// Frontera Technical Support • View topic - ***SE PICNIC IN THE WOODS*** 24/25/26 June REVIEW

***SE PICNIC IN THE WOODS*** 24/25/26 June REVIEW

Kent to Oxfordshire

Including London North,South, East & West Bedfordshire Oxfordshire Hertfordshire

Moderator: gregster

Forum rules
Disclaimer:
Please understand that the Frontera Owners Group or any organiser of events will not be held responsible for any loss, damage, accident or injury caused by attending an event. You are responsible for your passengers and for your own safety and should carry the necessary recovery and safety equipment. You agree to follow the rules of the Highway Code, Green Lane Code and club pay and play site rules whichever applies. For greenlane events; All events should adhere to the GLASS Code of Conduct, and please note that Rights Of Way often change and if a TRO (traffic regulation order) has been put in place by the local council you should not drive the lane. If you do not agree to the above you should refrain from taking part in the event.

Re: ***SE PICNIC IN THE WOODS*** 24/25/26 June REVIEW

Postby RatCav on Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:20 pm

"Sqeaky Stoat" ... seem to remember it had something to do with Fudge and KY jelly :shock:
ImageImage

My members ride For Banshee the Trooper : viewtopic.php?f=46&t=34626

My members ride for Leeloo the Lotus Edition viewtopic.php?f=46&t=60154

Deceased

My members ride for Brenda the Bighorn : viewtopic.php?f=46&t=54771
RatCav
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Vehicle Name: Banshee
Modifications: Its a Frontera that is heavily disguised as a Mk.1 LWB Isuzu Bighorn 2.8TD Lotus Edition.
Hi-roof modification.
EGR valves and birds nest of vacuum pipes removed.
Front Manual Locking Hubs.
Rear Limited Slip Differential.
Yota Surf steels, with custom paintjob. (cheers Gregster)
33x12.5" R15 General Grabber AT 2's.
+2" suspension lift.
+3" body lift.
Cat 1 Thatcham approved alarm.
Irmscher wheel arch flares.
Full body restoration/respray. (cheers Gregster again!)
Region: North West

Postby gregster on Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:08 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: best leave it at that then.... :shock: :shock: :shock:
Check out the index thread below where pics/reviews from all our past meets can be found!!!!
click here for the SE Events Index/links Thread...see all the reviews and whats coming up soon!

Looks like I'm in trouble with the Mrs's again...
She asked me what I'd most like to do to her body...
Apparently "Identify it" is not the correct answer!

MAKE IT or BREAK IT! TEAMXTREME4X4
gregster
Winnebago..or does it?
Winnebago..or does it?

Model: 2.4 5dr
Registration Year: 1997/P
Vehicle Name: FRONTY4x4SPARES
Modifications: Drive a 2.2dti olympus, 2.8 lwb and 2.0i sport.
Breaking...
2.4i and 2.3td
2.0i C20ne and x20se x 4
2.8tdi x2
2.2i A
2.2i B LWB x3
x22dth B dti lwb x3
y22dth B dti lwb x5
Call Fronty4x4spares on
01622 739908.
Same day dispatch,
next day delivery
on 95% of items.
Region: South East

Postby rancidrich on Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:00 pm

gregster wrote:RancidRich is of course an exception to the rule...I dunno how he wound up where he did...And he drove my 2.4i beater round the woods in the dark-ish the night before without hitting anything!

I have a "sound of bending metal" Fetish" :lol:
If it aint broken, you havent tried hard enough

Heaven wont take me and Hell is scared i will take over
rancidrich
How Many Posts
How Many Posts

Model: 2.4 5dr
Registration Year: 1993/L
Vehicle Name: Tessie 2
Modifications: Tinted windows
4G WiFi
dvd/cd/radio headunit
lots of "go faster" dents all over the place
Region: South West

Postby 2much on Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:14 pm

Retro Pedro wrote:Didn't want you having withdrawal symptoms on us Steve - but I think next time I'll give you the video camera instead - you might have better luck than me getting that bloody thing to work as well :x
I knew one day the tree slider things would have to be used again :) Only under carriage damage is a bent trailing arm on the off side, but I'm sure I remember you saying that you bent one of yours straight so I'm going to get at it with a small bottle jack and try and push it back into shape - other than that, happy days

Hi Pete, no didnt bend mine straight i got another one! i think i have another too, will just check and let you know....
2much
frontera God
frontera God

Model: 2.8 TDI Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1995/N
Modifications: 2much!

Postby 2much on Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:18 pm

pete, you are in luck i have another in the shed - all yours.........
2much
frontera God
frontera God

Modifications: 2much!

Postby Retro Pedro on Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:25 am

Cheers Steve - your a gent. I'll give you a bell - Pete
Retro Pedro
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Vehicle Name: Grandads Tractor
Modifications: A few suspension modifications to assist with ground clearance and fitting of bigger tyres.

Postby Random Ross on Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:41 pm

Sorry for the late reply guys, lack of computer at Random Towers at the mo!!

Well what can I say! It might have been a shorteer weekend than planned, but boy was it a good one! :dance: :dance: Massive thanks to Greg and Sally for all the hard work they put in to making these possible! :party:

Was good to see old and new faces down the woods! New friends made, and old friends reunited!!

Arived nice and early down the work shop to assist with progress, (believe thats what its called), and loaded Gregs 2.4 and 2.8 to the rafters with essential items. Then took the trailer of intermediate wood (26 pallets!) and the FOG BOG down the woods. Great fun the watching Rob doing his half man/half ape bit putting the canopy up!! :lol:

After everything was set up and the pop up hotel errcted spent the rest of the evening being attacked with sticks, and fire, and sticks on fire!! Thanks Pyro-Girl!! :oh yer: Topped that off with some pear cider and half a bottle of woo-woo!!

Managed to spend much of saturday on a rope, either being extracted or doing the extracting!! But much fun was had in the slippery woods which were drying all the time from the heavy showers earlier in the week. Took Rancid and Mrs rancid around later in the day to show that it is possible to get the old Bedford powered Fronteras around the woods without cross breeding them with the scenery!! Also took Hobsey out for a trip round and gave him a master class in getting cross-axled! :oops: Notice the use of side lights and fronmt fogs in some of the others pics, this was for a gain of 4.75bhp, doubling thew already emense out put of the 2.4i opel manta/bedford ambulance power plant!! :mrgreen:

Then came more fire and beer!! Still cant remember what brought on Fudge's "Squeaky Stoat", but do remember that it had something to do with "101 uses for KY Jelly"!!?? :oops:

Have been thinking that I might name my Truck "The Squeaky Stoat"! What do you think? LOL!!

Then home time on Sunday. Always sad to pack everything away, it means the end of the fun times! :cry: Although this time was needed more to tow Fudge's shorty out of the tyre changfing hole as he one-by-one removed the backward dumper tyres!! :rotfl:

All in all was an absolute blinder of a few days and cant wait till August for the next one!!

gregster wrote:Gotta say I was really so disappointed when so many dropped out at the last minute or couldnt make this meet, meaning that no matter how many times we did the maths, the weekender as normal wasnt gonna happen.
Everyone has worked so hard to create our own unique place to meet and play, and its gutting to have to admit defeat at this stage, especially when we have to let down members who have travelled a long way by cutting the meet short as there is insufficient support/funding to do it.
As it happened the weather turned great on Sunday, such that if we had done a normal 2 day weekender, then the participants would have had both the fun of mud and slipping around on Saturday, and then the ability to be able to explore and try much more with the site dryer.
I think what we have made here is great and its a real privilege, but if its not supported then it cant move forwards and will lose momentum and we will lose it. The weekenders are what the woods are all about, not just mud and 4x4's, but a whole lot more...

Can second what Gregster said about admitting defeat, it would be such a shame if the weekenders can't continue, but hopefully we can carry on for many years to come!! We just need a few more people to come and have a great time down the woods so that we can progress the site further. I know that that the last thing that anyone who has come to the woods, either once or for every meet, wants is for there to be no more meetings!! Come on Foggers, we need you!!!

Sorry haven't got any pics this time was having too much fun to remember to get the camera out!! Will try harder next time!! LOL!!
IF YOU CAN READ THIS, I NEED MUD!!!!
I DON'T GET STUCK, I JUST HAVE TEMPORARY LOSSES OF MOTION!!!!
Random Ross
Fronty Engineer
Fronty Engineer

Model: 2.8 TDI 5dr
Registration Year: 1996/N
Modifications: Birds nest removed n EGR disconnected 
5x 31/10.50/15 Camac Terra 4x4 tyres on Leafer 5 spokes
Rear number plate relocated to tailgate
Diamond Stainless Bull-bars
Stainless rear light guards
Window deflectors
Bonnet Stone chip guard
Renault Scenic rear window blinds

Fronty No.2.      BREAKING
'94 2.4i Diamond 5dr
Full Diamond Spec

'05 Chevrolet Kalos 1.4 SX
'99 Volvo S40 1.8 GDI
(For sale £995 Ono)
'98 Corsa 1.2 Grasstrack Car
'95 Jaguar XJ6 Auto
(For Sale £750 Ono)
'83 Mk1 Astra 1.6s 5dr

Postby Retro Pedro on Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:33 pm

Rob's had a go at my distorted SD card and as had success in retrieving another vid for me - so here it is
Retro Pedro
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Vehicle Name: Grandads Tractor
Modifications: A few suspension modifications to assist with ground clearance and fitting of bigger tyres.

Previous

Return to South East