// Frontera Technical Support • View topic - mini meet 7th august

mini meet 7th august

Forum rules
Disclaimer:
Please understand that the Frontera Owners Group or any organiser of events will not be held responsible for any loss, damage, accident or injury caused by attending an event. You are responsible for your passengers and for your own safety and should carry the necessary recovery and safety equipment. You agree to follow the rules of the Highway Code, Green Lane Code and club pay and play site rules whichever applies. For greenlane events; All events should adhere to the GLASS Code of Conduct, and please note that Rights Of Way often change and if a TRO (traffic regulation order) has been put in place by the local council you should not drive the lane. If you do not agree to the above you should refrain from taking part in the event.

Re: mini meet 7th august

Postby AskDean on Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:55 am

just got to sort something out for later in the year and will try to hook it up so it consindes with scotish meet so i can meet the whole bunch of smurfs

any way off to bed so cath you a morrow
AskDean
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Model: 3.2 V6 5dr
Registration Year: 2001/51
Vehicle Name: The Big Black Beasty
Modifications: LWB Unlimited 3.2 V6, Cloth , +3 Lift spring, rough country nitro +2 shocks, cat back stainless steel exhaust, AT's, 135w led spots, twin pump fed air horns, Sony 1400w explod sub, Solar and LPG converted, fridge in the back, a leggy blonde in the passenger seat and little old me at the wheel.
Region: Midlands

Postby Rifleman on Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:58 am

night mate
Regards, Keith.

1 in every 100 people are Coeliacs.
One of them is me.

2.5 TDS San Diego LWB 1997 Private reg, in blue (Braveheart)
We take the high road together

www.raeburnimages.co.uk

ImageImage
Frontera lovers from Caledonia
Land of the Claymore

ImageImage
B R A V E H E A R T
Rifleman
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Model: 2.5 TDS San Diego 5dr
Registration Year: 1997/R
Vehicle Name: Braveheart
Modifications: Bluetooth radio / CD player
4 pod 12V adaptor
Roof rack
Spare wheel on the roof rack
4 Spots on the roof rack
Extra rear lights on the roof rack
CB antenna on the roof rack
New CB
Nudge bar with spots and fogs
Grey leather interior
Engine detailing
Internal orange LED flashing warning lights
LED day lights
Region: Scotland

Postby AskDean on Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:26 am

i wnet every where he did and quite surprised him but when i left him standing going up a 40% hill he blamed it on the wieght of the truck which i have to give him his does weight nearly 4 tonne so i think it did well for where we where

he he he
AskDean
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Modifications: LWB Unlimited 3.2 V6, Cloth , +3 Lift spring, rough country nitro +2 shocks, cat back stainless steel exhaust, AT's, 135w led spots, twin pump fed air horns, Sony 1400w explod sub, Solar and LPG converted, fridge in the back, a leggy blonde in the passenger seat and little old me at the wheel.

Postby john (smifffy) on Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:36 am

AskDean wrote:i wnet every where he did and quite surprised him but when i left him standing going up a 40% hill he blamed it on the wieght of the truck which i have to give him his does weight nearly 4 tonne so i think it did well for where we where

he he he

its a bit over the legal limit for weight for axels and GVW then should be intresting if he gets a tug by the legal beagals
cheers

john (smifffy)
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Model: 2.2i 5dr
Registration Year: 1996/N
Modifications: 1996 2.2 16v diamond pack

2014 new astra 2.2 SRI cdti SS sports tourer
Region: East Anglia

Postby AskDean on Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:49 am

well no doubt the thought police have already phoned them then to report the matter
AskDean
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Postby Drift on Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:56 am

Calm down eh? John is only advising :roll:
Ste
FOG Administrator

Frontera Technical Support
Often Imitated Never Bettered

http://www.fronteraowners.co.uk
Its here, the FOG Annual Meet 2014 viewforum.php?f=123
Drift
The Man-ual
The Man-ual

Model: 2.8 TDI 5dr
Registration Year: 1995/N
Vehicle Name: Daddy's Car or Triggers Broom
Modifications: 2.8 TDI LWB
Tinkered to it's practical limits but understated, though shockingly cool (do you know her?).
She is nicccccceeee ;-)
Region: North West

Postby AskDean on Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:07 am

so i am guess it was greg who keeps deleting my post then or was that you last night who first removed the img tags of the thing and then removed it all together or am am suppose to image the the post i put in what i did in my truck today disspaperaed, or the fact my post in certian sections have gone.

just because you guys all had a fall out over the truck is your beef not mine i am on here to have a laugh and help ot as i said last night during the heealth and safety lesson and the english lesson. but if that is the way this is going to carry on what is the point of the forum if any opinion other than yours gregs or smithys is not acceptable.

i come on here for a good crack, help and to offer help from whom ever for whom ever in the areas i know and for the areas i dont i thought this was the hole point of the forum

but not to worry i will leave you lot. as not interestd in the politics as i told andy last night in this thread if it is still there.
AskDean
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Postby Drift on Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:20 am

Okay, you seem to have an issue about Bigdazz being banned, that is his problem not ours, I couldnt give a flying V6 about him.

It was not me who edited your picture post but I know who did edit it and the reason for the edit (img tags removed) was given in the edit box below the post should you care to look, the picture was too big and needed resizing, you chose to ignore this and reposted the picture, it was then subsequently removed, the rule where broken and the Mod did their job.

And as for safety, yes that is a big issue and where members can we will always offer safety advice, it stops people being killed or hurt, there is no space for foolishness in this area.
Ste
FOG Administrator

Frontera Technical Support
Often Imitated Never Bettered

http://www.fronteraowners.co.uk
Drift
The Man-ual
The Man-ual

Model: 2.8 TDI 5dr
Registration Year: 1995/N
Vehicle Name: Daddy's Car or Triggers Broom
Modifications: 2.8 TDI LWB
Tinkered to it's practical limits but understated, though shockingly cool (do you know her?).
She is nicccccceeee ;-)
Region: North West

Postby AskDean on Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:30 am

this has nothing to do with daz being banned i have not mentioned that i have have frequently what your problem is is not mine i was mentioning that what i was putting was dissapearing as i was showing the wife what i had been talking about and this was not there and that was not there and then it looked like i was being called a liar by smithy over the run way which upset her.

like i said i not on here for the politics just have a good crack, as i have explained if this is a problem for some because i am dazz's freind this is not my problem i put up a post going come and have play no one did daz came down to help me do some work on my truck and then we went and had a right ball and now all of a sudden i am causing trouble apperntly for posting about the fact i had a smashing weekend.

so that others who where interested in coming can see what a great laugh it was and so if they wanted some of the other locals who dont travel great distances as time and money dont allow every one to go off round the country for play days like some of us and so the fact i could share my good fortune with them about finding such a fun place on my door step. but if like i said i am not on here for the politics or the popularity contests on im on here to chat with like minded adults about having fun in our trucks and then fixing them when we brake them
AskDean
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Postby john (smifffy) on Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:38 am

i edited you last 5 pics to just the link so folk could still see them if the clicked on the link

as for the car being heavy i think any fronty can only weigh about 2.700kg loaded with a gross train weight ( with trailer) of about 4.200kg

your post is a bit like me going on a truck forum an saying i drove a 7.5t truck but loaded it to 13 ton your just asking for flak

most people on here know what a fronty can do when i had my 2.4 i towed an artic about 80ft that ecu imobilizer would not let it start away from a fire
it weighed 35t but in 4x4 first low i got it away from the danger which was on private property

i never called you a liar i just asked why you had street light flash's on you dash there are no lights on the A46 so just wondered
cheers

john (smifffy)
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Postby AskDean on Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:44 am

no lights just about 20 miles of road works with lights or have you not been down the a46 in the last 2 years as there widening the road

and when i say about 4 tonne i have not had it on the scales i am just refering to the amount of junk on it and macking a rough guess ok.

will find the correct info later to clarify things so no confusion over kerb weight and maxum axle weight as interesed just to see what the limit is.
AskDean
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Postby john (smifffy) on Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:40 pm

just open the bonnet and read the plate it shouls be on panel near lock if not on door post
it will tell axel 1 weight axel 2weight 3 GVW 4 GTW

funny you should mention the A46 i use to go up it every day to the raf newton estate
an gained acesses via newton lane and when leaving had to turn left as no right turn onto A46 & up to round about to head down A46
which is just round the corner from where you live

so i think i know it plus i went past the area friday on the way to normanton & dewsbury :drink:
cheers

john (smifffy)
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Postby AskDean on Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:54 pm

then you know what i mean about the road works and the lights then as they have moved the fence back to the airfeild and messed with the entrance you have to go about half a mile up the road and snake back the last time i went over making a right mess of the countryside but should free up the traffic a treat once it is finished. 2 petrol stations are going to stuffed as they have moved the road from between them to behind one of them about 200yrds so the jet on the left is going to be ok he can put roads down the back the total the other side is shutting donw as no way people will drive round 2 round abouts to get to them.
AskDean
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Postby 4x4 bobby on Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:57 am

If people have gripes with others on this forum please use Private PM. This is the area to discus/arrange/review Midlands Events it is Not a debating Forum.

Bobster.
Comments on Betsy here please!!! viewtopic.php?f=115&t=56282

Bobster!!!!

Frontera's do it better in MUD!!!
West Midlands Area Rep

4x4 bobby
Satanic Mechanic
Satanic Mechanic

Model: 2.2 DTI 5dr
Registration Year: 2000/W
Vehicle Name: Betsy
Modifications: Light bar. CB attena on rear door. Wider wheels from an "A" series.

Postby john (smifffy) on Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:14 am

back on thread

if you want to do go that fast with all that power why not volunteer an tow the gliders up :D
cheers

john (smifffy)
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Postby AskDean on Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:57 am

was thinking of offerin the roof as a landing pad and borrowing andyclemos roof rack :dance: :dance: :dance:
AskDean
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Previous

Return to Midlands events