// Frontera Technical Support • View topic - Reborn

Reborn

A Place to introduce yourself and say hello! - Please do not post questions here. If you are unsure of where to post a question, please post it in the General section and one of the FOG staff will move it to the correct place

Reborn

Postby SnortonR on Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:59 pm

Hi all, back after a long break. After 3 attempts at a head gasket repair on my '96 2.5TDS I scrapped it and turned to a 3.1 lwb Isuzu Trooper for 4 years. 3 years later I now have a one owner from new 2004 lwb 2.2DTI Olympus with 77k on it. Looking forward to learning all about it from you all.
SnortonR
Senior Frontera Engineer
Senior Frontera Engineer

Model: 2.2 DTI 5dr
Registration Year: 2004/04
Region: Mid Wales

Re: Reborn

Postby stretch on Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:05 pm

Welcome back to frontera land, 3 attempts what went wrong?
stretch
Rain cloud of doom
Rain cloud of doom

Registration Year: 2000/W
Vehicle Name: F.I.T.T
Modifications: 12v feed in boot
Truckputer under construction
Front & rear recovery points
De side stepped
Region: East Anglia

Postby furio on Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:46 pm

Good luck with the new truck mate 8)
Someone mention laning? Just tell me when and where!
furio
GURU
GURU

Model: 2.0i Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1998/R
Modifications: Marix Puma MT's
CB
Manual Cooling Fan Switch
Snorkel
Old Man Emu Suspension lift
Roof lights
Raised Axle Breathers
Region: North Wales

Postby SnortonR on Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:31 am

Blimey how time flies. 12 months on - 84k, new battery, spare tyre, front discs and pads, minor blistering to arches and the bit hidden by the back doors treated ready to paint, most of car cut and waxed to finish when the rain stops. One problem in separate posting.
My previous car's head problems? First time I failed to recognise a fault in one of the heads, second time I thought it was successful and after 3k did oil and coolant change only for it shortly after to start blowing steam again!! I followed religiously the guidance on here so I don't know what went wrong. I recall now that I never got around to the third time after I'd bought all the stuff; gasket, bolts etc. In fact I came across the bolts when tidying the garage a couple of months ago. A scrappy/breaker offered me 350.00 so I let it go.
The trooper was a good truck but failed mot needing 400.00 welding. Man paid me 650.00 for engine and drove it away.

After an unfortunate incident with a rogue trader over an XTrail I've decided this fronty is a keeper so I expect to be a nuisance on here. See you elsewhere.
SnortonR
Senior Frontera Engineer
Senior Frontera Engineer

Registration Year: 2004/04
Region: Mid Wales

Return to New Members