LPG or Diesel?

banter general discussions etc

Re: LPG or Diesel? by storesafe on Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:15 pm
Hi,

it was a local fuel station owner who advised me not to bother with LPG. He tells me he makes more money on gas but has had too many customers who run LPG having too many problems and apparently the local NHS has stopped having company cars with LPG.
The garage where I went who fit LPG systems for advice, comes highly recommended. One bloke has an LPG converted Transit van with over 500,000 miles and its not been a moments problem.

Now the problem is I only do 3000 miles a year in the truck and to be fair it would take a few years to get the financial benefit, but on the other hand would I do more if it was on gas?

The dilemma goes on :?: :?:
http://s1122.photobucket.com/albums/l53 ... e149-2.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Swillin' ale
User avatar
storesafe
Fronty Engineer
Fronty Engineer
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:37 am
Location: Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
Model: 3.2 V6 5dr
Registration Year: 2002/52
Vehicle Name: Gobbler
Modifications: New gauges fitted where crappy multi display was.
2" Suspension lift
Poly bushes all round
New Rough country shocks to front
Trooper springs on rear
Full Ice change
Olympus half leather interior
Region: North West

Re: LPG or Diesel? by AskDean on Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:48 pm
If you limit your driving because a tank of fuel make you think twice then let me put it this way I put 20 petrol in every 2 months and 40 on a Friday and then either 40 on Monday or Wednesday depending how busy a weekend I've had and I get 250 round town in v6 with stainless steel exhaust that sings and I do. 500 600 miles a week on average Friday to Friday and I don't worry about it. As I know 40 will do me a week if it needs to and I drive like a vicar I can get 350 out of a full tank. So no of roading lol.

Trust me you'll use it more when you realise your only filing it up every so often and is half the normal cost at the pump always makes me smile to see the litres going faster that the price lol
User avatar
AskDean
Lord frontera
Lord frontera
 
Posts: 2068
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:31 pm
Location: nottingham
Model: 3.2 V6 5dr
Registration Year: 2001/51
Vehicle Name: The Big Black Beasty
Modifications: LWB Unlimited 3.2 V6, Cloth , +3 Lift spring, rough country nitro +2 shocks, cat back stainless steel exhaust, AT's, 135w led spots, twin pump fed air horns, Sony 1400w explod sub, Solar and LPG converted, fridge in the back, a leggy blonde in the passenger seat and little old me at the wheel.
Region: Midlands
Skype Username: askdean

Re: LPG or Diesel? by storesafe on Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:20 pm
Oh now I get it add a stainless exhaust.
Blimey it sounds meaty with standard exhaust, add a stainless and I'd return to hooning around and giggling like a child just for the noise! WHAT mpg who cares listen to the noise :twisted:
Serious I think the same as you Dean, if I get the LPG I will use it more.
http://s1122.photobucket.com/albums/l53 ... e149-2.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Swillin' ale
User avatar
storesafe
Fronty Engineer
Fronty Engineer
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:37 am
Location: Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
Model: 3.2 V6 5dr
Registration Year: 2002/52
Vehicle Name: Gobbler
Modifications: New gauges fitted where crappy multi display was.
2" Suspension lift
Poly bushes all round
New Rough country shocks to front
Trooper springs on rear
Full Ice change
Olympus half leather interior
Region: North West

Previous

Return to General discussion

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 28 guests