My Frontera is booked in for the dreaded M.O.T.

banter general discussions etc

That is my Frontera booked in for the dreaded M.O.T exam on Tuesday 25th of Feb at 2.00pm at Banbeath Auto Centre,Leven. 8)
R.I.P Sable!(2005 to 2013)
User avatar
dave1966
Lord frontera
Lord frontera
 
Posts: 2380
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:03 pm
Location: FIFE.
Region: Scotland

Thankyou,bud. :thumbup:
R.I.P Sable!(2005 to 2013)
User avatar
dave1966
Lord frontera
Lord frontera
 
Posts: 2380
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:03 pm
Location: FIFE.
Region: Scotland

Good luck Dave , is it running nice again now???????? :thumbup:
Comments on Betsy here please!!! viewtopic.php?f=115&t=56282

Bobster!!!!

Frontera's do it better in MUD!!!
Image
West Midlands Area Rep

Its here, the FOG Annual Meet 2014 viewforum.php?f=123
User avatar
4x4 bobby
Satanic Mechanic
Satanic Mechanic
 
Posts: 6449
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:44 am
Location: Newcastle-Under-Lyme, Staffordshire.
Model: 2.2 DTI 5dr
Registration Year: 2000/W
Vehicle Name: Betsy
Modifications: Light bar. CB attena on rear door. Wider wheels from an "A" series.
Region: Midlands

Good luck!!! Mines getting close now too... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
DAVIDNI
Fronty Engineer
Fronty Engineer
 
Posts: 142
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:50 pm
Location: North down, N. Ireland
Model: 2.0i Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1998/R
Vehicle Name: hasn't earned a nickname yet
Modifications: completely standard
Region: Northern Ireland

so did it pass then davey boy or not if not what else need doing
User avatar
AskDean
Lord frontera
Lord frontera
 
Posts: 2068
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:31 pm
Location: nottingham
Model: 3.2 V6 5dr
Registration Year: 2001/51
Vehicle Name: The Big Black Beasty
Modifications: LWB Unlimited 3.2 V6, Cloth , +3 Lift spring, rough country nitro +2 shocks, cat back stainless steel exhaust, AT's, 135w led spots, twin pump fed air horns, Sony 1400w explod sub, Solar and LPG converted, fridge in the back, a leggy blonde in the passenger seat and little old me at the wheel.
Region: Midlands
Skype Username: askdean

Booked for the 25th he said matey.
2.5 TDS SanDiego
User avatar
Marty
Apprentice Frontera engineer
Apprentice Frontera engineer
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:58 pm
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Model: 2.5 TDS San Diego 5dr
Registration Year: 1997/R
Region: Scotland

Thankyou all for the good wishes.


Bobster,it was abit spluttery the other day when I took it for a small drive up the street,on tick over it is fine maybe it was because I tried to put the foot down abit but I think it should clear itself of any air in the system,on a drive from my house to the mot garage,as that is about 1 and a half miles away from my house but I have got a friend who is going to follow behind me on the way to the mot garage just incase.
R.I.P Sable!(2005 to 2013)
User avatar
dave1966
Lord frontera
Lord frontera
 
Posts: 2380
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:03 pm
Location: FIFE.
Region: Scotland

Good luck on the 25th there Dave
This posting may have been helpfull, on the other hand probably not... Either way, I may have had drink when posting it in which case it's probably not as helpfull as it could have been

Work safe, and remember all technical problems can be resolved with a hammer, the trick is knowing where to hit it and how big a hammer to use (I often find it may also help to have a spare bit in the shed to replace the bit you have just mullered ;) )

Work in Progress (or not as the case may be) I give you.... 'O-no' the truck.

Comments on 'O-no' the truck may be left here

Work in Progress (or not as the case may be) I give you.... 'Truck'

Comments on 'Truck' the truck may be left here

Owning a 2.8 is a hobby in it's self...
User avatar
snapper
Lord frontera
Lord frontera
 
Posts: 2189
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:32 am
Location: Oxfordshire, Brize Norton.
Model: 2.8 TDI 5dr
Registration Year: 1995/N
Vehicle Name: Truck and O-no
Modifications: -
2.8 TD LWB - Truck:
Side Steps Removed
EGR, Birds Nest & Both Butterfly Valves Removed
Particulate Filter removed and pipe welded in
Safari Snorkel fitted
Trooper Flywheel & Clutch fitted
Trooper LSD Rear Axle fitted
Winch Bumper & Winch fitted
3.1 Engine Fitted
2" Suspension Lift

2.8 TD LWB - O-no:
Standard, for now.

2.5 Volvo 850 Saloon:
Standard

Volvo XC70 D5 SE Lux (185bhp)
Standard
Region: South East

Cheers snapper.
R.I.P Sable!(2005 to 2013)
User avatar
dave1966
Lord frontera
Lord frontera
 
Posts: 2380
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:03 pm
Location: FIFE.
Region: Scotland

UPDATE:-

My Frontera was in for its mot today and it failed on the following.

FAILED ITEMS:-
1. Nearside front brake binding.

2. Nearside rear front parking brake recording little or no effort.

3. Nearside rear (service) front brake recording little or no effort.

4. Offside rear (service) front brake recording little or no effort.

5. Nearside front lower ball joint has excessive play. (***Dangerous***)

ADVISORY ITEMS:-
6. Nearside front shock absorber has slight corrosion to the casing.

7. Offside front shock absorber has slight corrosion to the casing.

8. Offside front lower suspension arm corroded but not seriously weakened.

9. Both rear brake discs corroded.

10. Offside rear tyre tread low.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have bought the lower ball joints from ebay.
R.I.P Sable!(2005 to 2013)
User avatar
dave1966
Lord frontera
Lord frontera
 
Posts: 2380
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:03 pm
Location: FIFE.
Region: Scotland

Get them all done Dave and get it back in mate! :thumbup:
Comments on Betsy here please!!! viewtopic.php?f=115&t=56282

Bobster!!!!

Frontera's do it better in MUD!!!
Image
West Midlands Area Rep

Its here, the FOG Annual Meet 2014 viewforum.php?f=123
User avatar
4x4 bobby
Satanic Mechanic
Satanic Mechanic
 
Posts: 6449
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:44 am
Location: Newcastle-Under-Lyme, Staffordshire.
Model: 2.2 DTI 5dr
Registration Year: 2000/W
Vehicle Name: Betsy
Modifications: Light bar. CB attena on rear door. Wider wheels from an "A" series.
Region: Midlands

What's a rear front brake?? :shock:

That's not bad though, adjust handbrake, do balljoint, give the brake systen a going over and you're done.
Jim...

South East Picnic site information

| Jessica - 2002 Isuzu Trooper Insignia LWB | 3.1 ltr hybrid conversion |
User avatar
Wilberforce
The stick insect
The stick insect
 
Posts: 4124
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:23 pm
Location: Comfy couch, Lancashire
Registration Year: 2002/51
Vehicle Name: Jessica
Region: North West
Skype Username: jim.greenaway

I hope thats not the relatives garage Dave, or i fear the worst :axe:
Image
User avatar
jimmybhoy
GURU
GURU
 
Posts: 610
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 12:02 am
Location: Renfrewshire
Model: 3.2 V6 5dr
Registration Year: 2004/04
Modifications: Tints, BRC LPG. Stainless Exhaust, Yoko Geolandar AT`s. Fully polybushed
Region: Scotland

e3jcr,no that was not my relatives garage and he will never get his hands on my fronty again. :lol: A very good friend of mine that I used to work with,is going to do it all for me.

Willberforce,I have not got a clue,as to what they mean by a rear front brake. The only thing I can think of is that they mean rear and front. :lol:
I have got a pair of new front brake discs and I think I will just have them done too and I am think of just replacing both rear brake discs & pads and the front shock's.

Bobster,once I have all the parts and if they are here by next week,it will be getting done then and back in as soon as everything is done.
R.I.P Sable!(2005 to 2013)
User avatar
dave1966
Lord frontera
Lord frontera
 
Posts: 2380
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:03 pm
Location: FIFE.
Region: Scotland

that's not that bad ive seen a lot longer fail list.

a mate of mine forgot his mot was due, so booked it into a garage that had a slot and it apparently failed on loads of different items, his quote was in the region of £1000 for parts and labour and re-mot.

when the chap I use returned from his holiday we took the vehicle up to him, and he said he wanted to speak to this garage to explain why they failed so many items, they hung up on him, wonder why? :?

and so just £270 later all the genuine fail items were sorted and a shiny new mot issued.

anyway, getting back onto subject, I know how you feel come mot time, its like sitting in the docs waiting room, :lol:

you will soon be back on the road, :D we have both the fronteras due mot in may within one day of each other, hows that for luck? :roll:
steve 1967
my other cars a frontera
my other cars a frontera
 
Posts: 253
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:20 am
Location: snodland kent
Model: 2.2 DTI 5dr
Registration Year: 2001/Y
Vehicle Name: JOSHUA
Modifications: 2.5in lift, steel modular wheels, special track tyres, under body protection, tree sliders, winch, snorkel, cb etc
Region: South East

steve1967,I am glad that I just have the newer one and not have the 2.4 one too. :lol: I always dread the mot time,I always think my motor will fail its mot rather than it passing,as if it passes that is a bonus.
R.I.P Sable!(2005 to 2013)
User avatar
dave1966
Lord frontera
Lord frontera
 
Posts: 2380
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:03 pm
Location: FIFE.
Region: Scotland


Return to General discussion

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 46 guests