So long farewell auf wiedersehen goodbye

banter general discussions etc

So long farewell auf wiedersehen goodbye by stevd on Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:03 pm
So today is a very sad day for me. Today is the day I have decided to let go. After many many many fond years of Frontera ownership, it is time I parted ways.

I have, over the years, breathed life back into the old girl, but I can no longer carry on. The poor fronty now has too many ailments, too much to do. The fronty is more like triggers broom, and I have over the years replaced a heck of a lot on her. Now it is time for the frontera to go to the grave yard for cars.

It has been a great car to own, and it has allowed me to go many places I thought wouldnt be possible. I travelled around Europe for 4 months in it when I was in my early 20's, living and sleeping in it. It has allowed me to join this forum and meet many great people along the way......all in all it has been a great fun car to own and will be sorely missed.

I have now bought a disco as it was time for a change. I couldnt replace my Wheelie Bin frontera with another, as it just wouldnt be the same. Although I can replace the disco with another fronty when the time comes, so I may be back to fronty ownership before too long :-)

Anyway, thanks to everyone for all the meets, off-roading and mechanical advice along the way which has helped keep the frontera going as long as it has. Please bear in mind it has now covered between 275000-300,000 miles ( exact is not known, bloody b series clocks) :-) so I will not be offering parts out as they probably will be worse than you already have.

So all that is left to say is ...... So long farewell auf wiedersehen goodbye..... and if you do have any meets and dont mind a green oval there, I would love to come along.

Cheers

Steve
User avatar
stevd
How Many Posts
How Many Posts
 
Posts: 429
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:54 pm
Location: North Wales, Mold / Connah's Quay
Model: 2.2 DTI 5dr
Registration Year: 2000/W
Vehicle Name: Wheelie Bin-cos of the colour
Modifications: 2" Lift on Trroper HD springs
2" extra on solid pipe x section
3.5" wind up on front
pro Comp Shocks
Side step removal
CB
Bonet Guard
A fair amount of scratches
Lots of rust to add character
16" alloys from an A Series
265/75/16 Recip Trial Mud Tyres - Modified arches with angle grinder.
Silicone vac pipes
Region: North Wales

Re: So long farewell auf wiedersehen goodbye by justdan on Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:01 pm
:v happy: :dunno: :dunno:
I shed a year reading that lol good luck matey ..... 300k is bloody good going
justdan
frontera God
frontera God
 
Posts: 849
Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 8:56 pm
Location: middle of noplace
Model: 2.2i 16v RS Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 2001/X
Vehicle Name: Paddy
Modifications: Hiccups sorted :-)
Alpine I.C.E system
Combra shiney nudge bar
Irmischer wheels
Region: Scotland

Just because you have brought a landrover dosen't mean you have to say good bye your still welcome as long as you don't mine some friendly Micky taking for having a inferior landrover. The knowldege and experience you have gained over years of ownership can still be used. some of the members on here run other models of 4x4.
The only boundry is your imagination.
Jellybaby (Dave Jellyman)
User avatar
jellybaby
Lord frontera
Lord frontera
 
Posts: 2712
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 6:12 pm
Location: burntwood, Staffordshire
Vehicle Name: Madge
Modifications: Mitsubishi shotgun mk2
Standard
CB
On board Wi-Fi
Region: Midlands

cherio, hasta la vista , ta ta, arrivederchi :lol:
Image
User avatar
jimmybhoy
GURU
GURU
 
Posts: 610
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 12:02 am
Location: Renfrewshire
Model: 3.2 V6 5dr
Registration Year: 2004/04
Modifications: Tints, BRC LPG. Stainless Exhaust, Yoko Geolandar AT`s. Fully polybushed
Region: Scotland

Re: So long farewell auf wiedersehen goodbye by snapper on Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:46 pm
I'd hang on to the Fronty for a bit longer mate. Make it a toy or just use the panels as fill in material for the Disco, you just know your gonna need to brush up on the welding skills lol....
This posting may have been helpfull, on the other hand probably not... Either way, I may have had drink when posting it in which case it's probably not as helpfull as it could have been

Work safe, and remember all technical problems can be resolved with a hammer, the trick is knowing where to hit it and how big a hammer to use (I often find it may also help to have a spare bit in the shed to replace the bit you have just mullered ;) )

Work in Progress (or not as the case may be) I give you.... 'O-no' the truck.

Comments on 'O-no' the truck may be left here

Work in Progress (or not as the case may be) I give you.... 'Truck'

Comments on 'Truck' the truck may be left here

Owning a 2.8 is a hobby in it's self...
User avatar
snapper
Lord frontera
Lord frontera
 
Posts: 2189
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:32 am
Location: Oxfordshire, Brize Norton.
Model: 2.8 TDI 5dr
Registration Year: 1995/N
Vehicle Name: Truck and O-no
Modifications: -
2.8 TD LWB - Truck:
Side Steps Removed
EGR, Birds Nest & Both Butterfly Valves Removed
Particulate Filter removed and pipe welded in
Safari Snorkel fitted
Trooper Flywheel & Clutch fitted
Trooper LSD Rear Axle fitted
Winch Bumper & Winch fitted
3.1 Engine Fitted
2" Suspension Lift

2.8 TD LWB - O-no:
Standard, for now.

2.5 Volvo 850 Saloon:
Standard

Volvo XC70 D5 SE Lux (185bhp)
Standard
Region: South East

Re: So long farewell auf wiedersehen goodbye by Drift on Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:53 pm
Awww a legend passes on :(
I remember when I first bumped into you on the Wayfarer many moons ago and could not believe my ears when you told me how many miles you did on one clutch :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good to see your no going away for long see you bought a disco Andytats did that once and look at him, got about 17 Frontera's now :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ste
FOG Administrator

Frontera Technical Support
Often Imitated Never Bettered

http://www.fronteraowners.co.uk
Image
Its here, the FOG Annual Meet 2014 viewforum.php?f=123
User avatar
Drift
The Man-ual
The Man-ual
 
Posts: 43955
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:20 pm
Location: Driftshire
Model: 2.8 TDI 5dr
Registration Year: 1995/N
Vehicle Name: Daddy's Car or Triggers Broom
Modifications: 2.8 TDI LWB
Tinkered to it's practical limits but understated, though shockingly cool (do you know her?).
She is nicccccceeee ;-)
Region: North West
Skype Username: driftwood10

Dont leave FOG you will regret it fella and we can put up with a few of them rusty things co's they make the fronty's look great!!!!!!!! :thumbup: :lol:
Comments on Betsy here please!!! viewtopic.php?f=115&t=56282

Bobster!!!!

Frontera's do it better in MUD!!!
Image
West Midlands Area Rep

Its here, the FOG Annual Meet 2014 viewforum.php?f=123
User avatar
4x4 bobby
Satanic Mechanic
Satanic Mechanic
 
Posts: 6449
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:44 am
Location: Newcastle-Under-Lyme, Staffordshire.
Model: 2.2 DTI 5dr
Registration Year: 2000/W
Vehicle Name: Betsy
Modifications: Light bar. CB attena on rear door. Wider wheels from an "A" series.
Region: Midlands

Re: So long farewell auf wiedersehen goodbye by BoxCleva on Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:35 pm
Read about this on FB bud. Perhaps your good self and JW might fancy a days laning in the not to distant future. You have my number :thumbup:
User avatar
BoxCleva
Lord frontera
Lord frontera
 
Posts: 7179
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:46 pm
Location: North Wales, not to far from the Wayfarer- Between Wrexham and Oswestry
Vehicle Name: sack o sheet
Modifications: Beemer e46
Region: North West


Return to General discussion

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 34 guests
cron