// Frontera Technical Support • View topic - 4x4 day in nottingham either 23rd or 30oct who's interested

4x4 day in nottingham either 23rd or 30oct who's interested

Forum rules
Disclaimer:
Please understand that the Frontera Owners Group or any organiser of events will not be held responsible for any loss, damage, accident or injury caused by attending an event. You are responsible for your passengers and for your own safety and should carry the necessary recovery and safety equipment. You agree to follow the rules of the Highway Code, Green Lane Code and club pay and play site rules whichever applies. For greenlane events; All events should adhere to the GLASS Code of Conduct, and please note that Rights Of Way often change and if a TRO (traffic regulation order) has been put in place by the local council you should not drive the lane. If you do not agree to the above you should refrain from taking part in the event.

4x4 day in nottingham either 23rd or 30oct who's interested

Postby AskDean on Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:20 pm

hi everyone

i am thinking of putting together another 4x4 day at my local private play ground in nottingham so if any one is interested then seeing just which sunday is best for those who wants to com so i thinking either the sunday 23rd or 30th or October as this gives anyone who wants to come plenty of time to make arrangements. maybe make it a hallowen theme if we go for the 30th. maybe if we get enough interest big rob and bobby if they can make it might drag out the fog bbq and put some food on seeing at it will be getting dark around tea time it might give some the chance to flick on there roof bars and have a go in the dark.

thinking of saying from 10am till late so give those traveling a little extra time to get here. let me know what you thinks and i will get permission for the date choosen as at present no problem for either date is good.

and if we get some good rain between now and then the big puddles might have filled up enough to get your undersides wet.

just to clarify as i have been advise to put this

Please understand that the Frontera Owners Group or any organiser of events will not be held responsible for any loss, damage, accident or injury caused by attending an event. You are responsible for your passengers and for your own safety and should carry the necessary recovery and safety equipment. You agree to follow the rules of the Highway Code, Green Lane Code and club pay and play site rules whichever applies.

23rd oct = 1 30th oct = 1
Last edited by AskDean on Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
AskDean
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Model: 3.2 V6 5dr
Registration Year: 2001/51
Vehicle Name: The Big Black Beasty
Modifications: LWB Unlimited 3.2 V6, Cloth , +3 Lift spring, rough country nitro +2 shocks, cat back stainless steel exhaust, AT's, 135w led spots, twin pump fed air horns, Sony 1400w explod sub, Solar and LPG converted, fridge in the back, a leggy blonde in the passenger seat and little old me at the wheel.
Region: Midlands

Re: 4x4 day in nottingham either 23rd or 30oct who's interes

Postby rseaville on Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:13 pm

Pencil me in for the 30th.
rseaville
my other cars a frontera
my other cars a frontera

Model: 2.2 DTI 5dr
Registration Year: 2000/W
Vehicle Name: Tera
Modifications: Wheel arch mod, 235 85 16 AT tyres, 1" suspension lift, 1" body lift.
Region: North West

Postby horses45 on Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:21 pm

well im off the 23rd but at work the 30th :D
BRING ON A BIGGER WALL !!!!![color=#4080FF]Cos I Am The Cosmic Fool

East Midland Area Rep

Frontera owners stickers here forums/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=47071"
horses45
FOG BBQ Chef
FOG BBQ Chef

Registration Year: 2003/03
Vehicle Name: The Truck
Modifications: None :-(

Postby AskDean on Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:01 pm

rseaville wrote:Pencil me in for the 30th.

any chance you can make the 23rd if more people opt for this date
AskDean
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Modifications: LWB Unlimited 3.2 V6, Cloth , +3 Lift spring, rough country nitro +2 shocks, cat back stainless steel exhaust, AT's, 135w led spots, twin pump fed air horns, Sony 1400w explod sub, Solar and LPG converted, fridge in the back, a leggy blonde in the passenger seat and little old me at the wheel.

Postby horses45 on Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:08 pm

dean best bet is to go with the date you get the best response to, that's what i would do mate as you cant please everyone at meets but i find thats the best option and stick with that date :D
BRING ON A BIGGER WALL !!!!![color=#4080FF]Cos I Am The Cosmic Fool

East Midland Area Rep

Frontera owners stickers here forums/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=47071"
horses45
FOG BBQ Chef
FOG BBQ Chef

Registration Year: 2003/03
Vehicle Name: The Truck
Modifications: None :-(

Postby AskDean on Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:27 pm

i know but what we going to do with out you bud.

like i said it is a month away either way so we will see nearer the time and you can alwasy come the 23rd anyway if you the masses choose 30th
AskDean
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Postby rseaville on Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:44 am

Can do both dates, will go with the flow, will be great to meet up again :dance:
rseaville
my other cars a frontera
my other cars a frontera

Registration Year: 2000/W
Vehicle Name: Tera
Modifications: Wheel arch mod, 235 85 16 AT tyres, 1" suspension lift, 1" body lift.

Postby andysd1 on Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:32 pm

dean, as your pm button is turned of, can i ask you a question, what permission do you have to be on the land, as i believe its development land, but they are not using the bit you use, if you only have a verbal agreement, then i would not use it, i would want it in writing, sorry for putting this here, i am just looking after the members
flying solo, weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
andysd1
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Model: 2.8 TDI Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1996/N
Vehicle Name: snake

Postby AskDean on Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:24 pm

hi andy

i dont know why my pm button would not be on you would have to ask drift as i have not changed anything and had simply turned off the laptop for the night.

yes the land in being devloped over a 5 year period and yes i have verbal perision to use the land and the keys to the gates as i have not needed to have it written on a piece of paper to have a good time, but seeing as this is such an issue for you what i will do is i will remove this post from here and any one who wants come on these dates can contact me and have a day out then they can do and it will be nothing to do with fog.

I was simply offering fog members the chance to access land that i have permision to use for free not for £40 a day like most pay and play sites I would of thought people would of been more supportive of having access to some were to play. but i guess not.
AskDean
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Postby Drift on Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:31 pm

i dont know why my pm button would not be on you would have to ask drift as i have not changed anything and had simply turned off the laptop for the night.

Errm why bring me into it? Ive not touched your account :?

And please do not bring FOG into an issue with another member, we Admin or Mods have not mentioned anything about your site in this thread, so again please do not lambaste the group because of one members comment.
Ste
FOG Administrator

Frontera Technical Support
Often Imitated Never Bettered

http://www.fronteraowners.co.uk
Its here, the FOG Annual Meet 2014 viewforum.php?f=123
Drift
The Man-ual
The Man-ual

Model: 2.8 TDI 5dr
Registration Year: 1995/N
Vehicle Name: Daddy's Car or Triggers Broom
Modifications: 2.8 TDI LWB
Tinkered to it's practical limits but understated, though shockingly cool (do you know her?).
She is nicccccceeee ;-)

Postby gregster on Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:32 pm

are sure you want this removed Dean, before I hit the X button and action your request above...

Please confirm

EDIT...Ignore this as Ste is on the case...we posted at the same time
Check out the index thread below where pics/reviews from all our past meets can be found!!!!
click here for the SE Events Index/links Thread...see all the reviews and whats coming up soon!

Looks like I'm in trouble with the Mrs's again...
She asked me what I'd most like to do to her body...
Apparently "Identify it" is not the correct answer!

MAKE IT or BREAK IT! TEAMXTREME4X4
gregster
Winnebago..or does it?
Winnebago..or does it?

Model: 2.4 5dr
Registration Year: 1997/P
Vehicle Name: FRONTY4x4SPARES
Modifications: Drive a 2.2dti olympus, 2.8 lwb and 2.0i sport.
Breaking...
2.4i and 2.3td
2.0i C20ne and x20se x 4
2.8tdi x2
2.2i A
2.2i B LWB x3
x22dth B dti lwb x3
y22dth B dti lwb x5
Call Fronty4x4spares on
01622 739908.
Same day dispatch,
next day delivery
on 95% of items.
Region: South East

Postby andysd1 on Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:36 pm

just looking out for the members, giving all the info, and letting people go some where blind, and getting to trouble, and losing the motors
andysd1
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Postby AskDean on Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:39 pm

you can answer this one why would the pm button not appear just because i turned y laptop off? can you answer this as puzzled by andys comment

lets leave it so the people who have expressed an interest can see and respond

and then if they want it removing or the masses do then we can

i just feel sad that there is less support for a free day out as enough people have said they would of come.

if suppose if andy doesnt want to go this is his choice and he has expressed his opinion lets leave it open for the fog members to decide what they feel is the right thing to do

and we know now that there is at least two bits that are not for the trucks to venture into.
AskDean
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Postby AskDean on Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:42 pm

Drift wrote:

Errm why bring me into it? Ive not touched your account :?

And please do not bring FOG into an issue with another member, we Admin or Mods have not mentioned anything about your site in this thread, so again please do not lambaste the group because of one members comment.

i was not bringing you into anything i was thinking as a mod you answer why the button might not appear not that you had done something.

this is not something between me and andy i was tyring to find out why the btton disspaeared
AskDean
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Postby Drift on Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:45 pm

If you have a question or problem ask me direct, if you couldn't pm post about it, DO NOT insinuate I have messed with your settings thank you :evil:
Ste
FOG Administrator

Drift
The Man-ual
The Man-ual

Tinkered to it's practical limits but understated, though shockingly cool (do you know her?).
She is nicccccceeee ;-)

Postby andysd1 on Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:46 pm

i tried to pm you after your response, it said, i could not reply, then when i clicked on your name, it was only allowing me to send an email, there for, i assumed your pm function was turned of,

i don't mind coming, but i don't want to get in to any trouble with driving on some one else's land, how would it look after the snowdonia incident, more frontera's illegally driving on land,
andysd1
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Postby AskDean on Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:49 pm

Drift wrote:If you have a question or problem ask me direct, if you couldn't pm post about it, DO NOT insinuate I have messed with your settings thank you :evil:

now your missing the point read what i put

i said all i had done was turn off my lappy for the night ask drift why it would not appear as i you pair are friends and talk and you might be able to explain if there is a tecky issue that some times means that the button doesnt appear.

otherwise i would of said the button is always there unless it has been turned off by some one. which i didnt but you still seem to be getting the wrong end of the stick

i asked greg the same question if you look incase there was something wrong or just a quirk in the site that means sometimes it does not appear esspecailly as he had just pmed me just before i turned off for the night
AskDean
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Postby Drift on Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:51 pm

I have taken the liberty and checked your settings and they are all correct and in order, I have checked the log and no one has accessed your settings, I can only assume your in box is full.

I/we do not discuss other peoples accounts with other members.
Ste
FOG Administrator

Drift
The Man-ual
The Man-ual

She is nicccccceeee ;-)

Postby AskDean on Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:56 pm

i was not on about my my account i was on about if there was an error or something in the code that some times means it does not show.
do you get what i was saying. as in sum tmes a pic will not load so you hit refresh and it does which can cometimes be cause by the server being busy or the page timing out.

it might just have been a random occurance. do you understand what i am saying now. and why you as a mod might know of little things like this that happen from time to time on the site and so be able to explain or simply say dont worry about it.
AskDean
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Postby gregster on Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:59 pm

Error with the Code eh...

Jay its your fault now, not Dwiftys! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Check out the index thread below where pics/reviews from all our past meets can be found!!!!
click here for the SE Events Index/links Thread...see all the reviews and whats coming up soon!

Looks like I'm in trouble with the Mrs's again...
She asked me what I'd most like to do to her body...
Apparently "Identify it" is not the correct answer!

MAKE IT or BREAK IT! TEAMXTREME4X4
gregster
Winnebago..or does it?
Winnebago..or does it?

Model: 2.4 5dr
Registration Year: 1997/P
Vehicle Name: FRONTY4x4SPARES
Modifications: Drive a 2.2dti olympus, 2.8 lwb and 2.0i sport.
Breaking...
2.4i and 2.3td
2.0i C20ne and x20se x 4
2.8tdi x2
2.2i A
2.2i B LWB x3
x22dth B dti lwb x3
y22dth B dti lwb x5
Call Fronty4x4spares on
01622 739908.
Same day dispatch,
next day delivery