// Frontera Technical Support • View topic - Frontera B exhaust prob

Frontera B exhaust prob

banter general discussions etc

Frontera B exhaust prob

Postby olympus16270 on Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:10 pm

Hi guys,is there a way to stop the exhaust blowing from the flexi joint on a Frontera B 2003 2.2 Sport Petrol ?
I haven't crawled right underneath yet but pulling slightly on the pipe before the flexi joint makes it worse and pushing slightly seems to stop the blow,it is definitely blowing from the flexi bit.
Rest of system doesn't look too good in places either,it looks like the original system, and cannot find part numbers anywhere,so would appreciate it if anyone has these and any advice as to where to obtain the parts from.
Thanks-John
olympus16270
Fronty Engineer
Fronty Engineer

Model: 2.2i Sport Olympus 3dr
Registration Year: 2003/53
Vehicle Name: Beryl
Region: International

Re: Frontera B exhaust prob

Postby Road Hog on Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:48 pm

The short answer is no. Inside the flexible braiding is a convoluted pipe which absorbs vibration,some exhaust centres can cut the section out & weld in a pattern part,so I am afraid its eathe a new section or mabe a repair.Best bet is to phone around in your local area.
Road Hog
Forum Wino
Forum Wino

Postby olympus16270 on Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:52 pm

thanks for reply Gyspy,looks like a new system may be the best bet,but Vaux dealer prices are extortionate.-John
olympus16270
Fronty Engineer
Fronty Engineer

Postby andyvee on Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:53 pm

Just replied to your other post about the oxygen sensor - now I know what model you have!

Tip - add it to your profile!

You are like me, one of the unlucky Frontera B owners as far as exhausts go - unless things have changed in the last 12 months or so they are main dealer only and judging by the prices they must be made of gold!

I think Timax have just released some exhausts for the B so you may be in luck, most 3.2 owners get custom stainless ones made for about £400 as it is the same price as the genuine mild steel one but lasts for ever instead of 5-7 years.

If you find a source, be sure to let everyone know.

Andy
Ex Frontera Owner
... but I know have a Skoda Octavia Estate 2.0TDI with 300lbft of torque mmmmmmmmm
andyvee
my other cars a frontera
my other cars a frontera

Modifications: Ex Frontera Owner
Region: North West

Postby olympus16270 on Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:59 pm

Thanks Andy,just found the out the flexi joints are available on Ebay but unless you have access to welding equipment quite a lot of work involved to remove the old joint and weld in a new one,in my case the system is the original so will probably need replacing in a year or 2 anyway.-John
olympus16270
Fronty Engineer
Fronty Engineer

Postby andyvee on Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:54 am

A decent exhaust place will do that for you - cheaper than a new section form Vauxhall
Ex Frontera Owner
... but I know have a Skoda Octavia Estate 2.0TDI with 300lbft of torque mmmmmmmmm
andyvee
my other cars a frontera
my other cars a frontera

Modifications: Ex Frontera Owner
Region: North West

Postby cav on Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:43 am

I own a Vectra V6 and the flexi pipe went on that too. I had a look round and people wanted some thing like £100+ for the part. Then i looked on ebay and i found this bloke that makes them to the size you want for about £25 and they are weld in or bolt on.
I will try find his name later and post it up here if you want. I got one and its been on the car now over a year and ive had no problems at all with it
Rolling in my TANK
cav
my other cars a frontera
my other cars a frontera

Model: 3.2 V6 5dr
Registration Year: 1998/S
Vehicle Name: TANK
Region: North East

Return to General discussion