frontera wave

banter general discussions etc

frontera wave by DarrenH_2.2 on Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:55 pm
is this a thing? i used to do it in my "ninety" land rover to other landy drivers with varying success but it was fairly universal

the trouble there you got allot of people who just bought a defender for the badge prestige and hand no idea of the scene behind it, possibly frontera are a bigger majority of enthusiast owned ?
User avatar
DarrenH_2.2
my other cars a frontera
my other cars a frontera
 
Posts: 298
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:58 pm
Location: man of kent
Model: 2.2i 5dr
Registration Year: 1999/T
Region: South East

Re: frontera wave by 4x4 bobby on Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:44 am
I allways wave but sometimes the other driver dosen't respond! Or they look and wonder who the hell was that!!!!!! :D
Comments on Betsy here please!!! viewtopic.php?f=115&t=56282

Bobster!!!!

Frontera's do it better in MUD!!!
Image
West Midlands Area Rep

Its here, the FOG Annual Meet 2014 viewforum.php?f=123
User avatar
4x4 bobby
Satanic Mechanic
Satanic Mechanic
 
Posts: 6449
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:44 am
Location: Newcastle-Under-Lyme, Staffordshire.
Model: 2.2 DTI 5dr
Registration Year: 2000/W
Vehicle Name: Betsy
Modifications: Light bar. CB attena on rear door. Wider wheels from an "A" series.
Region: Midlands

Re: frontera wave by horses45 on Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:37 am
I do that every time I see ya bro :butt: ,but I wave and still stick the odd frontera owners card on the windscreen explaining about fog :D
BRING ON A BIGGER WALL !!!!![color=#4080FF]Cos I Am The Cosmic Fool

East Midland Area Rep

Frontera owners stickers here forums/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=47071"
User avatar
horses45
FOG BBQ Chef
FOG BBQ Chef
 
Posts: 3844
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:06 am
Location: Matlock, Derbyshire
Model: 2.2 DTI 5dr
Registration Year: 2003/03
Vehicle Name: The Truck
Modifications: None :-(
Region: Midlands
Skype Username: robert.hodgson610

Re: frontera wave by mudman1988 on Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:45 am
Always used to wave at land rover drivers when I had mine and when I was driving suzuki's I got the odd wave from modded zooks but iv never had a wave from a frontera but than again iv only seen 1 other this month looked identical to mine but it was a 2.0
mudman1988
my other cars a frontera
my other cars a frontera
 
Posts: 255
Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:23 pm
Location: kent
Model: 2.8 TDI Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1996/N
Vehicle Name: Victor
Modifications: 2" spring lift with full dislocation on the rear
Quick disconnect kit for front anti roll bar
mud tyres (31/10.50/15 insa turbo super special tracks)
Light bar
Winch bumper and winch with in cab control
Ass tuck
Rear tow bumper
Cb
Side exit exhaust
Egr delete
Snorkel
Region: South East

Re: frontera wave by horses45 on Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:57 am
It's very surprising how many people drive fronteras and do not know about the forums, but I try to point them in the way of FOG :wink:
BRING ON A BIGGER WALL !!!!![color=#4080FF]Cos I Am The Cosmic Fool

East Midland Area Rep

Frontera owners stickers here forums/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=47071"
User avatar
horses45
FOG BBQ Chef
FOG BBQ Chef
 
Posts: 3844
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:06 am
Location: Matlock, Derbyshire
Model: 2.2 DTI 5dr
Registration Year: 2003/03
Vehicle Name: The Truck
Modifications: None :-(
Region: Midlands
Skype Username: robert.hodgson610

Re: frontera wave by bobbinsjob on Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:12 am
I always wave or go and speak to them
Image
SIZE DOES MATTER!!
MEMBER 1728
1996 2.8 SWB called VIPER

Members Ride section for VIPER

Comments on VIPER here

GET YOUR CARTOON CAR HERE
User avatar
bobbinsjob
Rev Limit Finder
Rev Limit Finder
 
Posts: 7007
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:53 am
Location: Essex
Model: 2.8 TDI Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1996/N
Vehicle Name: Viper
Modifications: Deep offset Steel modular wheels with 32/11.5/15 Kuhmo KL71 mud tyres
+2" Plasma body lift
Flipped ball-joints
+2" spring spacers
Custom built roof rack
Light bar
Modified Navara tubular rear bumper
Mental cammo paint job
Region: South East

Re: frontera wave by mudman1988 on Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:34 am
As I say I don't see that many on the road but when I do I have a chat, where can I get some flyers?
mudman1988
my other cars a frontera
my other cars a frontera
 
Posts: 255
Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:23 pm
Location: kent
Model: 2.8 TDI Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1996/N
Vehicle Name: Victor
Modifications: 2" spring lift with full dislocation on the rear
Quick disconnect kit for front anti roll bar
mud tyres (31/10.50/15 insa turbo super special tracks)
Light bar
Winch bumper and winch with in cab control
Ass tuck
Rear tow bumper
Cb
Side exit exhaust
Egr delete
Snorkel
Region: South East

Re: frontera wave by Wilberforce on Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:51 am
I think there's a couple of designs for flyers, business cards and mirror danglies in the forum announcements section.
Failing that, design and print your own.
Jim...

South East Picnic site information

| Jessica - 2002 Isuzu Trooper Insignia LWB | 3.1 ltr hybrid conversion |
User avatar
Wilberforce
The stick insect
The stick insect
 
Posts: 4124
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:23 pm
Location: Comfy couch, Lancashire
Registration Year: 2002/51
Vehicle Name: Jessica
Region: North West
Skype Username: jim.greenaway

Re: frontera wave by 4x4 bobby on Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:37 pm
I printed my own flyers introducing myself and giving some brief details of FOG and how to join. Seems to work !!! :D
Comments on Betsy here please!!! viewtopic.php?f=115&t=56282

Bobster!!!!

Frontera's do it better in MUD!!!
Image
West Midlands Area Rep

Its here, the FOG Annual Meet 2014 viewforum.php?f=123
User avatar
4x4 bobby
Satanic Mechanic
Satanic Mechanic
 
Posts: 6449
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:44 am
Location: Newcastle-Under-Lyme, Staffordshire.
Model: 2.2 DTI 5dr
Registration Year: 2000/W
Vehicle Name: Betsy
Modifications: Light bar. CB attena on rear door. Wider wheels from an "A" series.
Region: Midlands

Re: frontera wave by horses45 on Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:58 pm
Yep I did the same as bobby but they used to be there but maybe we could get a new one put in there in case anyone would like to print them off :wink:
BRING ON A BIGGER WALL !!!!![color=#4080FF]Cos I Am The Cosmic Fool

East Midland Area Rep

Frontera owners stickers here forums/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=47071"
User avatar
horses45
FOG BBQ Chef
FOG BBQ Chef
 
Posts: 3844
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:06 am
Location: Matlock, Derbyshire
Model: 2.2 DTI 5dr
Registration Year: 2003/03
Vehicle Name: The Truck
Modifications: None :-(
Region: Midlands
Skype Username: robert.hodgson610

Re: frontera wave by fudge on Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:39 pm
i have them all at work. will send some over to you rob
User avatar
fudge
Thumper
Thumper
 
Posts: 2054
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:31 pm
Location: tadley
Model: 2.0i Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1991/J
Vehicle Name: the duck
Modifications: full roll cage
snorkle
SOA lift
winch bullbar
winch(ramsey pro 8000)
hilift jack mount
waffle boards mounts
jerry cans mount
cb radio
front and rear recovery
darken leanses
8x spot light
rear work light
bucket seat
5 point harness

more comming soon
Region: Southern England
Skype Username: magtodd

Re: frontera wave by Trugga on Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:22 pm
This link still works: http://www.trugga.co.uk/FOG/FOG_Flyer.pdf
for the 2 sided A4 3-fold flyer:

Image Image

Lawrence
User avatar
Trugga
Da Prof!
Da Prof!
 
Posts: 6258
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:46 pm
Location: West Midlands (UK)
Model: 2.0i Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1994/L
Vehicle Name: Little Blue Bug
Modifications: # ARB Winch bumper
# Wireless operated Warn Winch
# Jackable rockslider sills
# Safety Devices roll cage
# Roof level tree bars
# Roof mounted waffle boards
# Underbody protection
# Smaller, higher fuel tank
# Buttock tuck with protectors
# Cobra Aqua4x4 competition seats
# 3-point harnesses
# Terratrip
# GTE digital dash
# Bonnet pins
# AVM manual front hubs
# FIA battery master switch
# Ally Chequerplate footwells
# De-Cat, straight thro' zorst
# 2" Lift, +2" Rough Country shocks
Region: Midlands

Re: frontera wave by Trugga on Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:40 pm
I might be quiet on the forum, but I still have my uses :D

Lawrence
User avatar
Trugga
Da Prof!
Da Prof!
 
Posts: 6258
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:46 pm
Location: West Midlands (UK)
Model: 2.0i Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1994/L
Vehicle Name: Little Blue Bug
Modifications: # ARB Winch bumper
# Wireless operated Warn Winch
# Jackable rockslider sills
# Safety Devices roll cage
# Roof level tree bars
# Roof mounted waffle boards
# Underbody protection
# Smaller, higher fuel tank
# Buttock tuck with protectors
# Cobra Aqua4x4 competition seats
# 3-point harnesses
# Terratrip
# GTE digital dash
# Bonnet pins
# AVM manual front hubs
# FIA battery master switch
# Ally Chequerplate footwells
# De-Cat, straight thro' zorst
# 2" Lift, +2" Rough Country shocks
Region: Midlands

Re: frontera wave by dave1966 on Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:17 pm
I have those FOG flyers in my glove compartment. :thumbup:
R.I.P Sable!(2005 to 2013)
User avatar
dave1966
Lord frontera
Lord frontera
 
Posts: 2380
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:03 pm
Location: FIFE.
Region: Scotland


Return to General discussion

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 26 guests