// Frontera Technical Support • View topic - South coast convoy....

South coast convoy....

Ians Guinness World Record Attempt Forum

Moderator: bobbinsjob

South coast convoy....

Postby Wilberforce on Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:13 am

Wotcher folks :lol:

I'll hold my hands up and admit I've not been paying this part f the forum as much attention as it deserves, but as Southern Rep, I feel I should finally pull my finger out, and get things sorted for those coming up from the southern end of the country :D So, who's coming from this end of the country??

I'm Southampton based, so an ideal route would be to run straight up the A34 past Oxford, then take the A43 past Silverstone to Northampton, and continue up the A43 past Kettering to the circuit. Plenty of meeting places along the way - services, etc. Maybe if anyone's coming up from Devon / Somerset way we could converge around Newbury??

Let me know what you think folks, and let's see if we can get something off the ground, eh??

Jim.
Jim...

South East Picnic site information

| Jessica - 2002 Isuzu Trooper Insignia LWB | 3.1 ltr hybrid conversion |
Wilberforce
The stick insect
The stick insect

Registration Year: 2002/51
Vehicle Name: Jessica
Region: North West

Re: South coast convoy....

Postby westo123 on Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Wilberforce wrote:Wotcher folks :lol:

I'll hold my hands up and admit I've not been paying this part f the forum as much attention as it deserves, but as Southern Rep, I feel I should finally pull my finger out, and get things sorted for those coming up from the southern end of the country :D So, who's coming from this end of the country??

I'm Southampton based, so an ideal route would be to run straight up the A34 past Oxford, then take the A43 past Silverstone to Northampton, and continue up the A43 past Kettering to the circuit. Plenty of meeting places along the way - services, etc. Maybe if anyone's coming up from Devon / Somerset way we could converge around Newbury??

Let me know what you think folks, and let's see if we can get something off the ground, eh??

Jim.

Hi, Jim
I looked for replies to this and couldn't find any, I must be looking in the wrong place!
Anyway I am hoping to come along, subject to my recent slipped disc being better.
I am near Portsmouth, so did anything come from this message, are you all meeting somewhere if so could I have the details.
Mike
It was once said that the Devil would never dare to cross the River Tamar into Cornwall for fear of ending up as a filling in a Cornish Pasty.
westo123
GURU
GURU

Region: South West

Return to GWR Attempt discussions