// Frontera Technical Support • View topic - Lanes Beds/Herts/Bucks ???

Lanes Beds/Herts/Bucks ???

Forum rules
Disclaimer:
Please understand that the Frontera Owners Group or any organiser of events will not be held responsible for any loss, damage, accident or injury caused by attending an event. You are responsible for your passengers and for your own safety and should carry the necessary recovery and safety equipment. You agree to follow the rules of the Highway Code, Green Lane Code and club pay and play site rules whichever applies. For greenlane events; All events should adhere to the GLASS Code of Conduct, and please note that Rights Of Way often change and if a TRO (traffic regulation order) has been put in place by the local council you should not drive the lane. If you do not agree to the above you should refrain from taking part in the event.

Lanes Beds/Herts/Bucks ???

Postby samanslow on Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:51 pm

Hi Guys

I have managed to completely confuse myself :oops: being fair its doesnt take much lol

Have been looking over my os maps and have found quite a few byways around the area but now i'm reading through the green lane code and other articles and getting myself confused as to which are open to be driven.

Any help greatly appreciated :D

forgot to say i have os explorer maps 182 - st albans, hatfield, hemel & Welwyn GC & 193 - Luton, stevenage hitchin & amphtill
samanslow
4WD
4WD

Model: 2.0i Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1995/M
Region: South East

Re: Lanes Beds/Herts/Bucks ???

Postby john (smifffy) on Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:18 pm

look here for map & rights of way officer phone numbers

http://www.centralbedfordshire.gov.uk/i ... -25410.pdf

list of ROW closed lanes

http://www.centralbedfordshire.gov.uk/c ... sures.aspx
cheers

john (smifffy)
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Model: 2.2i 5dr
Registration Year: 1996/N
Modifications: 1996 2.2 16v diamond pack

2014 new astra 2.2 SRI cdti SS sports tourer
Region: East Anglia

Postby samanslow on Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:21 pm

ooh another local hello :D

Thanks will have a look at them
samanslow
4WD
4WD

Registration Year: 1995/M

Postby mud_lover on Sun May 02, 2010 11:11 am

all of them can be driven ;-)

lol

im going out today to do the sharpenhoe lane, if you wanna tag along, will prob go from there to the hitchen whitwell and gt offley lanes !!!
mud_lover
Apprentice Frontera engineer

Postby gregster on Sun May 02, 2010 1:51 pm

mud_lover wrote:all of them can be driven ;-)

lol

im going out today to do the sharpenhoe lane, if you wanna tag along, will prob go from there to the hitchen whitwell and gt offley lanes !!!

Mud_lover....I hope you are not suggesting that ANY lanes can be driven irrespective of orders that may be imposed on them by the local councils...

If so, then this is a sure fire way to get more of our lanes closed permanently, and you risk prosecution and vehicle seizure by using lanes that are not permitted to have vehicular access...

If you feel that driving ANYTHING is ok, then I must insist that you keep this to yourself and certainly do not encourage other members, particularily ones new to offroading to join you, and dont post anything with regards to this behaviour on this forum...

We on FOG advocate LEGAL use of our byways, and frankly members who wish to jeopardise the existence of our LEGAL rights of way through there irresponsible and selfish actions are not welcome on here... :twisted:

My apols if I got the wrong end of the stick from your post and you were not advocating illegal byway use, it just read that way to me... :wink:
Check out the index thread below where pics/reviews from all our past meets can be found!!!!
click here for the SE Events Index/links Thread...see all the reviews and whats coming up soon!

Looks like I'm in trouble with the Mrs's again...
She asked me what I'd most like to do to her body...
Apparently "Identify it" is not the correct answer!

MAKE IT or BREAK IT! TEAMXTREME4X4
gregster
Winnebago..or does it?
Winnebago..or does it?

Model: 2.4 5dr
Registration Year: 1997/P
Vehicle Name: FRONTY4x4SPARES
Modifications: Drive a 2.2dti olympus, 2.8 lwb and 2.0i sport.
Breaking...
2.4i and 2.3td
2.0i C20ne and x20se x 4
2.8tdi x2
2.2i A
2.2i B LWB x3
x22dth B dti lwb x3
y22dth B dti lwb x5
Call Fronty4x4spares on
01622 739908.
Same day dispatch,
next day delivery
on 95% of items.

Postby john (smifffy) on Sun May 02, 2010 2:26 pm

i think sharpenhoe lane is a boat open from april till october

i think beside the parking/picnic area the sharpenhoe clappers are a no go area to motor vehicles :drink:
cheers

john (smifffy)
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Postby bushwacker on Sun May 02, 2010 3:19 pm

hi ya all :) MUD LOVER i have to agree with gregster as far as the lanes ar concerned,ye its great to get all exited and get of road in your new truck, but green lane and public by ways have rules and regs the same as normal road use, it only takes a few irresponsible 4x4 drivers, to close the lanes for every one, soory if i have miss read your post but to me it read that you could drive any lane ..................pete
bushwacker
How Many Posts
How Many Posts

Registration Year: 1997/R
Vehicle Name: ?
Modifications: 2 inch sussy lift, all terain tyres, cb recovery shackels

Postby mud_lover on Tue May 04, 2010 2:34 pm

chillout guys,
lol

the sharpenhoe lane (harligton) was open 1st of may, we went down on 2nd and omg STRONGLY NOT ADVISABLE, this lane is extreme and should only be attempted by the pro's , all three of us got stuck 5hours to get out of the lane and we only managed to go half way we couldnt complete it,
mud_lover

Postby bushwacker on Tue May 04, 2010 8:58 pm

mud_lover wrote:chillout guys,
lol

the sharpenhoe lane (harligton) was open 1st of may, we went down on 2nd and omg STRONGLY NOT ADVISABLE, this lane is extreme and should only be attempted by the pro's , all three of us got stuck 5hours to get out of the lane and we only managed to go half way we couldnt complete it,
hi ya matey :) glad you hads fun on those lanes looks like a good day out, my concern about driving them lanes if they have a TRO on them the law could take your moter of you, whitch has been agravated by a certen comunity as a means for ileagle hare coursing, ipersonly no some one who used a lane with a TRO on it he had a lurtcher dog with him, even though he was there green laning with no intent to use the dog , his truck dog ect was taken of him :( ...........pete
bushwacker
How Many Posts
How Many Posts

Registration Year: 1997/R
Vehicle Name: ?
Modifications: 2 inch sussy lift, all terain tyres, cb recovery shackels

Postby john (smifffy) on Tue May 18, 2010 11:36 pm

a reply i had by email from central beds ROW officer
As explained, most of the byways in Central Bedfordshire have been permanently closed by Traffic Regulation Order for some time and there is very little political and local support to change this. Traffic Regulation orders do not affect any private rights of access landowners may have and only relate to members of the public accessing byways in vehicles. My suggestion would be for your forum to raise your concerns about permanent traffic regulation orders existing on public rights of way in Central Bedfordshire with your MP, local councillors, parish councils and the police. These people would have a significant say in any proposed changes to existing permanent traffic regulation orders on byways. I would also point out that we do have Andy Gerrard, representing the Trail Riders Fellowship on our Local Access Forum and are always looking for new members. Further information about the forum can be found at:-
http://www.centralbedfordshire.gov.uk/e ... fault.aspx

Central Bedfordshire's online mapping is at http://www.centralbedfordshire.gov.uk/o ... g/map.aspx

For Bedford Borough - their online mapping link is:- http://www.bedford.gov.uk/environment_a ... f_way.aspx
cheers

john (smifffy)
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Return to Greenlaning Fording