I was asked to look at a car today.. it was a VX Zafira 07 plate and the driver couldn't get into the car even though the doors were unlocked.
To cut a long story short it had been at a garage who were adding stickers/logo's etc and to do this properly they had to remove the door handles. When the job was done the owner drove away.. they stopped off on the way home and locked the doors. When they came back, unlocked the doors as usual but the handles would not work! I assume as they had not been re-fitted correctly.
I managed to get the front passenger door open so at least they were not stuck and could then drive home, but the other 3 doors do not open either with the insde handle or external handle. ( its a converted car so the rear 2 doors open only from the outside, the inside door cards have been replaced with just panels ).
So, I need to open the doors before I can strip off the cards and see why they are not working. Any Ideas?
The front passenger door is the only one I can open. all the others will need to be opened before I can do anything else. I cant get to the inside of the rear doors as its boxed in so can only access them from the outside until they are open.







