Mk4 Astra idicators

banter general discussions etc

Mk4 Astra idicators by micktheshed on Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:42 pm
I know this is not the right forum but from past experiance I have faith someone will be able to offer advice. Please help if you can as this is driving me spare!!!
Recently the rh indicators have started failing intermittently, lh is perfectly OK.
It's not dud bulbs but symptoms are similar. None of the rh indicators work (even when central locking or crash-flash are operated), but dash light glows very faintly & relay is clicking very fast. Occasionally they do work for a short time after I've fiddled with one or other of the lights but this may be coincidence & I can't get it to work every time. The relay external contacts appear clean.
It's a new one on me & apart from changing the relay I'm at a loss......so anyone got any bright ideas?
User avatar
micktheshed
Apprentice Frontera engineer
Apprentice Frontera engineer
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:20 pm
Location: warwickshire
Model: 2.0i Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1997/R
Region: Midlands

Re: Mk4 Astra idicators by bhcalcutta on Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:12 pm
I personally would check all the earth connections on this circuit.

Also, if a 7 pin trailer socket is fitted, check the wiring in that
User avatar
bhcalcutta
How Many Posts
How Many Posts
 
Posts: 453
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:57 pm
Location: Not far from Bolton, Lancashire
Model: 2.8 TDI 5dr
Registration Year: 1996/N
Vehicle Name: charlieOSCARvictor
Modifications: 31" muds on yota surf alloys with custom paint
Intek CB
Kenwood head unit
wound up torsion bars
monroe adventure front shocks
avm manual lockers
+3" Defender 90 300lb rear coils
+2" Procomp ES9000 rear shocks
Prototype silicone turbo hoses
Modified TLC80 Snorkel
Trooper clutch
flappy paddle delete
egr delete
Region: North West

Re: Mk4 Astra idicators by micktheshed on Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:43 pm
After another wasted day I bought a 2nd hand relay in desperation........unbelievably, & against everyone’s advice & my own judgment (though much appreciated anyway) in turned out to be the relay. Halleluiah!
User avatar
micktheshed
Apprentice Frontera engineer
Apprentice Frontera engineer
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:20 pm
Location: warwickshire
Model: 2.0i Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1997/R
Region: Midlands


Return to General discussion

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 26 guests