// Frontera Technical Support • View topic - help me decide.

help me decide.

banter general discussions etc

help me decide.

Postby Silver Ghost on Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:29 pm

right here we go, trying to get myself a new fronty, looking for 1999 to 2000 hopefully, but prepared to go a year lower if i have to.

have been looking at the lwb 2.2 petrol. but i am struggling, now i have a silver 2.2 lwb at my finger tips, but the guy im buying off has private plate on that he is transfering to his new car. but tax runs out end of the month and the V5 and MOT are away at DVLA, to make matters worse, they lost his V5 for his new truck and he had to pay 25.00 quid or something. so im reluctant to hand over green stuff till all is in place. as the money is a loan from my boss and dont want to look a plank if something goes wrong .

so my first help is, do i wait, because i really need to get new truck by end of weekend or tuesday at latest. but trying to find lwb in a 50 mile radius is hard, not that many for sale.

so next option is go for a swb about the same year. and tell this guy to suck eggs as they say.

so what i would also like to know, before i start looking, is whats the diff between an A series swb, and and B series swb, and is there anyhting i should look out for, im going to go for the 2.2 petrol.

sean
Silver Ghost
frontera God
frontera God

Model: 2.2i 5dr
Registration Year: 1999/S
Region: South East

Re: help me decide.

Postby Big Dave on Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:35 pm

Me personally, would hang onto my bucks untill all of the paper work arrives - even if the bloke is a mate - he will understand. Especially true if you've got a loan.

As for the diff between A and B series - sure someone will be along soon.

I've had 2 A series - basic to look at, but I love em :lol:
Big Dave
Member of http://www.northtyne4x4.com http://www.4x4uk.org
Big Dave
my other car is a broken down frontera,
my other car is a broken down frontera,

Model: 2.8 TDI Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1996/N
Vehicle Name: Honda Civic
Modifications: Dreams
Region: North East

Postby Silver Ghost on Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:49 pm

Big Dave wrote:Me personally, would hang onto my bucks untill all of the paper work arrives - even if the bloke is a mate - he will understand. Especially true if you've got a loan.

As for the diff between A and B series - sure someone will be along soon.

I've had 2 A series - basic to look at, but I love em :lol:

i love the A series as well, but wants me to get newwer model, as i have spent alot on this truck and his holiday comes up end of may, and in his mind he wants me to get something newer, and reliable. he want me to go for ford modeo and stuff. until yesterday, when his exhaust broke and his car had to go into garage, he borrowed my truck. and to my surpise, he was impressed.

the guy is not a mate, but im sure he will understand when i say, i will wait for paper work, he comes across as honest. and we have talked at length on phone. and i know he understands..

cheers

sean
Silver Ghost
frontera God
frontera God

Model: 2.2i 5dr
Registration Year: 1999/S
Region: South East

Postby country_Est on Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:32 pm

Wait till it all slots into place. If its not all there correctly then it wont really sell anywhere so it should wait for you :dance:
2000 Frontera 2.2 DTi Ltd
country_Est
frontera God
frontera God

Model: 2.2 DTI 5dr
Registration Year: 2000/X
Vehicle Name: panserbjørne
Modifications: 1.5" Body Lift, Trooper 3.1 Rear Coils, ES9000 Shocks+2" , 2" Torsion bar windup,
Maxxis Buckshot M/T 265/76/16, Roof Lights front & rear, Waffle Boards, Tow Bar, Snorkle and wading cutout switch, Underbody Armour, Bull Bar with spots, CB, handsfree Phone kit, fridge & PC MM Navigation.
Region: Southern England

Return to General discussion