. Club Exhibits have a complimentary site with 6 free vehicle passes including camping and all campers can arrive from Friday pm onwards.

Auto Traders, auto jumble etc are very welcome and trade stand sites are available at £4 per foot frontage with a thirty foot depth and includes camping. Charities at half price.

So this will make it an ideal weekend away pursuing your favourite pastime!
Please refer to our website for further information: www.roughamairfield.org
E-mail: info@roughamairfield.org - The Estate Office. Rougham, Suffolk IP30 9LZ
Tel: 01359 270524 – Sat Nav users: IP30 9ND Our location is off exit 45 on A14.

Regards,

Michael Heyland / Mary Smith – Rougham Airfield

I think that's a deal!
DEANO3528
4WD
4WD

Postby DEANO3528 on Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:33 pm

Poster from the organisers:

DEANO3528
4WD
4WD

Postby Phil-D on Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:47 pm

I'll be there, Have been attending this event (Suffolk Kite Festival)for the past 6 or so years as a member of the suffolk kite flyers and both my sons perform demo's of powerkiting in the arenas at points during the weekend.
we allways camp on site for the entire weekend.
If the SLROC is as friendly a bunch as SKF, then it will surely be a cracking weekend all round :party: :mrgreen: :dance:
Phil.
Phil-D
Apprentice Frontera engineer

Model: 2.0i Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1993/K
Region: South East

Postby bobbinsjob on Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:51 pm

will see if i can get the saturday off work as its my son's birthday and he would love it
SIZE DOES MATTER!!
MEMBER 1728
1996 2.8 SWB called VIPER

Members Ride section for VIPER

Comments on VIPER here

GET YOUR CARTOON CAR HERE
bobbinsjob
Rev Limit Finder
Rev Limit Finder

Model: 2.8 TDI Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1996/N
Vehicle Name: Viper
Modifications: Deep offset Steel modular wheels with 32/11.5/15 Kuhmo KL71 mud tyres
+2" Plasma body lift
Flipped ball-joints
+2" spring spacers
Custom built roof rack
Light bar
Modified Navara tubular rear bumper
Mental cammo paint job

Postby DEANO3528 on Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:45 am

Phil-D wrote:If the SLROC is as friendly a bunch as SKF, then it will surely be a cracking weekend all round :party: :mrgreen: :dance:

I think we are especially sociable, but then I'm biased.

We had a good weekend up there over Easter preparing the 'Green Lane Experience' course. While it won't set any hearts racing for the veterans, the pits we drive into as an added bonus are quite fun, and probably not something you'd come across on a normal laning run.
By the time we arrive for the Model Air Show, the off road course should be dug and will need testinig.
God it's a hard life!
DEANO3528
4WD
4WD

Postby DEANO3528 on Tue May 18, 2010 9:58 pm

Well guys you missed a great weekend. I only counted one Fronty there though, a silver one and no FOG logo either that I could see.

Looks like it will go ahead again next year so perhaps some of you will be able to make it then.
DEANO3528
4WD
4WD

Postby Phil-D on Thu May 20, 2010 4:27 pm

I Was there, although my motor stayed where i left it, next to my tent, all weekend. :oops:
Sure was a cracking weekend all round, you guys sure pulled out all the stops.
Loved the rides sround the track and so did my youngest, at the last count he'd been round half a dozen times and on the green laning track 3 times.
Phil.
Phil-D

Model: 2.0i Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1993/K

Postby DEANO3528 on Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:46 am

Sorry for late reply, I lost my bookmarks and had to try and remember all the places I've been!

Thanks for the words, we had a fantastic weekend and thanks for supporting us with the off road rides. In all we raised £1274 for our chariies, the main one being EACH Treehouse Appeal for this year.
THe 'Green Lane Experience' rides was actually an afterthought, as some of our guys in road motors thought the offroad course a little harsh for them. Glad you thought it worth the extra money, it was a 5 mile round trip!

Here's to next year.
DEANO3528
4WD
4WD

Return to General Events