// Frontera Technical Support • View topic - Help please

Help please

new forum
Forum rules
Disclaimer:
Please understand that the Frontera Owners Group or any organiser of events will not be held responsible for any loss, damage, accident or injury caused by attending an event. You are responsible for your passengers and for your own safety and should carry the necessary recovery and safety equipment. You agree to follow the rules of the Highway Code, Green Lane Code and club pay and play site rules whichever applies. For greenlane events; All events should adhere to the GLASS Code of Conduct, and please note that Rights Of Way often change and if a TRO (traffic regulation order) has been put in place by the local council you should not drive the lane. If you do not agree to the above you should refrain from taking part in the event.

Help please

Postby dannuth on Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:39 am

Hi everyone. I dont no if any of you are aware but there is a big problem at the moment with dartford pay and play being shut down by dartford borough council. now some of you may use this site, others may not, but The kent off road club are trying to organise a protest at its closure. there is to be a hearing at some point in the next couple of weeks (ill post up dates and times when i find them out) at the courthouse in dartford so we are trying to arrange to have as many offroaders there on the day as possible to show that offroaders as a whole are not happy at the way we are being treated. there will also possibly be a couple of 'go slow' protests around dartford town centre in the days leading up to the hearing just to make ourselves known. i would appreciate any help with this matter as would im sure the other fellas on TKORC and mostly jock, who runs dartford p+p. we just need as many people as possible to turn up on these days to show support for the site and for offroaders as a whole. as you are probably aware, during the recent spells of bad weather 4x4 owners were being praised for their work in transporting care workers and emergancy staff around, but as soon as all that clears they are back to slagging them of and trying to stop us from enjoying ourselves in our free time.
anyway im going on a bit now so ill leave ya to it. there is a petition online as well for everyone to sign.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/dartford4x4/

thanks for any help in advance.

cheers

dan
dannuth
Apprentice Frontera engineer

Model: 2.2 DTi 16v RS Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1999/T
Region: South East

Re: Help please

Postby BadBoy on Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:30 pm

Your may or may not be aware that us SE lads were planning a trip there in January, but it was called off mainly due to the bad weather so I think a few of us will have an interest in this thread, but the big question is WHY are DBC wanting it closed?
If it's planning, noise, traffic problems then surely these problems need addressing before any protest can be mounted?
If DBC have obtained an order to shut the site down then there must have been an objection from a local resident, or land owner?

Can you explain some more what the problem is, as their website only says it's shut due to the recent bad weather.
Traffic lights in London are just rough guidelines
BadBoy
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Modifications: Looks a bit like a Kia Sorento 2.5CRDi Titian remapped for 265bhp!

Re: Help please

Postby dannuth on Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:57 pm

i wasnt aware of that, no. wasnt sure if anyone knew about it or used it so thought i wuold try and see. unfortunately at the moment im not too sure why its been closed, i think it might have been something to do with insurance issues, but dont quote me on that. i will try and find out some more details and get bck on here and let you no. thanks for ya interest anyway. :)

cheers

dan
dannuth

Model: 2.2 DTi 16v RS Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1999/T

Return to Offroad Venues