// Frontera Technical Support • View topic - Annual meet 2016 rules

Annual meet 2016 rules

Annual meet 2016 rules

Postby stretch on Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:10 pm

Right we are all big boys as girls but just want to make sure everyone is on the same page....

Frontera Owners Group Annual Meet Rules

First and foremost, the annual meet is supposed to be a fun event enjoyed by all. These rules are designed to ensure that everyone has a fantastic weekend, rather than to spoil anyone's enjoyment. Common sense should prevail in most situations, however the Admin's decision is final on all matters.

We understand that many people will like to have a drink or two while at the annual meet, however on previous occasions the alcohol has taken over sense and some members have been seen driving while under the influence. While technically this is on private ground, this has caused damage in the past and does not put the group as a whole in a good light. To this end, any member attending the meet that is observed to be driving while under the influence of alcohol will be asked to leave the event (when legally sober to do so) and will be barred from attending any future annual meetings without any right to appeal. Any member seen driving on the public highways under the influence will be reported to the authorities. While it is a known fact that alcohol affects people in different ways, for the purposes of this rule someone will be deemed as being "under the influence" after one can/bottle or beer, one small glass of wine or one single small spirit. This list is not exhaustive and will be at the discretion of the Admin. Anyone seen driving in an antisocial way without being under the influence will be given one warning. Should they chose to ignore this warning they will be asked to leave the site and may be barred from future annual meets.

Again, many people attend the events purely for the social aspect. We are a diverse group of individuals and all have different customs and needs. To ensure that everyone has the best experience at the meeting, we ask that music is turned off and noise kept to a minimum after 10pm at night, to allow those of us that wish or need to sleep can do so. Each of the venues we have previously visited have said they would welcome us back and this is a reputation I am looking to uphold. The site we are visiting this year differs slightly as it is a family site and has other people staying thus any unruly behaviour/swearing etc will not be tolerated. The other people staying are paying for a holiday and they don't want it spoilt by noisy neighbours the same as you wouldn't when your away.

Apart from the possible BBQ provided within the price of the meeting, there is no communal food. It is your own responsibility to provide sufficient food and methods for cooking it for yourself over the meeting. Please do not expect others to feed you or provide refreshments. If you turn up without your own food, expect to be hungry for the weekend!

If you break your truck, then there is a good chance that someone will offer to help fix it. This should not be assumed however, and you should have suitable breakdown/recovery cover to transport you home should you require it. Please do not expect any member or members to spend their entire weekend fixing your vehicle at the expense of their own enjoyment.

We, as a group, have a reputation to uphold in regards to the places we visit for our annual meets. The site where the meeting is held should be treated with respect at all times. All site rules are to be observed and obeyed at all times. All buildings, roads, tracks, fences, gates, fixtures and fittings etc should be left as we find them. All rubbish should be collected and removed from the area or bagged for collection if the site allows. Please do not leave your beer cans for someone else to clear away. It would be appreciated if you would help clear the site up of general rubbish at the end of the event.

Children

There will be young children attending the event and you are all asked to bear this in mind when manouvering around the site as it is unlikely you will be able to see them out of your rear view mirror so ask someone to be a banksman if need be.

Laning

We all know that laning in general is under the spotlight and there will be people watching us. Directions of the group leader must be obeyed at all times. Speeds are to be kept to a minimum and apporpiate distances from the vehicle in front should be maintained. Any sort of speeding, reckless driving or activity deemed inopropiate by the group leader or admin will not be tolerated. It is up to the sole discretion of the group leader/admin if they feel that someone needs to be excluded from the excursion they will be asked to leave at the next safest available opportunity.

I recommend you familiarise yourself with the GLASS Code Of Conduct http://www.glass-uk.org/index.php/code-of-conduct

By attending the annual you agree to the above rules.
stretch
Rain cloud of doom
Rain cloud of doom

Model: 2.2 DTI 5dr
Registration Year: 2000/W
Vehicle Name: F.I.T.T
Modifications: 12v feed in boot
Truckputer under construction
Front & rear recovery points
De side stepped
Region: East Anglia

Re: Annual meet 2016 rules

Postby vauxsqueeks on Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:42 am

What are the rules on pets / dogs - just in case I can't get a sitter.
Fronty B, 2002 3.2 V6

Now Gone
Fronty B, 2004 2.2 DTi Olympus (SD04) viewtopic.php?f=18&t=57397 -- Best DTH upgrade ever Tuning Box
Fronty B, 2001 2.2i SWB Limited (Y48 ) viewtopic.php?f=16&t=50727
Fronty B, 1999 2.2i LWB Limited (V924)
Fronty B, 1998 2.2i LWB Limited (T934) viewtopic.php?f=16&t=48369
Fronty A, 1995 2.4l LWB

"There are NO silly questions... Just expensive mistakes"
vauxsqueeks
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Region: South East

Postby gregster on Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:57 am

vauxsqueeks wrote:What are the rules on pets / dogs - just in case I can't get a sitter.

No drink driving, no swearing, and no eating people and/or their food...must keep their owner own a lead when on site...
Check out the index thread below where pics/reviews from all our past meets can be found!!!!
click here for the SE Events Index/links Thread...see all the reviews and whats coming up soon!

Looks like I'm in trouble with the Mrs's again...
She asked me what I'd most like to do to her body...
Apparently "Identify it" is not the correct answer!

MAKE IT or BREAK IT! TEAMXTREME4X4
gregster
Winnebago..or does it?
Winnebago..or does it?

Model: 2.4 5dr
Registration Year: 1997/P
Vehicle Name: FRONTY4x4SPARES
Modifications: Drive a 2.2dti olympus, 2.8 lwb and 2.0i sport.
Breaking...
2.4i and 2.3td
2.0i C20ne and x20se x 4
2.8tdi x2
2.2i A
2.2i B LWB x3
x22dth B dti lwb x3
y22dth B dti lwb x5
Call Fronty4x4spares on
01622 739908.
Same day dispatch,
next day delivery
on 95% of items.
Region: South East

Postby stretch on Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:12 pm

vauxsqueeks wrote:What are the rules on pets / dogs - just in case I can't get a sitter.

From the site " Dogs allowed on leads to be exercised off the campsite in the field opposite. dogs charged at £1 per night."
stretch
Rain cloud of doom
Rain cloud of doom

Model: 2.2 DTI 5dr
Registration Year: 2000/W
Vehicle Name: F.I.T.T
Modifications: 12v feed in boot
Truckputer under construction
Front & rear recovery points
De side stepped
Region: East Anglia

Postby gregster on Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:48 pm

...and that smart arse Lab of yours aint allowed to drive your car either John, pi55ed or not...
Check out the index thread below where pics/reviews from all our past meets can be found!!!!
click here for the SE Events Index/links Thread...see all the reviews and whats coming up soon!

Looks like I'm in trouble with the Mrs's again...
She asked me what I'd most like to do to her body...
Apparently "Identify it" is not the correct answer!

MAKE IT or BREAK IT! TEAMXTREME4X4
gregster
Winnebago..or does it?
Winnebago..or does it?

Model: 2.4 5dr
Registration Year: 1997/P
Vehicle Name: FRONTY4x4SPARES
Modifications: Drive a 2.2dti olympus, 2.8 lwb and 2.0i sport.
Breaking...
2.4i and 2.3td
2.0i C20ne and x20se x 4
2.8tdi x2
2.2i A
2.2i B LWB x3
x22dth B dti lwb x3
y22dth B dti lwb x5
Call Fronty4x4spares on
01622 739908.
Same day dispatch,
next day delivery