// Frontera Technical Support • View topic - 4wd

4wd

banter general discussions etc

4wd

Postby Craigy786 on Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:03 am

Hi guys and girls, I have a 2000 plate 2.2 petrol frontera. I have had it parked up for a year as I bought a shogun sport but have sold shogun and gone back to the trusty old fronty put some black modulars on it with mud terrain insa turbo tyres I sorted brakes out put in for mot and pass brilliant got home loaded the dogs in the boot and off we went for a little adventure in the good old fronty got to a nice muddy green lane let the dogs out hit 4wd button and can hear all the clicks and clunks trying to engage 4wd but the light on dash just flashes and it stays in 2wd can anybody help me please? Is it a easy fix or am I doomed and my trusty fronty has let me down?? Sorry I was a trater and went to the shogun but I am back and love my little fronty not had a 4wd that I like driving as much or that performs as well off road as the frontys when 4wd works haha!! Thank you for your help and when I get it fixed is anyone from Lincolnshire that would enjoy a day’s green laning? Cheers Craig
Riby, north east lincolnshire
Craigy786
4WD
4WD

Model: 2.2i 16v RS Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 2000/X
Vehicle Name: chunky
Modifications: only wide wheels at the minute
Region: Midlands

Re: 4wd

Postby FronteraBob on Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:57 pm

Check all the vacuum tubes for leaks :thumbup:
When words become violence, what could be better than silence.....
FronteraBob
Fronty Engineer
Fronty Engineer

Model: 3.2 V6 5dr
Registration Year: 1999/T
Vehicle Name: Red Devil !
Modifications: Zero....
Region: North West

Return to General discussion