I dont think not having the cat is illegal. You can get a cat bypass kit. Although most people, will refit the cat come mot time.
My v6 is on Gas, & as the mot should be tested as presented, then if its running on gas it should be tested on gas. I know, i wouldnt have any emmisions
issues, therefore if my cat goes i wont be in a hurry to shell out for new ones. i would probably just put on a straight pipe & do away with it.
I had a Porsche turbo before my black V6, i spent a few quid getting it tuned to the moon. I completely removed the cat. It was always run on Super unleaded. Come mot week i would add injection cleaner, then an octane booster the night before, & take it for a thrash 20mins before. when i turned up @ station ,the car was roasting hot. Never ever was picked up for any emmisions or lack of cats. There are a few tricks out there. You pays your money & take your chances
