// Frontera Technical Support • View topic - ***** review of playday 12th oct******

***** review of playday 12th oct******

Kent to Oxfordshire

Including London North,South, East & West Bedfordshire Oxfordshire Hertfordshire

Moderator: gregster

Forum rules
Disclaimer:
Please understand that the Frontera Owners Group or any organiser of events will not be held responsible for any loss, damage, accident or injury caused by attending an event. You are responsible for your passengers and for your own safety and should carry the necessary recovery and safety equipment. You agree to follow the rules of the Highway Code, Green Lane Code and club pay and play site rules whichever applies. For greenlane events; All events should adhere to the GLASS Code of Conduct, and please note that Rights Of Way often change and if a TRO (traffic regulation order) has been put in place by the local council you should not drive the lane. If you do not agree to the above you should refrain from taking part in the event.

***** review of playday 12th oct******

Postby fudge on Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:13 pm

first of all i would like to thank greg for sorting this out..
i have been needing to get back out and had a good day..
and even got kelly to drive the duck :D
and yes it is stuck

spare door anyone
fudge
Thumper
Thumper

Model: 2.0i Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1991/J
Vehicle Name: the duck
Modifications: full roll cage
snorkle
SOA lift
winch bullbar
winch(ramsey pro 8000)
hilift jack mount
waffle boards mounts
jerry cans mount
cb radio
front and rear recovery
darken leanses
8x spot light
rear work light
bucket seat
5 point harness

more comming soon
Region: Southern England

Re: ***** review of playday 12th oct******

Postby gregster on Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:34 am

A great day, certainly eventful, thanks to every one who came and supported us in this....

Have some pics which I will upload later, but over all a good fun sticky day in the woods.

Our thoughts at this time are with Ben, who suffered serious scalding when his top hose blew off on his fronty, resulting in 2nd degree burns to his neck arm and back. Thanks to everyone who assisted in this situation, and repairing/recovering his car.

This sad incident did make me stop and think though, and I think praise has to go out to everyone who has been involved in the woods project from the outset. We are in our sixth year now down the woods, and thanks to the common sence, consideration and concentration from everyone in this potentially hazardous environment, this is our most serious amoungst very few incidents in this time. Jim broke a tooth years back on one of the first workdays, when a section of tree I was felling decided to defy all the laws of physics and chased him, Pete (the accident prone one!) fell/jumped off the back of a car and hurt his leg, and a later meet ended up sitting the back of his car when his brakes failed on a hill and he came down backwards rather promptly into a earth bank.
The nature of this hobby has great potential for getting hurt, the simply nature of the terrain is such that you cant even stand up in some places, and yet we have played so many times with our 2 tonne machines, but due to your sensibleness this has been largely free of incidents.
In fairness, Bens hose popping off could have happened anywhere, as indeed could have Petes brake failure, and as Ben said yesterday he was kinda glad if was going to happen that it did where it did, amoungst a bunch of friends who could help, sooner than being being on his own somewhere.
Check out the index thread below where pics/reviews from all our past meets can be found!!!!
click here for the SE Events Index/links Thread...see all the reviews and whats coming up soon!

Looks like I'm in trouble with the Mrs's again...
She asked me what I'd most like to do to her body...
Apparently "Identify it" is not the correct answer!

MAKE IT or BREAK IT! TEAMXTREME4X4
gregster
Winnebago..or does it?
Winnebago..or does it?

Model: 2.4 5dr
Registration Year: 1997/P
Vehicle Name: FRONTY4x4SPARES
Modifications: Drive a 2.2dti olympus, 2.8 lwb and 2.0i sport.
Breaking...
2.4i and 2.3td
2.0i C20ne and x20se x 4
2.8tdi x2
2.2i A
2.2i B LWB x3
x22dth B dti lwb x3
y22dth B dti lwb x5
Call Fronty4x4spares on
01622 739908.
Same day dispatch,
next day delivery