// Frontera Technical Support • View topic - NEWBIE LOAN WHEELS AND TYRES FOR THE WOODS MEETS!!!

NEWBIE LOAN WHEELS AND TYRES FOR THE WOODS MEETS!!!

Kent to Oxfordshire

Including London North,South, East & West Bedfordshire Oxfordshire Hertfordshire

Moderator: gregster

Forum rules
Disclaimer:
Please understand that the Frontera Owners Group or any organiser of events will not be held responsible for any loss, damage, accident or injury caused by attending an event. You are responsible for your passengers and for your own safety and should carry the necessary recovery and safety equipment. You agree to follow the rules of the Highway Code, Green Lane Code and club pay and play site rules whichever applies. For greenlane events; All events should adhere to the GLASS Code of Conduct, and please note that Rights Of Way often change and if a TRO (traffic regulation order) has been put in place by the local council you should not drive the lane. If you do not agree to the above you should refrain from taking part in the event.

NEWBIE LOAN WHEELS AND TYRES FOR THE WOODS MEETS!!!

Postby gregster on Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:20 pm

I am very pleased to announce that we now have a set of Loan wheels and tyres for newbies to the woods to have a go safely should they only be running road tyres which would struggle in the wet months to cope with the hills..

These are Fudges dumper tyres on Hilux rims that he bought of me a while back, which he has kindly donated to the woods cause to give those new to our hobby with less equipped vehicles a first go to gain an insight into what their truck is capable of offroad. 8) 8) 8)

Big thanks go out to Fudge, this is really generous of him to donate these to the woods cause. :clap: :clap: :clap:

A few members have had a go with these before while they were mine, and then Fudges...and they do work really rather well, giving confidence through the immense traction and grip that they provide. They are great set of tyres to venture out on for the first time.

They seem to fit a standard height A series fine, but we would suggest that you remove the mud flaps in anticipation (10 minute job with a 10mm spanner or socket)...We have had them on a B before, but it was lifted a bit but I think they would be OK on a standard one with the mudflaps removed.

So again, huge thanks to Fudge...and if you are new to our game and want a go let me know and I will bring these down to the woods for you.
(please note if more than one person wants to use them, then 1/2 day each seems the fair way to do it.)
Check out the index thread below where pics/reviews from all our past meets can be found!!!!
click here for the SE Events Index/links Thread...see all the reviews and whats coming up soon!

Looks like I'm in trouble with the Mrs's again...
She asked me what I'd most like to do to her body...
Apparently "Identify it" is not the correct answer!

MAKE IT or BREAK IT! TEAMXTREME4X4
gregster
Winnebago..or does it?
Winnebago..or does it?

Model: 2.4 5dr
Registration Year: 1997/P
Vehicle Name: FRONTY4x4SPARES
Modifications: Drive a 2.2dti olympus, 2.8 lwb and 2.0i sport.
Breaking...
2.4i and 2.3td
2.0i C20ne and x20se x 4
2.8tdi x2
2.2i A
2.2i B LWB x3
x22dth B dti lwb x3
y22dth B dti lwb x5
Call Fronty4x4spares on
01622 739908.
Same day dispatch,
next day delivery