// Frontera Technical Support • View topic - 4x4 Funday in the woods...Sunday 16th november 2014

4x4 Funday in the woods...Sunday 16th november 2014

Kent to Oxfordshire

Including London North,South, East & West Bedfordshire Oxfordshire Hertfordshire

Moderator: gregster

Forum rules
Disclaimer:
Please understand that the Frontera Owners Group or any organiser of events will not be held responsible for any loss, damage, accident or injury caused by attending an event. You are responsible for your passengers and for your own safety and should carry the necessary recovery and safety equipment. You agree to follow the rules of the Highway Code, Green Lane Code and club pay and play site rules whichever applies. For greenlane events; All events should adhere to the GLASS Code of Conduct, and please note that Rights Of Way often change and if a TRO (traffic regulation order) has been put in place by the local council you should not drive the lane. If you do not agree to the above you should refrain from taking part in the event.

4x4 Funday in the woods...Sunday 16th november 2014

Postby gregster on Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:57 pm

Wotcha foggers....

We are pleased to announce our next meet at the woods on Sunday 16th november 2014....
Will be great to catch up with everyone again,
So get yourselves down to kent next sunday, will be great to see you there as a fun day out is be to had by all!

As featured in Total Offroad magazine!!!! 8)

PLEASE NOTE...NO BBQ this meet, but tea and coffee will be supplied, and people coming should bring a packed lunch...

Details below...

Sunday 16th november 2014...Picnic and offroad funday in the woods :wink:
9am start meet at my workshop and then go there together.(if you cant make it till later then pm me and I will give you my mob number to call, so someone can go and meet you nearby and bring you to the site.) If you are new and dont know where my workshop is, then drop me a pm and I will give you directions.

Pricing has been simplyfied for 2013...
£20 per car per day plus £5 per additional adult per day for all cars attending meets. (excluding tow cars for offroaders that are participating).
There is now no concession for cars coming that arent going offroad, as this was unfair as the facilities are all used by everyone, albiet in other peoples cars.
Its a crackin day out, and great value at these prices, and any extra raised goes back into making the site better, so is money well spent.

I do not organise offroad events, so you are being invited to attend a picnic in these woods,
the rules of which are as follows....

Litter will be taken home...
No open fires...
No irresponsible behaviour which is deemed (by the landowner, by me or someone assigned by me), a hazard to anyone (yourself &/or others)...
5mph speed limit on site for safety reasons...
5 mph speed limit through farm yard and past horses in fields...
No loud stereos,car horns or noisy behaviour near the farm or animals or anywhere on site...
No entering prohibited areas as determined by the landowner and me...
No cutting of trees or wood without my permission...
No motorbikes, quads or go-karts...
Rope swings in the clearing are old and not safe, so please do not use or allow you children to...
Children/ dogs to be kept under control and with parents/owners at all times...
Please keep children away from the open fires...
Cash up front on the day...£20 per car and driver, £5 for other Adults attending...
FOG members and family only, unless I have agreed it prior to the event...
Established members are welcome to bring other offroading friends as their guests, with their vehicles so long as you have explained the rules and how things work to them...
Guests will be required to participate in the supplies list to be fair to everyone else...

Please note...
Should anyone choose to venture into the woods in their vehicle, I will not be held responsible for any injury/damage or loss whatsoever...
I would suggest that motor insurance that covers you, your vehicle to be used offroad and 3rd parties would be a good idea, as otherwise you are uninsured when at these gatherings, and myself nor the landowner have insurance in place that will cover you or anything that may result from your actions to a 3rd party.
It is your responsibility to take out cover should you wish to protect your asset and those around you, if you chose not to then you must understand that it is your responsibility to deal with any claim resulting from your actions. If you are unwilling to do this, or think that I or the landowner will sort it out for you, then dont take you car into the woods.
You must understand that driving on difficult terrain is difficult and hence you should only take your car into the woods if you are sure that you are, confident in your ability to do so safely, understand your vehicles capabilities, and have assessed for yourself the terrain such that you are certain you can drive it with no risk to yourself or others. You must always exercise care and act safely with due consideration for others in the woods.

These are the rules...please only attend if you accept them, you will be required to sign prior to entrance that you agree.

Please be assured that I do not organise these meets to earn money, we just facilitate the use of a bit of woodland that we all can enjoy, the proceeds from the meets cover the rent of the land and materials we need to buy for everyone to use...if any extra is raised it will go towards maintaining and developing the site further or buying stuff for everyone's enjoyment...
We give our time for free, as do the many of our members who attend the workdays and do stuff between our gatherings.
We hope that everyone enjoys themselves and have a good time, but we will not tolerate anyone who tries to disrupt the meets or acts in a way that is not considerate towards the other members of the group, or that risks our future usage of the woods.
Be under no ellusion, we have all put so much effort into getting this off the ground that anyone will be ejected from the woods and excluded from future meets if their conduct warrants it...we all want to have fun, and have put loads of work into making a fun place where we can enjoy each others company and our trucks, and as such we are not going to loose it.
Clearly with anything like this someone needs to take charge so that things can run smoothly...that someone is me
Please follow any instructions that I may give, we want everyone to have fun as much as you hopefully do, and if either of us asks you to do/not do something, its not for our benefit, if will genuinely be for the benefit of everyone, so your cooperation will be appreciated and expected.

Confidentiality..

The location of this site will not be posted on FOG as we dont want anyone else browsing the forum knowing its whereabouts, as they will spoil it and we will lose it.
Anyone posting location details on here will not be invited to future events, and I will edit their posts to remove the location details.
Anyone attending these events is politely asked not to divulge to location to any other groups or individuals and keep it to themselves.

Sorry but now we've got the place, I don't wanna risk loosing it due to the actions of other less responsible 4x4 owners who enjoy breaking into or venturing onto private property to indulge their stupidity.

So if this looks like you kinda fun...and you can get down to Kent on Sunday 16th november 2014...

Then please add your name to the list below if you are going to join us on Sunday 16th november 2014,
please remember to bring a mug for tea,......
Check out the index thread below where pics/reviews from all our past meets can be found!!!!
click here for the SE Events Index/links Thread...see all the reviews and whats coming up soon!

Looks like I'm in trouble with the Mrs's again...
She asked me what I'd most like to do to her body...
Apparently "Identify it" is not the correct answer!

MAKE IT or BREAK IT! TEAMXTREME4X4
gregster
Winnebago..or does it?
Winnebago..or does it?

Model: 2.4 5dr
Registration Year: 1997/P
Vehicle Name: FRONTY4x4SPARES
Modifications: Drive a 2.2dti olympus, 2.8 lwb and 2.0i sport.
Breaking...
2.4i and 2.3td
2.0i C20ne and x20se x 4
2.8tdi x2
2.2i A
2.2i B LWB x3
x22dth B dti lwb x3
y22dth B dti lwb x5
Call Fronty4x4spares on
01622 739908.
Same day dispatch,
next day delivery
on 95% of items.
Region: South East

Re: 4x4 Funday in the woods...Sunday 16th november 2014

Postby gregster on Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:04 pm

The list so far..
Gregster (and Sally if it isnt too wet so the dogs can come)
Steveydee in the trooper
Chris in his 2.8shorty
Chris in the blue Vit
Stevey Smiff in his Apu 2.4
Shaun in his new 2.8lwb
Emma in her Apache....and Dan probably on a recovery truck in his Disco!!!LOL
Andytats and lisa in their 2.0i sport
I see Caleb put himself on the FB list, so this could mean Stevey 2stuck will be there in the rain maker!
Elliot in either his Jeep cherokee :dance: or his X6 :shock:
Olly in his new Jeep
Dean in his Vitara now sporting 33's
Ricky in his cherokee, with scotty supervising!
Andyt54 is hoping to come along after a couple of year fronty -break in his new 2.0i sport
Deano in the locked up leafer 2.0i
Check out the index thread below where pics/reviews from all our past meets can be found!!!!
click here for the SE Events Index/links Thread...see all the reviews and whats coming up soon!

gregster
Winnebago..or does it?
Winnebago..or does it?

Breaking...
2.4i and 2.3td
2.0i C20ne and x20se x 4
2.8tdi x2
2.2i A
2.2i B LWB x3
x22dth B dti lwb x3
y22dth B dti lwb x5
Call Fronty4x4spares on
01622 739908.
Same day dispatch,
next day delivery
on 95% of items.

Postby mudman1988 on Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:02 pm

Looking like a good one then i will be bringing invicta newbie called Connor in a standard grand vitara :lol: anyone got any spairs :lol:
mudman1988
my other cars a frontera
my other cars a frontera

Model: 2.8 TDI Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1996/N
Vehicle Name: Victor
Modifications: 2" spring lift with full dislocation on the rear
Quick disconnect kit for front anti roll bar
mud tyres (31/10.50/15 insa turbo super special tracks)
Light bar
Winch bumper and winch with in cab control
Ass tuck
Rear tow bumper
Cb
Side exit exhaust
Egr delete
Snorkel

Postby bobbinsjob on Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:49 pm

We'll be up norf sorry mate
SIZE DOES MATTER!!
MEMBER 1728
1996 2.8 SWB called VIPER

Members Ride section for VIPER

Comments on VIPER here

GET YOUR CARTOON CAR HERE
bobbinsjob
Rev Limit Finder
Rev Limit Finder

Model: 2.8 TDI Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1996/N
Vehicle Name: Viper
Modifications: Deep offset Steel modular wheels with 32/11.5/15 Kuhmo KL71 mud tyres
+2" Plasma body lift
Flipped ball-joints
+2" spring spacers
Custom built roof rack
Light bar
Modified Navara tubular rear bumper
Mental cammo paint job

Postby Alasdair on Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:29 pm

Sorry, guys, at conference gory he weekend. Have a good one
Alasdair
4WD
4WD

Model: 2.0i Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1998/S
Modifications: A/T tyres

Postby gregster on Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:54 pm

Gutted you cant make it guys....anyone else up for a fun day in the woods with the SE massive???

gregster
Winnebago..or does it?
Winnebago..or does it?

Breaking...
2.4i and 2.3td
2.0i C20ne and x20se x 4
2.8tdi x2
2.2i A
2.2i B LWB x3
x22dth B dti lwb x3
y22dth B dti lwb x5
Call Fronty4x4spares on
01622 739908.
Same day dispatch,
next day delivery
on 95% of items.

Postby stretch on Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:00 pm

can't make it unfortunately be will hopefully be there at the next weekender.
stretch
Rain cloud of doom
Rain cloud of doom

Model: 2.2 DTI 5dr
Registration Year: 2000/W
Vehicle Name: F.I.T.T
Modifications: 12v feed in boot
Truckputer under construction
Front & rear recovery points
De side stepped
Region: East Anglia

Postby gregster on Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:55 am

Gutted guys....its gonna be a squishy one tomorrow...cant wait! 8) 8) 8)

gregster
Winnebago..or does it?
Winnebago..or does it?

Breaking...
2.4i and 2.3td
2.0i C20ne and x20se x 4
2.8tdi x2
2.2i A
2.2i B LWB x3
x22dth B dti lwb x3
y22dth B dti lwb x5
Call Fronty4x4spares on
01622 739908.
Same day dispatch,
next day delivery