// Frontera Technical Support • View topic - Any ideas of youtube formats

Any ideas of youtube formats

Any ideas of youtube formats

Postby Retro Pedro on Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:22 am

Partly can answer the question but I haven't got a clue as to what to do about.
Bascially, I've been using a cheapo Chinese web cam vid camera with the recordings going direct on to a 32gb SD card. In fact, all the vids I've loaded of FOG have been shot using this camera.
Apart from one corrupt SD card, which is now in the bin, and on one occasion when I used the wrong card in the camera (put the one I use on my Kodak camera which is formatted differently) and Rob salvaged what he could - all as been OK. After I got the disc mixed up, I did reformat on the video camera and it seemed to work OK.
I have got the wrong Windows program running on my PC - it's been reloaded with 'small business' rather than the original 'home'. Hence when I boot up, I get the none geniune warning come up, but I just it cancel and it all runs OK. It's something I keep meaning to change but never got round to it. The downside, is I can't get any 'Windows Media' updates becomes it's says the 'Windows' I'm running is not geniune. In good faith, my daughters boyfriend loaded 'DivX Plus Player' for me to open my videos to get around the 'media player' problem.
It seems that since then, I can't get my videos to upload to 'youtube'. Comes up with 'format language is not recognised' or something like that.
Most of the videos I took today, seem to have a 'ATI' format tag which I reckon is something to do with why they are being refused by youtube. Two of the videos, for some reason did write to disc in 'AVI', which I thought was acceptable on youtube. On these vids, it said it didn't recognise the language, but would try to transfer/load - but I don't think it did.
So the next move was to try and view the vids on my PC via 'DivX Plus Player'. Initially it said it couldn't open because it needed device layers or something like that. Just re tried a AVI format video and it's come up with a message that it hasn't got a video track.
Any ideas guys or shall I just launch it. Would really like to try and save the videos that I shot on the Herts/Essex laning day today before it does fly 20' across the garden.

EDIT - Just had a go at opening an AVI video in 'DivX Plus Player' and the actual error message is 'This video is in an unsupported format and cannot be played without installing additional DirectShow filters. I wouldn't have a clue on how to do that.
Retro Pedro
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Model: 2.8 TDI Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1995/N
Vehicle Name: Grandads Tractor
Modifications: A few suspension modifications to assist with ground clearance and fitting of bigger tyres.
Region: South East

Re: Any ideas of youtube formats

Postby brianw on Thu May 03, 2012 2:49 pm

There are so many different video formats in use today; AVI is the Apple Quicktime format, WMV is for Windows Media Player, MP4 is a general sort of format, FLV is a Flash Video, the sort of video you would download from Youtube, and so on.
With so many formats, the choice of player would seem to be a bit daunting, and downloading additional codecs could introduce extra problems for your PC.
I use Real Player (latest version is 15) for most video formats; it’s free (or you could purchase extra functionality), it opens most video formats and it also has a reasonable format converter built in to it.
Youtube should accept videos in the MP4 format, they them convert it themselves for FLV.
Search for Realplayer with your favourite search engine and once it’s installed, right click on the video you want to view and select “open with” from the drop down list and choose Real Player.
Brian.
If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is.

Any similarity between prototype and production equipment is purely coincidental.
brianw
Apprentice Frontera engineer
Apprentice Frontera engineer

Model: 2.0i Sport Niagra 3dr
Registration Year: 1997/P
Vehicle Name: My truck
Modifications: Just a bog standard Frontera Sport in normal road trim!
Region: South Wales

Postby Mr Mud on Thu May 03, 2012 3:03 pm

Try VLC media player it will open and play almost anything, I don't use any other players and it's free : http://www.videolan.org :thumbup:
Also download AVC @ http://www.any-video-converter.com once again it's free and it will convert any vids or audio files into whatever format you want
Last edited by Mr Mud on Thu May 03, 2012 4:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
1998/S Frontera 2.0i Sport Transglobe

Mr Mud
frontera God
frontera God

Model: 2.0i Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1998/S
Vehicle Name: Hippo#2
Modifications: K&N Air Filter.
Wind Deflectors.
Xenon HID Lights.
LWB Rear Light Conversion.
Rear Bumper Light Guards Fitted.
Falken-RV Landair AT Traction Tyres
New Coil Springs And 2" Suspension Lift By MG Autos
Region: South East

Postby PaulHooligan on Thu May 03, 2012 3:55 pm

I'm with Mr Mud on this one HOWEVER I prefer to use http://www.erightsoft.info/GetFile.php?SUPERsetup.exe as a converter.
PaulHooligan
How Many Posts
How Many Posts

Model: 2.2 DTi 16v RS Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1999/T
Vehicle Name: Brian The B Series
Modifications: 2" lift, Rebel Power pipes stainless snorkel, 3 Spoke "A" series alloys with Matador mp71 Izzarda tyres
Region: East Anglia

Return to PC & Technology discussion