// Frontera Technical Support • View topic - mini meet 7th august

mini meet 7th august

Forum rules
Disclaimer:
Please understand that the Frontera Owners Group or any organiser of events will not be held responsible for any loss, damage, accident or injury caused by attending an event. You are responsible for your passengers and for your own safety and should carry the necessary recovery and safety equipment. You agree to follow the rules of the Highway Code, Green Lane Code and club pay and play site rules whichever applies. For greenlane events; All events should adhere to the GLASS Code of Conduct, and please note that Rights Of Way often change and if a TRO (traffic regulation order) has been put in place by the local council you should not drive the lane. If you do not agree to the above you should refrain from taking part in the event.

mini meet 7th august

Postby AskDean on Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:01 am

hi guys

thinking of have a bit of fun snday afternoon if any one is interested near me in nottingham.

meet up around 1ish and then have a few hours playing off road. on some private land i have access.

if any one is interest then let me know just need to enter the site at one time so that i can lock the gates behind as the entrance is not left open for genral public.

terain is friendly to unmodified trucks and it is up to you how adventurous you get.

so lets start a list and see location is in gedling nottingham more details will be posted if this goes ahead
AskDean
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Model: 3.2 V6 5dr
Registration Year: 2001/51
Vehicle Name: The Big Black Beasty
Modifications: LWB Unlimited 3.2 V6, Cloth , +3 Lift spring, rough country nitro +2 shocks, cat back stainless steel exhaust, AT's, 135w led spots, twin pump fed air horns, Sony 1400w explod sub, Solar and LPG converted, fridge in the back, a leggy blonde in the passenger seat and little old me at the wheel.
Region: Midlands

Re: mini meet 7th august

Postby AskDean on Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:39 pm

got those interesting in knowing what kind of terrain here is a link to google maps to show location of play area

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=spring+lane&hl=en&sll=52.98591,-1.078645&sspn=0.027127,0.077162&t=h&z=15
AskDean
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Modifications: LWB Unlimited 3.2 V6, Cloth , +3 Lift spring, rough country nitro +2 shocks, cat back stainless steel exhaust, AT's, 135w led spots, twin pump fed air horns, Sony 1400w explod sub, Solar and LPG converted, fridge in the back, a leggy blonde in the passenger seat and little old me at the wheel.

Re: mini meet 13th august

Postby AskDean on Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:40 pm

well after no interest in lastweek end after doing my +2 suspension lift and engine rempa thanks to big dazz who came form scotland for the weekedn we went and had a little play.

Last edited by AskDean on Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:41 pm, edited 6 times in total.
AskDean
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Postby BoxCleva on Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:42 pm

Bit confused about vids 7 and 8
BoxCleva
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Location: North Wales, not to far from the Wayfarer- Between Wrexham and Oswestry
Vehicle Name: sack o sheet
Modifications: Beemer e46
Region: North West

Postby AskDean on Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:41 pm

phone uploaded them striaght to youtube had not realised they where not relevant just back up to the same spot for a night drive

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
AskDean
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Postby AskDean on Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:51 pm

well another great day off roading and and even a good night drive as well shame the cameras didnt work in the dark but i have some pics to add.

Thanks to Bigdazz the 251bph power map really helped me fly up the hills and the extra big springs i got of MGautos worked a treat flying up the massive hills and flying over the huge drop offs.

great weekend had by all and big dazz and keny are welcome down for a nother great weekend whenever they are this way.

locospit it was nice to see you again and it was a shame julie coundnt make it over hopefully she will be back on the road. hope your enjoying your self he he eh :dance: :dance:
AskDean
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Postby horses45 on Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:22 am

you need to pick a day im off now im back at work
BRING ON A BIGGER WALL !!!!![color=#4080FF]Cos I Am The Cosmic Fool

East Midland Area Rep

Frontera owners stickers here forums/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=47071"
horses45
FOG BBQ Chef
FOG BBQ Chef

Model: 2.2 DTI 5dr
Registration Year: 2003/03
Vehicle Name: The Truck
Modifications: None :-(

Postby AskDean on Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:07 am

hi rob

any time your off just give me a shout at the weekend and come over and well get your wheels wet as can play in the evenings and weekends as not to get in the way of other users of the site

so just let me know you know your welcome here
AskDean
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Postby AskDean on Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:42 pm

so we started friday with the +2 hd trooper springs suspension lift.

the fixed a broken pipe on dazz LPG filler line where it had snapped and some lunatic had put a bit of ruber tub over the plit and then wrapped it in a roll of balck electrickal tape then two rolls of plumbers white tape buy the look of it then used exspasion foam to hide the bodge. but all sorted pipe fixed and re routed correclty so now not leaking and then fillet a pajero wind defletor to bigdazzs truck that i custom fitted black n decker paint remoal gun to mould it to the frontera body with a gorgous sexy little flare in the middle. and while i did this bigdazz changed his ATF as well.

big thanks to bigdazz and kenny who came down from scotland for a sneaker spanner day prior to going for a puddle bashing.

then a auto fluid change and engine remap while the torsion bars where tightened.

then it was time to packed up the tools and off for some food and a film before a hearty fry up and then off for the highlight of the week end a good old bit of puddle bashing in the pit

the before pics

the during

the afters

then the clean up to get the swamp weed off the pipes and brakes and my son nigels valeting services at in and out in nottingham

then after some refeshments it was back for the night drive to test the light array

https://by1.storage.live.com/items/F906 ... k=0&ex=720

a great weekend had by all and the enginge remap for the power and the extra 120 foot punds of torque made a ruddy great difference ploughing up the hills
Last edited by john (smifffy) on Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed image link as way to big 640x480 max as per forum rules
AskDean
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Postby andysd1 on Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:04 pm

wont be long before you change your gearbox, as dazz has changed his twice since the remapping, :shock: :shock:
flying solo, weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
andysd1
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Model: 2.8 TDI Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1996/N
Vehicle Name: snake

Postby AskDean on Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:04 pm

well i don't suppose the extra tonne of metal work and tools has had anything to do it hey or the state of the thing when he bought it nad posibbly the kind of off roading they do up at drumclogg.

but we will just have to see wont we i love it and as 95 percent of my driving on the road it is not a problem.

i have had every car i have had in years done either chipped remaped or upgraded turbos, all on autos my v40 was pushing over 220bhp on standard gearbox over 90bhp more than standard and didnt miss a beat in 40,000miles that i put on it in the last two years i own the car.

simply a case of remembering that your oil changes come every 10000 miles not 15000 and you use dex 3 not the cheap stuff.
AskDean
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Postby andysd1 on Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:08 pm

there was nothing wrong with it when he bought it, it has had thousands spent on it, its the person driving it now, who is the problem,
andysd1
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Postby AskDean on Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:34 pm

well i thought all that sillyness had been sorted out by now but it appears not so i will leave you lot to what ever the problem is and just enjoy my frontera as i didnt come on here for the politics i came on here to speak like minded people who enjoy playing in there fronteras and to get a little support and offer it where i can.

i left all the he said she said in the school ground.
AskDean
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Postby andysd1 on Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:38 pm

so did i dean, but i know the guy who built that, and as far as i am concerned dazz has wrecked it,
andysd1
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Postby AskDean on Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:03 pm

nothing wrong with the truck now its just had to have a few things changed on them but then if you go off roading then this is to be expected considering nearly every ones of trucks on here are getting repaired after every big event like avalanche and bala it seems to be part of the going off road experience it seems. if you go off road there is a chance something is going to break. and i guess if take a 2.5 tonne truck and make it weigh 3.5 tonne then it is more likley if your go extreme off roading that your more likley for things to break.

having looked at the pics from when he got it home on the tow truck after collecting his fornty and as expanding foam was under the bumper then which is what i had to dig it out to repair the bodge on the LPG filler pipework it must of been there when he got to the truck i can only comment on what i have seen.

but like i said this is nothing to do with me so no point on it being mentioned any further as we are all entitled to our opinions, my one is i am on here to 4x4 not whinge and moan who said what about whom. and who's truck looks like a pile of junk or the fact that some things look pooh or not or that i stir me tea with my left hand.

just here to celebrate a job well done when someone trys something hard or fixes a tough job or to help where we can with advice or spare pair of hands. as i might be new to fronteras and off roading the way you guys do but having worked as a mechanic for 10 years doing mini stock and banger racing as a youngster prior to spending the last ten working on computers i know my way round a lump.
AskDean
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Postby Rifleman on Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:49 pm

Glad to see you had a great time. After all, thats what its all about.
Regards, Keith.

1 in every 100 people are Coeliacs.
One of them is me.

2.5 TDS San Diego LWB 1997 Private reg, in blue (Braveheart)
We take the high road together

www.raeburnimages.co.uk

ImageImage
Frontera lovers from Caledonia
Land of the Claymore

ImageImage
B R A V E H E A R T
Rifleman
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Model: 2.5 TDS San Diego 5dr
Registration Year: 1997/R
Vehicle Name: Braveheart
Modifications: Bluetooth radio / CD player
4 pod 12V adaptor
Roof rack
Spare wheel on the roof rack
4 Spots on the roof rack
Extra rear lights on the roof rack
CB antenna on the roof rack
New CB
Nudge bar with spots and fogs
Grey leather interior
Engine detailing
Internal orange LED flashing warning lights
LED day lights
Region: Scotland

Postby AskDean on Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:14 am

next time you should convoy down behind the big man and come for play
AskDean
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Postby Rifleman on Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:27 am

You never know Dean, you never know.
I want to meet up with our English and Welsh counterparts, really do.
Its the fekin money though mate. :lol:
Regards, Keith.

One of them is me.

www.raeburnimages.co.uk

ImageImage
Land of the Claymore

ImageImage
B R A V E H E A R T
Rifleman
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Vehicle Name: Braveheart
Modifications: Bluetooth radio / CD player
4 pod 12V adaptor
Roof rack
Spare wheel on the roof rack
4 Spots on the roof rack
Extra rear lights on the roof rack
CB antenna on the roof rack
New CB
Nudge bar with spots and fogs
Grey leather interior
Engine detailing
Internal orange LED flashing warning lights
LED day lights
Region: Scotland

Postby AskDean on Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:31 am

tell me about it i am just glad i have that little play area at the bottom of my hill not a mile away from my front door on foot and 3 by road as i have to go round the other side for the gates

will be coming north when the pennies allow myself for a go at drum clog as daz has offered to show me how to get propper dirty

he was rather surprised how well i did considering i am in road tires with 4-6mm of tread
AskDean
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Postby Rifleman on Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:37 am

His OLD tank did well on road tyres too mate. I'll be there if you do.
Regards, Keith.

One of them is me.

www.raeburnimages.co.uk

ImageImage
Land of the Claymore

ImageImage
B R A V E H E A R T
Rifleman
Lord frontera
Lord frontera