// Frontera Technical Support • View topic - 4x4 day in nottingham either 23rd or 30oct who's interested

4x4 day in nottingham either 23rd or 30oct who's interested

Forum rules
Disclaimer:
Please understand that the Frontera Owners Group or any organiser of events will not be held responsible for any loss, damage, accident or injury caused by attending an event. You are responsible for your passengers and for your own safety and should carry the necessary recovery and safety equipment. You agree to follow the rules of the Highway Code, Green Lane Code and club pay and play site rules whichever applies. For greenlane events; All events should adhere to the GLASS Code of Conduct, and please note that Rights Of Way often change and if a TRO (traffic regulation order) has been put in place by the local council you should not drive the lane. If you do not agree to the above you should refrain from taking part in the event.

Re: 4x4 day in nottingham either 23rd or 30oct who's interes

Postby Drift on Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:59 pm

I have to be honest its never happened to me in 6 years I have been here.
And there are no reports of any problems and yes I get what you are saying, it was just the way you where saying it.
Ste
FOG Administrator

Frontera Technical Support
Often Imitated Never Bettered

http://www.fronteraowners.co.uk
Its here, the FOG Annual Meet 2014 viewforum.php?f=123
Drift
The Man-ual
The Man-ual

Model: 2.8 TDI 5dr
Registration Year: 1995/N
Vehicle Name: Daddy's Car or Triggers Broom
Modifications: 2.8 TDI LWB
Tinkered to it's practical limits but understated, though shockingly cool (do you know her?).
She is nicccccceeee ;-)
Region: North West

Postby AskDean on Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:00 pm

i was simply asking why it would not appear is this such a problem?
AskDean
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Model: 3.2 V6 5dr
Registration Year: 2001/51
Vehicle Name: The Big Black Beasty
Modifications: LWB Unlimited 3.2 V6, Cloth , +3 Lift spring, rough country nitro +2 shocks, cat back stainless steel exhaust, AT's, 135w led spots, twin pump fed air horns, Sony 1400w explod sub, Solar and LPG converted, fridge in the back, a leggy blonde in the passenger seat and little old me at the wheel.
Region: Midlands

Postby Drift on Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:02 pm

Feck it, :way off topic: :dunno:
Ste
FOG Administrator

Drift
The Man-ual
The Man-ual

Tinkered to it's practical limits but understated, though shockingly cool (do you know her?).
She is nicccccceeee ;-)

Postby AskDean on Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:02 pm

i put ask drift as you pair are mates and talk same way if i was talking rob about something and put ask bobby as he might know
AskDean
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Modifications: LWB Unlimited 3.2 V6, Cloth , +3 Lift spring, rough country nitro +2 shocks, cat back stainless steel exhaust, AT's, 135w led spots, twin pump fed air horns, Sony 1400w explod sub, Solar and LPG converted, fridge in the back, a leggy blonde in the passenger seat and little old me at the wheel.

Postby Drift on Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:03 pm

Drift wrote:Feck it, :way off topic: :dunno:

:roll:
Ste
FOG Administrator

Drift
The Man-ual
The Man-ual

She is nicccccceeee ;-)

Postby AskDean on Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:06 pm

i was trying to before it got side jacked when andy pointed out my pm button didnt work

all i am trying to do is offer you guys as in fog members a free play day as the title said without the spanich inquistion.

it does say come at your risk as andy said to put that and i agreed with him which is why i did it yesterday.

thought that was suffient for fog to be happy
AskDean
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Postby Drift on Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:24 pm

Groan............again no representative of the Frontera Owners Group has commented on your bit of land in this thread, one member has commented to you, so please do not bring the whole forum into this discussion you are having with ONE member.
Ste
FOG Administrator

Drift
The Man-ual
The Man-ual

She is nicccccceeee ;-)

Postby AskDean on Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:52 pm

hi all

sorry to say i am going to have to cancel the meet for the 30th as just had a call from one of the guys in the office and they had fly tippers on site and they have dumped few tonne of building waste just through the rear gates after ramming them open so the area is being shut off for the time being as it is unsafe to drive through due to nails and metal fragements.

there is a lot of activity on site at present as they have two drilling derecks in drilling methane exhaust pipes into the middle of the pit so we would of been limited to where we could go anyway even if these feck witts had not messed it up. going to pop and see them friday and see what can be done about another date before Christmas once the big boss has calmed a little over the mess from the fly tippers as i will be able to see on the callendar when work on site will be quite for a weekend as they are rushing to get stuff done before the bad weather really kicks in.

so will post a new meet when i know more
AskDean
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Postby AskDean on Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:35 pm

latest update as spoke to my mate again today.

they are having a digger go up thursday and friday as council is coming to help remove the worst of it as spoke to one of them today to clear the access path.

i going to see them friday afternoon to see if there is any change of heart.

it doesnt help with the drilling rigs in place as they are in the middle where we would normally use as parking space before people go off in around the different sections.

just have to see what they are going to say friday. the rear entrance had big concrete drain sections blocking the path so this couldnt happen and they where removed by one of the guys for me to be able to use the site. so its sort of my fault in the main developers eyes but we get on i just have to see him face to face to see what i can sort out.

will put an update on friday one way or the other. so if people are interested check back friday after 8pm ok as i will know one way or the other by then ok
AskDean
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Postby AskDean on Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:53 pm

soz gys definetly cancelled.

while up there this afternoon to talk to the big boss as he was up there today over seeing the clean up some reprobate happened past on his quad with a police comunity bobby chasing him on a pedal bike. which didnt help or which didnt go down to well when i am trying to explain that what we do is nothing like that and he said he had already made his mind up that we couldnt use it and he was surprised i hadnt noticed the new signs in the back of the pick up he was sat in saying tresspasser will be prosicuted and this includes all motor vehicles, dog walkers and cyclists. should any motor vehicles be seen dial this number and the police will be notified as apperntly the secuirty guards have been having hassle with the kids on quads and bikes what with it being half term.

it turns out they got stung with a whopping bill for the clean up from the fly tippers and he is saying as it was a favour to me that i had the rear gates cleared to allow us access for off roading and this was how the fly tippers got in it was partly my fault and asked if i was paying cash or credit card for the clean up bill then said he was only joking when i told him to swizzle.

so sorry to say the pit is no longer available.
AskDean
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Postby Drift on Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:56 pm

Honestly I think Health and Safety liability would be the biggest issue if he gave permission as it is an industrial site :wink:
Ste
FOG Administrator

Drift
The Man-ual
The Man-ual

She is nicccccceeee ;-)

Postby AskDean on Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:13 am

you can lock it off now drift as its a bust.

the site is massive and more than enough room for eveything as still 5sq miles to play in but not to worry winter is coming and we hve floods and snow to look forward too
AskDean
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Previous

Return to Midlands events