// Frontera Technical Support • View topic - ASTON CANTLOW October 15th

ASTON CANTLOW October 15th

Forum rules
Disclaimer:
Please understand that the Frontera Owners Group or any organiser of events will not be held responsible for any loss, damage, accident or injury caused by attending an event. You are responsible for your passengers and for your own safety and should carry the necessary recovery and safety equipment. You agree to follow the rules of the Highway Code, Green Lane Code and club pay and play site rules whichever applies. For greenlane events; All events should adhere to the GLASS Code of Conduct, and please note that Rights Of Way often change and if a TRO (traffic regulation order) has been put in place by the local council you should not drive the lane. If you do not agree to the above you should refrain from taking part in the event.

ASTON CANTLOW October 15th

Postby rob23976 on Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:46 pm

Hi there

I'm hopefully going to ASTON CANTLOW on Sunday (first timer) Anyone give me any tips :?:

PLUS

Is anyone going from down south, Berkshire way, and wanna meet up and go in convoy :?:
rob23976
Apprentice Frontera engineer

Postby Trugga on Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:32 pm

A group of us went not too long ago... some tips (I) posted prior to that "event" can be found here.

I might see you there.

Lawrence
Trugga
Da Prof!
Da Prof!

Model: 2.0i Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1994/L
Vehicle Name: Little Blue Bug
Modifications: # ARB Winch bumper
# Wireless operated Warn Winch
# Jackable rockslider sills
# Safety Devices roll cage
# Roof level tree bars
# Roof mounted waffle boards
# Underbody protection
# Smaller, higher fuel tank
# Buttock tuck with protectors
# Cobra Aqua4x4 competition seats
# 3-point harnesses
# Terratrip
# GTE digital dash
# Bonnet pins
# AVM manual front hubs
# FIA battery master switch
# Ally Chequerplate footwells
# De-Cat, straight thro' zorst
# 2" Lift, +2" Rough Country shocks
Region: Midlands

Postby dazliss on Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:05 pm

Well my mate with the SJ has let me down, to be fair its still in bits on his drive..lol. and my speeding fine hasn't exactly made me popular with she who must be obeyed but I am still hopeful of being there.

Best Advice I can give you rob is enjoy yourself and if you get stuck someone will be along to tow you out before long.. Even old timers get stuck there is no shame in it but it is a laugh so just enjoy.

More practically though make sure you have a good tow rope, one up to the job. Mine is rated at 7 tonne beaking strain. Make sure you know where your towing eyes are. Dont go bo****ing over the top of a rise when you dont know whats on the other side. And lastly think about what you are capable of. Your fronty will suprise you by what It can do but be sensible. All road going 4x4's are compramised by the need for on road comfort so although you may see some of the guys with 3" lifts going everywhere yours would bottom out long before theirs.

Hope I am not sounding too patronising I don't mean to. It's only a month since my first off road day and I loved every minute and am sure you will too
dazliss

Postby rob23976 on Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:36 pm

Well, there you go, I new something would happen it always dose.

Sorry guys, wount be coming tomorrow :( my 'lovlly Fronty' has just decided to dump all her power streering fluid all-over the drive. :evil:

Maybe next time
rob23976

Postby sollihull on Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:52 pm

Rob,
Did you sort the Problem out??
sollihull
Retired

Postby rob23976 on Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:28 pm

Yeah, the pipe had split and the seals had gone. So yeah all up and running again. Hopefully be able to go to the next one in November :roll:

Thanks
rob23976

Postby sollihull on Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:17 pm

rob23976 wrote:Yeah, the pipe had split and the seals had gone. So yeah all up and running again. Hopefully be able to go to the next one in November :roll:

Thanks

Excellent, Glad it's sorted mate
sollihull
Retired

Return to Midlands events