Thanks guys.
Went to have a look at it, it was advertised on gumtree glasgow as excellent condition with genuine 22'000 on the clock.
http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-moto ... 1015415962After the guy mucking about a bit re viewing it I set off for the 45 mile journey letting the seller know I had left to come and view. I arrived at his place, called to say i was there, no reply. I then got a txt from him to say he had been called out to work and wouldn't be able to make it.
Had a look around the car anyway seeing I was there, what a complete bin. There was body trim panels missing, tyres although all barely legal on tread, had cuts in the side walls of a couple of them.
The exhaust had more exhaust repair putty holding it together than anything else.
The underside was in a poor state also with the rear panel that runs along behind the rear bumper being completely rotten, all coil springs looking like they were on there last legs,brake pipes required replaced front to rear, along with the anti roll bar bushes... This was all noticed from a quick 2 min look around.. The car was advertised at £1495 but I had already agreed that I would be paying no more than £1100 if it was as described. I'm quite glad he wasn't there to be honest. Was looking forward to there being a V6 to join the 2, 2.2 sports we already have in the family.