// Frontera Technical Support • View topic - Mereworth Army Training Base, Kent - off roading day

Mereworth Army Training Base, Kent - off roading day

Latest news on Frontera Owners Group events, meets, greelaning & offroad
Forum rules
Disclaimer:
Please understand that the Frontera Owners Group or any organiser of events will not be held responsible for any loss, damage, accident or injury caused by attending an event. You are responsible for your passengers and for your own safety and should carry the necessary recovery and safety equipment. You agree to follow the rules of the Highway Code, Green Lane Code and club pay and play site rules whichever applies. For greenlane events; All events should adhere to the GLASS Code of Conduct, and please note that Rights Of Way often change and if a TRO (traffic regulation order) has been put in place by the local council you should not drive the lane. If you do not agree to the above you should refrain from taking part in the event.

Mereworth Army Training Base, Kent - off roading day

Postby Retro Pedro on Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:38 pm

Got to hear of the bluelight off road club organising an off road open invitation event on Saturday 31st March at Mereworth Army Base woods.
It's coming in at £45 per car + £10 for additional adult passenger - so not cheap.
At the moment, I'm looking to go so if anybody else want's to join me, I'll post the link for individuals to register direct on the bluelight site.
Retro Pedro
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Model: 2.8 TDI Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1995/N
Vehicle Name: Grandads Tractor
Modifications: A few suspension modifications to assist with ground clearance and fitting of bigger tyres.
Region: South East

Re: Mereworth Army Training Base, Kent - off roading day

Postby Retro Pedro on Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:58 pm

Ended up having a good day out on this army base site.
Meet up with a couple of peeps from a local off roading forum and the guy I teamed up with for the day was on his first off roading venture in his 31 year old V8 Land Rover Classic. To be fair the graceful old girl done done her owner proud - went everywhere that the tricked up motors went.
After the initial run round the site, my first impression was that I had got bigger buzzes from laning - but then on the second run we got off the main drags and onto the tracks and began to find the mud.
There was a large bomb hole and the two water runs that were the main attractions with a third water hole that we didn't want to ventured into in case we bumped into a submarine laying in the bottom of it (slight exaggeration but it did have the deep water warning signs).
Being a military site it seemed to go on for miles, and there were times that I didn't have a clue where we were. Plenty of tracks into the bargain and they didn't mind if we went off piste as long as we didn't do any damage to the site - trees and obstacles.
The only thing I'm real gutted about is that I've lost all the stills I took - SD card has decided to play silly buggers and says it needs formatting before the computer can read it :x
I'll check out with the guys on the local forum to see if I can borrow and post some of their pics just to give an illustration of the play areas.
Now for the part I must seek your forgiveness with brothers.
Land Rover World photographers were there getting material for a future issue - needless to say, the old Classic took alot of interest from the LRW guys. I did my part in trying to get them to take some pics of my Fronty, but somehow don't think that they will get published.
Retro Pedro
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Model: 2.8 TDI Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1995/N
Vehicle Name: Grandads Tractor
Modifications: A few suspension modifications to assist with ground clearance and fitting of bigger tyres.
Region: South East

Re: Mereworth Army Training Base, Kent - off roading day

Postby gregster on Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:30 am

Sounds like good fun Pete...gutted about the pics...was working yesterday :twisted:
Check out the index thread below where pics/reviews from all our past meets can be found!!!!
click here for the SE Events Index/links Thread...see all the reviews and whats coming up soon!

Looks like I'm in trouble with the Mrs's again...
She asked me what I'd most like to do to her body...
Apparently "Identify it" is not the correct answer!

MAKE IT or BREAK IT! TEAMXTREME4X4
gregster
Winnebago..or does it?
Winnebago..or does it?

Model: 2.4 5dr
Registration Year: 1997/P
Vehicle Name: FRONTY4x4SPARES
Modifications: Drive a 2.2dti olympus, 2.8 lwb and 2.0i sport.
Breaking...
2.4i and 2.3td
2.0i C20ne and x20se x 4
2.8tdi x2
2.2i A
2.2i B LWB x3
x22dth B dti lwb x3
y22dth B dti lwb x5
Call Fronty4x4spares on
01622 739908.
Same day dispatch,
next day delivery