// Frontera Technical Support • View topic - Next Annual Meet

Next Annual Meet

Forum rules
Disclaimer:
Please understand that the Frontera Owners Group or any organiser of events will not be held responsible for any loss, damage, accident or injury caused by attending an event. You are responsible for your passengers and for your own safety and should carry the necessary recovery and safety equipment. You agree to follow the rules of the Highway Code, Green Lane Code and club pay and play site rules whichever applies. For greenlane events; All events should adhere to the GLASS Code of Conduct, and please note that Rights Of Way often change and if a TRO (traffic regulation order) has been put in place by the local council you should not drive the lane. If you do not agree to the above you should refrain from taking part in the event.

Postby Apache-Andy on Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:23 pm

aha I see :) so no off-road AGM as it were, just the world record thing instead? Makes sense as it's a fair bit of organizing for the WR attempt I'd imagine!
Apache-Andy
frontera God
frontera God

Postby Red Oktober on Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:26 pm

it would apear that way Andy ...yes..
Red Oktober
Retired

Model: 2.8 TDI 5dr
Registration Year: 1995/N
Region: South West

Postby stu on Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:26 pm

Apache-Andy wrote:aha I see :) so no off-road AGM as it were, just the world record thing instead? Makes sense as it's a fair bit of organizing for the WR attempt I'd imagine!

thank god someones realised whats involved .cheers andy . :wink:
out of retirement and out of my head
stu
Retired

Region: International

Postby Reeco on Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:30 pm

HI All, For what it's worth, I think Carl is spot on, when the ball really starts rolling on the GWR this website, the admins and mods will have their hands full, we shall all have to pull together like never before, the good thing is we are easy going anf we do have one common interest.

This attempt will be as big as it gets for an internet vehicle club and could put us right on the map, as a bunch of people who do care.

To get sidetracked by an annual meet in my humble opinion would not be helpful.

No offence or disrepest meant to anyone, it's just my humble opinion.

Nothing stops local groups having a meet socially or go green laning.

Let us all focus on the GWR attempt. ATB. Reeco
Reeco

Postby Apache-Andy on Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:20 pm

stuart wrote: thank god someones realised whats involved .cheers andy . :wink:

You mean I've been useful! :oops: That's never happened before :D
Apache-Andy
frontera God
frontera God

Postby Red Oktober on Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:24 pm

Apache-Andy wrote:
stuart wrote: thank god someones realised whats involved .cheers andy . :wink:

You mean I've been useful! :oops: That's never happened before :D

first time for everything mate :lol: :lol:
Red Oktober
Retired

Postby Annamarie Oktober on Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:55 pm

stuart wrote:
Apache-Andy wrote:aha I see :) so no off-road AGM as it were, just the world record thing instead? Makes sense as it's a fair bit of organizing for the WR attempt I'd imagine!

i hope you dont mind me saying but,i did tell carl to mention the gwr was first at the moment,as its such a big thing to work on :roll: :oops:
Annamarie Oktober
Retired

Postby Apache-Andy on Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:36 pm

Put him over your knee Mrs O ;)
Apache-Andy
frontera God
frontera God

Postby Annamarie Oktober on Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:43 pm

oooooooooooooooo he might like that :lol: :lol:
Annamarie Oktober
Retired

Postby stu on Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:24 pm

Mrs Oktober wrote:
stuart wrote:

i hope you dont mind me saying but,i did tell carl to mention the gwr was first at the moment,as its such a big thing to work on :roll: :oops:

G.W.R. ? great welsh rarebit .
out of retirement and out of my head
stu
Retired

Region: International

Postby Red Oktober on Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:14 am

stuart wrote:
Mrs Oktober wrote:
stuart wrote:

G.W.R. ? great welsh rarebit .

No stu ....Guinness World Record :lol:
Red Oktober
Retired

Postby lotusfrontera on Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:43 am

Just out of interest, who started the ball rolling for the GWR? for next year and who also started the ball rolling for the 2006 GWR for FOG to attend, I`ll think you`ll find it was normal members who first put the effort in!!
lotusfrontera
How Many Posts
How Many Posts

Model: 2.2 DTI 5dr
Registration Year: 2000/W

Postby Annamarie Oktober on Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:07 am

i think this is turning in to a big brother show :roll: we all know that if you put any group of people together they will not agree with each other, i hope it gets sorted soon,as we dont want a punch up on the day :( :( as things can get out of hand :shock: ....after all boys,its only a forum
Annamarie Oktober
Retired

Postby Drift on Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:32 am

lotusfrontera wrote:Just out of interest, who started the ball rolling for the GWR? for next year and who also started the ball rolling for the 2006 GWR for FOG to attend, I`ll think you`ll find it was normal members who first put the effort in!!

And we all fully applaud members organizing meets and long may it continue.
Ste
FOG Administrator

Frontera Technical Support
Often Imitated Never Bettered

http://www.fronteraowners.co.uk
Its here, the FOG Annual Meet 2014 viewforum.php?f=123
Drift
The Man-ual
The Man-ual

Vehicle Name: Daddy's Car or Triggers Broom
Modifications: 2.8 TDI LWB
Tinkered to it's practical limits but understated, though shockingly cool (do you know her?).
She is nicccccceeee ;-)
Region: North West

Postby FUDDY MUCKER on Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:21 pm

lotusfrontera wrote:Just out of interest, who started the ball rolling for the GWR? for next year and who also started the ball rolling for the 2006 GWR for FOG to attend, I`ll think you`ll find it was normal members who first put the effort in!!

Well said :clap:

A forum is only as good as it's members, and should be run by members for members. The social side of it is just as important as the day to day website.

If Admins and Mods don't or can't get involved with organising events, meets etc, then they should take a back seat and let people who are willing to take things in hand and have a go.

Over recent months there has been a noted increase in the number of Moderators on the site, unfortunately this has not been followed up by increase in activity on the behalf of the Moderators.

And getting back to the GWR attempt. correct me if I am wrong but this has been in the pipeline for near on 6 months now, and we are still no further forward in organsising it.

At the last check there where 300 members who signed up for it. I guarentee that out of them 300, quite a few of them won't be bothered to turn up, most won't bother due to the organisation and time scale already evolved, and quite a few people will have moved on now, maybe to other forums, may no longer own a frontera etc.

So Maybe Admins should email all those who's names are down, just to confirm there commitment and posisiton before talk of celebrities, manufactures and charities even come into play.
FUDDY MUCKER
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Region: Midlands

Postby bobbinsjob on Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:46 pm

It was me that started this attempt for 2008 going. I am just a normal member of FOG and only have moderator status for the GWR section just so I can keep it tidy. I started it because I love my Fronty and want the rest of the world to know it.

True, we are 6 months down the line but something this size takes a lot of organizing. At present I am still trying to get us a venue and date without it costing a small fortune. Presently waiting on Rockingham raceway for an answer.

As soon as I have that info an email will be sent to all members.

The talk of celebrities is as it says, talk, and I thank you members for putting these ideas forward as I want this event to get as much publicity as possible so that the charities benefit more.

Please bare with me whilst we wait for a venue and then the real organizing can start. Rome wasn't built in a day.
SIZE DOES MATTER!!
MEMBER 1728
1996 2.8 SWB called VIPER

Members Ride section for VIPER

Comments on VIPER here

GET YOUR CARTOON CAR HERE
bobbinsjob
Rev Limit Finder
Rev Limit Finder

Model: 2.8 TDI Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1996/N
Vehicle Name: Viper
Modifications: Deep offset Steel modular wheels with 32/11.5/15 Kuhmo KL71 mud tyres
+2" Plasma body lift
Flipped ball-joints
+2" spring spacers
Custom built roof rack
Light bar
Modified Navara tubular rear bumper
Mental cammo paint job
Region: South East

Postby Red Oktober on Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:52 pm

hmmmm ....

theres a very small minority of members who look like they are intent on causing trouble on here ....

Fortunatly theres a bigger majority of members who can see though those who're intent on trying to spoil it for everyone else :wink:

and FAILING MISERABLY :lol: :lol: :lol:
Red Oktober
Retired

Postby I Live For FOG on Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:05 pm

the team will look into the possibility of a meet in the new year possibly at world record attempt
thread closed
A legend in my own mind
I Live For FOG
my other car is a broken down frontera,
my other car is a broken down frontera,

Modifications: A legend in my own mind

Previous

Return to General Events