// Frontera Technical Support • View topic - Hello All

Hello All

A Place to introduce yourself and say hello! - Please do not post questions here. If you are unsure of where to post a question, please post it in the General section and one of the FOG staff will move it to the correct place

Hello All

Postby abz2005 on Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:45 pm

Evening All,

Thanks for letting me join the forum, I'm Abz from the Black Country in the Midlands. Strictly speaking I don't own a Frontera yet but looking at a few with a view to getting one this weekend, I do have a few questions regarding Fronteras' so I'll post my questions in the correct section.

Thanks again for letting me join.

**EDIT**

As it happens I couldn't find the correct section so here go my questions lol

The reason I want a Frontera I need something a little substantial as I will be towing a car trailer. There are 2 Fronteras' that I'm definitely going to look at here are quick descriptions:

Frontera 1 - 2001 51 Plate 2.2 DTI, 1 owner from new, 85k with history, quite a decent spec, being sold as spares or repairs as it hasn't been used in over a year just parked up and started occasionally. The reason for it not being used it is smokey, I asked what colour the smoke is they said white on initial start then black smoke when revved, I don't know any more information regarding the car other than what I've wrote. The fact that it does start and drive I'm hoping it's not the fuel pump and hopefully a dirty EGR valve or knackered leak off pipes etc. Price - well I'm not going to say just yet but lets say cheap lol.

Frontera 2 - 2002 Private plate 3.2 Auto with LPG, 3 owners 111k, full mot and I'm told in very good condition, the one thing thats putting me off is that it's an automatic,I don't mind automatics in cars like BMW's and Mercs, but I do like the idea of taking it off roading and would prefer to do that in a manual. Price £1000

Both are LWB with the side steps and bull bars (I've been looking at models with these items), DTI doesn't have a towbar but easily sorted if I buy it.

I know my descriptions are vague but if you could either which would you go for, is one engine more troublesome/reliable than the other. I've read on parkers that there's not much difference with regards to torque between the 2, please correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm thinking with the DTI I could get it remapped or fit a tuning box for a bit more torque. Also if you have any advice in general regarding buying a Frontera that would be great

Any help would really be appreciated, thank you in advance
abz2005

Region: Midlands

Re: Hello All

Postby stretch on Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:12 pm

I had a dti and it was great for towing hay and horses. Only major problem with them is fuel pump failure which will cost £600-£800 for a replacement.
stretch
Rain cloud of doom
Rain cloud of doom

Model: 2.2 DTI 5dr
Registration Year: 2000/W
Vehicle Name: F.I.T.T
Modifications: 12v feed in boot
Truckputer under construction
Front & rear recovery points
De side stepped
Region: East Anglia

Return to New Members