// Frontera Technical Support • View topic - Budget

Budget

banter general discussions etc

Budget

Postby furio on Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:50 pm

So Alastair darling has "declared war" on so called gas guzzlers with a shake up of the Road tax bands for 2009/2010. For cars producing over 255g co2/km an increase to £425! :( From what I can gather at the moment I don't know whether this planned increase will affect older cars or will only apply to new registrations. Then a 2p/l rise in fuel duty for october, yet again Britain's motorists have been hit where it hurts.
Someone mention laning? Just tell me when and where!
furio
GURU
GURU

Model: 2.0i Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1998/R
Modifications: Marix Puma MT's
CB
Manual Cooling Fan Switch
Snorkel
Old Man Emu Suspension lift
Roof lights
Raised Axle Breathers
Region: North Wales

Re: Budget

Postby alex on Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:01 pm

He cant mess with older cars, hence the pre 2001 band stays the same for all cars. Unfortunately in ten years or so were gonna be fighting over scraps of cars to avoid the bracket as it wont fall with the age of the car. Imagine paying £500 odd road tax on a £200 bomb ????
Fronty no.4, pimp mobile Treg 3.2 LWB lifted 2.5"

Fronty no.5 2.8 swb hd coils +2" 31"machos.
alex
The Battering Ram

Model: 3.2 V6 5dr
Registration Year: 1999/T
Modifications: 3.2v6 LWB lifted on 31"at's "The Pimp mobile"

2.8 LWB
5" supension lift,
Body lift,
Manual hubs,
33" mudders,
Fixed Flywheel,
B&Q snorkle,
Flipped ball joints,
Procomp steering shocker,
Modified front bump stops,
Exhaust recirc removed,
EGR removed,
Cat removed,
Front diff lowered,
Dislocation cones,
Spring retainers,
Buckets 4 point harness,
The biggest cb twig you can get.
"The Beast"
Region: Midlands

Postby brachunky on Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:59 pm

Surely if we really wait,we can avoid the tax increases when our fronties become tax exempt :D
Martin
brachunky
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Modifications: 1997 Jeep Cherokee 2.5 td VM
3 inch suspension lift
31 10.5 Muds
Safari Snorkel

Postby john (smifffy) on Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:05 pm

brachunky wrote:Surely if we really wait,we can avoid the tax increases when our fronties become tax exempt :D

they stopped the 25 year rule a few years back by saying it was only for vehicles that were 25 years or older on that day
cheers

john (smifffy)
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Model: 2.2i 5dr
Registration Year: 1996/N
Modifications: 1996 2.2 16v diamond pack

2014 new astra 2.2 SRI cdti SS sports tourer
Region: East Anglia

Postby markta on Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:06 pm

there all the same parasites,rob the poor man to feed the rich man (price of fuel etc)& well we are at it,where the hell as gordon brown nose been since he took over,remember when that so called prime minister lionel blair :lol: (i mean tony blair) was in power,gordon brown nose was like a jack in the box,wasnt a day go bye without hes ugly head (lets face it,its one rare head,i would like to use it, if hes got time to catch some rats :lol: ) appearing on the tele,but since brown the clown has took over from blair the muppet,you dont see him,did he just play his say to get power,cause he did,he dont give a damn about the working man,they just line there own pockets & look after them selves,nothing but a bunch of bum boys,lets face it they all get caught upto the nuts in some rentboy in the end.........god i hate politics the idiots make my blood boil,you'd be better off letting the local p-ssheads run the country & i think id rather raise me glass to an idiot than raise it to a fool who thinks hes clever :D god i really do hate politics
p.s i hope i aint upset noone with me ranting,but this countries gone all to pot :!: :!:
gordon brown & your little pals,make me :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:
my frontera 2.3 td is a slug in snails clothing ha
markta
my other cars a frontera
my other cars a frontera

Postby brachunky on Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:11 pm

john (smifffy) wrote:
brachunky wrote:Surely if we really wait,we can avoid the tax increases when our fronties become tax exempt :D

they stopped the 25 year rule a few years back by saying it was only for vehicles that were 25 years or older on that day

nuts :x :wink: :D
Martin
brachunky
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Modifications: 1997 Jeep Cherokee 2.5 td VM
3 inch suspension lift
31 10.5 Muds
Safari Snorkel

Postby fourshoes10 on Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:28 pm

markta spot on mate,cant agree more.But the trouble is in this country we are good at moaning about this unelected PM but we dont do anything about it,think i need a :drink:
there goes an extra 4p.
fourshoes10
my other cars a frontera
my other cars a frontera

Model: 2.4 5dr
Registration Year: 1995/M
Modifications: 1 set of seat covers,full tank of fuel
Region: South West

Postby markta on Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:58 pm

thats spot on fourshoes,we all moan & whince here but look at little old france they take no s--t,look at the last fuel protest good old goverment told us they would confisacate our vehicles if we protested,are we in britain or russia???? say what you like about the french but they have more balls than we do,fact..
so if anyone wants to help set up a real fuel protest on a big scale not a couple of tractors let me know,we can not carry on like this,haulage firms,van & car drivers etc will not be able to operate the way things are going,well lets be honest the country cant stand it i.e wages do not go up as fuel etc does or we would all be smiling.also as you all know fuel has a knock on effect to every product we buy,higher fuel costs,food etc all goes up with it.so come on guys lets not be shy lets put our thoughts into action............
markta
my other cars a frontera
my other cars a frontera

Postby john boy on Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:04 pm

Thet cann't work out a way quick enough to get a exta penny off you :x but the way i read it the tax will only apply to new reg vehicles but who knows with this lot they make it as they go a log :? if it carrys on i'll have to break out the bike :lol: only prob is cycling shorts and beer belly :oops: what a look i don't think so :lol:
It might be slow but i can go anywhere!
john boy
Ned Flanders
Ned Flanders

Modifications: cb radio "no longer deaf"
12,000lb winch
khumo kl71's
waffle boards
bump stops modified
ball joints flipped
2"+ springs and weaves spacers 3"
bars adjusted to suit

Postby pidge on Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:07 pm

it takes thr p--s!! they souldn't put the tax up on our motors it should be on new models! fingers crossed :cry:
COOKIE POSTS.....KEEP COOKIES AWAY FROM THE FOLLOWING!!!
rich2.4i and meooo!!
pidge
How Many Posts
How Many Posts

Registration Year: 1994/M
Modifications: bull bars, side steps, rear tints, dvd player with 4" tft screen,
carbon dash kit, bucket seats, monsa racing wheel,
dash neons, 10" sub box, 4 x fusion 6.5" speakers, lexus rear lights,
cb, and a front facing camera, cat 1 alarm with remote start!
Region: North East

Postby Drift on Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:11 pm

Its a tax on new models bought after 2010, the first years road tax will be £950 I think, but thats only new cars that dont meet the gas restrictions.
As I read it, it wont affect older cars pre 2001.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_depth/629/629/7293011.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7292110.stm
Ste
FOG Administrator

Frontera Technical Support
Often Imitated Never Bettered

http://www.fronteraowners.co.uk
Its here, the FOG Annual Meet 2014 viewforum.php?f=123
Drift
The Man-ual
The Man-ual

Model: 2.8 TDI 5dr
Registration Year: 1995/N
Vehicle Name: Daddy's Car or Triggers Broom
Modifications: 2.8 TDI LWB
Tinkered to it's practical limits but understated, though shockingly cool (do you know her?).
She is nicccccceeee ;-)
Region: North West

Postby markta on Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:17 pm

i know that drift,but we gotta have something to moan at :lol: (we're brits dont forget) & gordon brown nose looks like a :butt: :butt: :butt: :butt: :butt: :butt: :butt: :butt: & acts like one too,what can i say god save the queen :lol: :lol:
markta
my other cars a frontera
my other cars a frontera

Postby Drift on Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:30 pm

Moan abot 55p going onto my bottle of scotch :evil: and Im still not buying the cheap stuff to compensate :butt:
Ste
FOG Administrator

Frontera Technical Support
Often Imitated Never Bettered

http://www.fronteraowners.co.uk
Its here, the FOG Annual Meet 2014 viewforum.php?f=123
Drift
The Man-ual
The Man-ual

Model: 2.8 TDI 5dr
Registration Year: 1995/N
Vehicle Name: Daddy's Car or Triggers Broom
Modifications: 2.8 TDI LWB
Tinkered to it's practical limits but understated, though shockingly cool (do you know her?).
She is nicccccceeee ;-)
Region: North West

Postby markta on Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:55 pm

drift your just mad lol,mind i'd save some money if i drunk a bottle of scotch on the weekend (coz i'd be that ill i wouldnt be able to spend any money till the following weekend :D ) but i'd lose more from not being able to work lol...........whiskey is one nasty drink...
but lets remember its not just the drink,its the fuel,food,clothing etc everthing you can name goes up with a budget,because of the knock on effect (not sure about call girls :D ) & lets look at wages,wages have not really increased enough with inflation for years,when i was on the books in 1994 i was earning as much money or more than employers are offering now,unless your a rocket scienctist your never get rich in britain not these days anyway,in one hand out the other,thats the way the ( i know shouldnt say it) :butt: holes like it................
markta
my other cars a frontera
my other cars a frontera

Postby muddypluka on Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:17 am

i have to put my penaths worth in here
correct me if im wrong if somebody can afford 30k plus for a new 4x4 then i am in total agreement that they should have to pay a premium
and really the same goes for smaller cars if people can afford to buy new then they should be made to pay a premium for that yes ok so most of you are gonna say well to buy it they must of earned it yep i agree but for once the tax is going to affect those with money and im all for that ( :| because i have none :| ) i am sor tof in agreement with higher road tax for the 4x4 although we own a 3.2 petrol monterey as our family car that does 17.5 miles to the gallon

although i perhaps the government should sit back and think if they abolished road tax altogether and made it fairer for all road users they could make more money without hurting the average motorist

if i were in parliment my proposal would be scrap road tax but increase petrol prices to at least £1.50 a litre and leave it there for the next 4 years that way people would be discoraged from taking the chelsea tractor 1/2 a mile up the road to drop the kids off at school this would also solve a problem of untaxed vehicles on our roads because every vehicle uses juice no mater who owns it !!!!!!!!!!!

i do have some strange views about the use of cars and 4x4s but i am not and never will be an anti gas guzzler these are my personal opinions
yes i do drop my daughter off at school 1 mile away from home in our 4x4 but that is only because she is disabled and as a parent i feel her saftey is worth the 1.50 it costs me to start and run my truck for 10 minutes

i truy think this country is heading for another ressesion and i can wait 80% of the people who think they have money are disalousioned just because they can flash the credit card to pay for things dosent mean they are any better off than me or anybody else i am a firm believer in living within my means if i cant afford it i aint gonna have it i dont have a mortgage or a credit card i dont have any bank loans or overdraughts yes we struggle but we are happy in the knowledge we owe nothing to anybody and we own what we have !!!!

chris newton
aka muddypluka
muddypluka
How Many Posts
How Many Posts

Modifications: first fronty dead and burried ( i broke it )

second fronty
machos 31/10.5/15
snorkle
lights done
things to be done asap
bobtailed face lifted doubled bash plates
suspension lift
possible dislocation cones on rear not decided yet
internal fuel tank roll cage
recovery points
harnesses

Postby madchef on Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:15 am

No matter what the Government gave us or took away from us we will all loose out.Budget has left me out of pocket, always does.All sections of transport,food and drink production,farming and processing will be affected.
Don't do politics ,just see what's going on.Drinks up as are food prices and this smoking ban are killing your small local pubs,people stay away and they close.Small communities fade away as nobody has a place to meet,jobs go else where as do the people.It's been going on for years.The cities get bigger and busier and the dead places become "Holiday" zones.(If I worked in a City my wage would be more than double,but is the stress & cost worth it).
If we had no farming the countryside would just become overgrown scrub,not green fields,no land drainage leading to more flooding,it just keeps going on and on. :evil: :evil:
Cost of living is sky high and unless something is done it will just go on.But the question is WHAT.
They have it all stitched up to protect themselves!!! :x :x
Andi
Rising out of Bedlam and into my own mad world! #@~#

SWB called Arfur Grunt
madchef
my other jobs the GWR Liaison Officer

Model: 2.5 TDS Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1997/R
Vehicle Name: Arfur Grunt
Region: Scotland

Postby Paul A on Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:04 am

I was just wondering.......
How does the road tax hike affect all the eastern european registered vehicles I see in West London every day? ... Literally hundreds of them! :?
Paul A
How Many Posts
How Many Posts

Postby alex on Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:12 pm

RE foreign wagon drivers on our roads.

Dont get me started......

but no they dont pay anything to the UK.
Fronty no.4, pimp mobile Treg 3.2 LWB lifted 2.5"

Fronty no.5 2.8 swb hd coils +2" 31"machos.
alex
The Battering Ram

Model: 3.2 V6 5dr
Registration Year: 1999/T
Modifications: 3.2v6 LWB lifted on 31"at's "The Pimp mobile"

2.8 LWB
5" supension lift,
Body lift,
Manual hubs,
33" mudders,
Fixed Flywheel,
B&Q snorkle,
Flipped ball joints,
Procomp steering shocker,
Modified front bump stops,
Exhaust recirc removed,
EGR removed,
Cat removed,
Front diff lowered,
Dislocation cones,
Spring retainers,
Buckets 4 point harness,
The biggest cb twig you can get.
"The Beast"

Postby fourshoes10 on Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:49 pm

Scrap road tax hold on,you do that how do you check a motor is MOT and insured then,we got got enough scroats driving round uninsured.1.50 a litre for petrol only be a 100.00 quid to fill our frontys then. you put up fuel evey thing goes watch inflation rise.Just heard diesel in the next village is 119p per litre now.Any how are frontys are only 2 wd so brown and darling can shove the road tax up their :butt: if they roll it out across all motors.Protest idea lets all drive to parliment on a weekday park out side lean on the horn for an hour,teach that load of free loading expense fiddling money grabbing barstewards we have had enough
fourshoes10
my other cars a frontera
my other cars a frontera

Model: 2.4 5dr
Modifications: 1 set of seat covers,full tank of fuel
Region: South West

Postby Silver Ghost on Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:00 pm

i live in the smoke, and to quote the Chelsea tractor, gass guzzler which probably costs about £60.000 to take the kids to school and park in tescos car park. well if you can afford that, and the petrol that it takes to run that per year, the amounty of road tax, is a small amount.

The rest of the budget, is no different to what we have been taxed on over the last 30 years, cigs up around 11p, beer up 2p or so, and petrol up 2p as well, which has been put off for 6 months.

At the end of the day, we are not to bad off in this country, and paying a few extra pence, for our excellent health service, doctors, police, fire brigade, schools, the welfare state, should it be needed. the list could go on.

so compared to alot of other countries. In th UK, we are not to badly off.

sean
Silver Ghost
frontera God
frontera God

Model: 2.2i 5dr
Registration Year: 1999/S
Region: South East

Next

Return to General discussion