// Frontera Technical Support • View topic - Riphay scuffle

Riphay scuffle

Latest news on Frontera Owners Group events, meets, greelaning & offroad
Forum rules
Disclaimer:
Please understand that the Frontera Owners Group or any organiser of events will not be held responsible for any loss, damage, accident or injury caused by attending an event. You are responsible for your passengers and for your own safety and should carry the necessary recovery and safety equipment. You agree to follow the rules of the Highway Code, Green Lane Code and club pay and play site rules whichever applies. For greenlane events; All events should adhere to the GLASS Code of Conduct, and please note that Rights Of Way often change and if a TRO (traffic regulation order) has been put in place by the local council you should not drive the lane. If you do not agree to the above you should refrain from taking part in the event.

Riphay scuffle

Postby Retro Pedro on Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:56 pm

Anybody heard of the Riphay Scuffle being held somewhere in Devon on 6th August? Can't be more specific than that because I don't know the exact location - need to google to see if there is a place called Riphay.
One of lads I worked with as got relatives in Devon that attend this meat every year in their Landies. Apparently the scuffle is an annual event that has been staged yearly since 1987. Described it a large off road circular course with loads of challengers to overcome. Not racing against others, only yourself with no bumping unless you request it. Open to all motors that want to attend with an entry fee payable at the gate. Steve (my ex work mate) reckons they get upwards of over 300 motors taking part so it sounds like quite an event. He's off to join in this years fun in his 90.
He said the only downer for this year's event is that there will be no beer tent and a police presence. Prior to that, reckoned it was quite a ball.

EDIT
Just found some links
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=10150110811495483

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6pkmUNfdbk
http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=3966219283
Retro Pedro
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Model: 2.8 TDI Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1995/N
Vehicle Name: Grandads Tractor
Modifications: A few suspension modifications to assist with ground clearance and fitting of bigger tyres.
Region: South East

Re: Riphay scuffle

Postby BoxCleva on Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:03 pm

BoxCleva
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Location: North Wales, not to far from the Wayfarer- Between Wrexham and Oswestry
Vehicle Name: sack o sheet
Modifications: Beemer e46
Region: North West

Postby AskDean on Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:12 pm

AskDean
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Model: 3.2 V6 5dr
Registration Year: 2001/51
Vehicle Name: The Big Black Beasty
Modifications: LWB Unlimited 3.2 V6, Cloth , +3 Lift spring, rough country nitro +2 shocks, cat back stainless steel exhaust, AT's, 135w led spots, twin pump fed air horns, Sony 1400w explod sub, Solar and LPG converted, fridge in the back, a leggy blonde in the passenger seat and little old me at the wheel.
Region: Midlands

Postby BoxCleva on Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:15 pm

Hmm, didn't realise they were getting sloshed then driving - unless I've misunderstood the intro to one of the vids. :?
BoxCleva
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Location: North Wales, not to far from the Wayfarer- Between Wrexham and Oswestry
Vehicle Name: sack o sheet
Modifications: Beemer e46

Postby alsavs on Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:50 pm

Perhaps thats why there is no beer tent this year..
Alan.
alsavs
my other cars a frontera
my other cars a frontera

Model: 2.4 5dr
Registration Year: 1992/K
Modifications: Non as yet
Region: South East

Postby steveM on Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:25 pm

Way out of my league.... loved the raised Mini though! 8) :lol:
steveM
my other cars a frontera
my other cars a frontera

Registration Year: 1998/R
Modifications: 2.0 Sport Transglobe.
Inherited K&N filter
R/diff sorted
31x10.5 15's
August jobs:
+4" suspension,
Fuel pipes, s/s straps, recon the guard,
Service
Region: South Wales

Postby woodwizzard on Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:46 pm

This is a 5 minute walk from me. Can't understand why so many turn up for it :? All I ever hear from those that go is how clogged up it gets with stuck/broken down motors, which makes it hard to drive anywhere. It was always just a big p~ss up/hill-billy event. Two young boys died in a car accident on their way home from it last year and I'm glad there was a police and VOSA presence. The roads around the site are normaly covered in mud and crap from all the vehicles leaving the site, not to mention broken down wrecks, but this year was better, probably due to the police being around. This is one event the 4x4 world could do without, just my opinion.
woodwizzard
Ace Fella
Ace Fella

Model: 2.2 DTi 16v RS Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 2001/Y
Region: South West

Postby furball on Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:56 pm

That first vid looked like the 4x4 equivalent of the riots. Nothing but a bunch of yobs destroying someone's property for fun :?
Don't grow up, just get bigger toys
My truck... http://www.fronteraowners.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=27556
furball
frontera God
frontera God

Model: 2.2 DTI 5dr
Registration Year: 2003/03

Return to Offroad Events and Meetings