// Frontera Technical Support • View topic - new owner of 2 frontera 2.2dtis

new owner of 2 frontera 2.2dtis

A Place to introduce yourself and say hello! - Please do not post questions here. If you are unsure of where to post a question, please post it in the General section and one of the FOG staff will move it to the correct place

new owner of 2 frontera 2.2dtis

Postby goldie01 on Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:10 am

Hi guys after much time wasting this week by idiots and one guy who brought me a "mint" 2001 dti to look at which i accidently tore the rear chassis leg apart with my hand "big style tinworm issue" and put my fingers through the sill aswell :lol: I have today purchased not 1 but 2 black 2004 olympus lwb fronteras ones got 124k on it the other 94k ill upload pics soon.

Anyhow the 94k one ive seen as its here in n.ireland out of mot:( and is due to be delivered tomorrow on recovery truck just needs a cv boot and track rod end for mot whoop:)

The second one i may need a little help from you fronty experts with its in england and being picked up tuesday and delivered to me the guy that ownes it has said there is a blow out in the exhaust and the jeep "holds back" every now and again but no eml etc.

So question is any common issues cause this or anything specific i should look for to resolve this ive no issue getting my hands dirty as im a qualified mechanic access to top line diagnostics snap on and launch so just need pointed in the right direction:)
goldie01
2WD
2WD

Region: Northern Ireland

Re: new owner of 2 frontera 2.2dtis

Postby fogman on Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:59 am

id just hope the holding back issue isnt being caused by fuel pump failure..... that can cause holding back symptoms. there are to variants of the dti engine ( the x and y ) so 2 types of fuel pumps, both are quite expensive to replace but changing the later y version is far more expensive and complicated than the earlier x. hopefully the fault will be something simple like a chocked egr valve though !
anyway good luck with them both :thumbup:
WHY AINT I GOT AN ALL SINGING & ALL DANCING SIGNATURE LIKE BOXY & DRIFTY ?

fogman
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Region: East Anglia

Postby goldie01 on Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:39 pm

They are both Y engines:( heres hoping its a sensor issue even the ecu woulkd be preferable to the mechanical pump failure
goldie01
2WD
2WD

Postby stretch on Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:03 pm

There's an ecu on the pump on the Y.
stretch
Rain cloud of doom
Rain cloud of doom

Model: 2.2 DTI 5dr
Registration Year: 2000/W
Vehicle Name: F.I.T.T
Modifications: 12v feed in boot
Truckputer under construction
Front & rear recovery points
De side stepped
Region: East Anglia

Postby goldie01 on Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:52 am

yerp I know but there is a place that will test and repair the ecu on the pump they even give exact instructions on how to remove the ecu from the mechanical pump so it can be left in the vehicle whoop:) Just hoping its not a mechanical failure of the pump itself.....This may be a good time also to say im a vauxhall trained mechanic however i stopped working for them a few years ago so no access to tech 2 etc anymore....still have access to TIS though and snapon and launch diagnostics:)

Thing is when I did work for them I tried to avoid diesels lol usually troubleshooting repairing the petrol engines I have however over the years replaced 3 fronty diesel engines and 2 petrol engines very easy to do plenty of room round them:)

Thanks for advise I will keep you all upto date with this one once I get the car here to get a proper look at it.
goldie01
2WD
2WD

Postby goldie01 on Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:48 pm

should have replied to this ages ago:( the holding back issue was the small vaccum valve that the vac pump connects too then the lines for the rest run off just bypassed it totally and problem solved:)
goldie01
2WD
2WD

Return to New Members