// Frontera Technical Support • View topic - Hi There! LWB 3.2 V6 6VD1W Black

Hi There! LWB 3.2 V6 6VD1W Black

A Place to introduce yourself and say hello! - Please do not post questions here. If you are unsure of where to post a question, please post it in the General section and one of the FOG staff will move it to the correct place

Hi There! LWB 3.2 V6 6VD1W Black

Postby monza on Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:14 pm

Hello everyone & I can't say how delighted I am to be here.

I did get registered on here a little while ago but I've only just got around to sorting out my profile as my project has stalled a bit due to January weather/Frost/Ice/Snow?Wind/Rain ....blah blah!

My wife bought me this AMAZING LWB Midnight Black Frontera for my birthday last February from Ebay for just £350. Full factory specced out (even heated leather seats and Fly By Wire!). Body in great nick besides a few rust spots as you'd expect. The owner was selling as it had developed a big end "Clonk" ...Bad! He paid £2495-00 for it just 2 years previous (Showed it) and wanted it to go to a good home and someone who could fix it. I'm an ex-mechanic (30 years ago) with a very nice collection of tools/space/time and in need of something to focus on. Perfect!

As at this moment in time I have the bad engine out, everything labelled up as I took it out/removed it, photographed every stage and I've even videoed many things and started my own YouTube channel to provide a full record and others with assistance.

...tonight though (Friday 25th Jan 2019 :drink: ) I'm committed to this and trying to make some sense of what I'm doing and laying out a platform to stand on to shout for some help. I'm not scared of what I need to do but I'm not an expert and somewhere to ask for help is a great thing. ...I'm doing this by myself with nobody to ask for help locally/anywhere and sometimes I struggle due to having Rheumatoid Arthritis ( I can't swing on seized bolts without having to recover for 2 weeks ). I WILL get this puppy going again by myself so a hand on my shoulder should help to bring it about.

I do have a "used" engine I bought last year but I'm far from happy with it. It was bought from a 4x4 "Breaker" with a 3month guarantee but that has looooong since passed. ...I need to get this right so willing to cut my losses and find another one to complete the project. Guidance/advice on where to source cheap/affordable parts would be massively helpful. Do I really have to pay £350 for a clutch kit and replace the flywheel? I have two perfect ones!

Sorry to waffle on. Once again, Hello, thanks in advance and I really look forward to hearing from like-minded nutters like me!

Lee
monza

Model: 3.2 V6 5dr
Registration Year: 2003/53
Vehicle Name: Fenix
Modifications: None ...Yet!
Region: North East

Re: Hi There! LWB 3.2 V6 6VD1W Black

Postby FronteraBob on Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:02 pm

Hi, I have a complete running 03 V6 that I am willing to break for club members, has a very good engine :thumbup:
When words become violence, what could be better than silence.....
FronteraBob
Fronty Engineer
Fronty Engineer

Model: 3.2 V6 5dr
Registration Year: 1999/T
Vehicle Name: Red Devil !
Modifications: Zero....
Region: North West

Re: Hi There! LWB 3.2 V6 6VD1W Black

Postby stretch on Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:34 am

Hello and welcome to fog. Lots of great people and advice on here, I'm sure we can help in getting you running again.
stretch
Rain cloud of doom
Rain cloud of doom

Model: 2.2 DTI 5dr
Registration Year: 2000/W
Vehicle Name: F.I.T.T
Modifications: 12v feed in boot
Truckputer under construction
Front & rear recovery points
De side stepped
Region: East Anglia

Return to New Members