I have decided upon a Toyota Land Cruiser 3.0ltr D4D J120, its big, much bigger than the fronty. I will miss my Frontera though which is up for sale, she has been a great car for the past 12 years.
Not really had any probs with her except the fault code 342 which comes on every time the engine is started. Had the camshaft position sensor changed in 2008 but that made no difference, it resets with my built in diag tool, it's more an annoyance than a problem.
Once it has been reset it doesn't come one whilst driving, I wonder if anyone else has had a similar problem and whether they managed to resolve it. The code relates to camshaft position sensor low input.
The Fronty was based on an Isuzu rodeo so its only the engine that was VX really and thats the only thing that seems to have a problem, which doesn't say much for VX, the rest of the car is good which is a compliment to Isuzu I guess.