// Frontera Technical Support • View topic - Landy Rally Euro 4x4 Charity Drive 14-22 Sept 2011

Landy Rally Euro 4x4 Charity Drive 14-22 Sept 2011

Forum rules
Disclaimer:
Please understand that the Frontera Owners Group or any organiser of events will not be held responsible for any loss, damage, accident or injury caused by attending an event. You are responsible for your passengers and for your own safety and should carry the necessary recovery and safety equipment. You agree to follow the rules of the Highway Code, Green Lane Code and club pay and play site rules whichever applies. For greenlane events; All events should adhere to the GLASS Code of Conduct, and please note that Rights Of Way often change and if a TRO (traffic regulation order) has been put in place by the local council you should not drive the lane. If you do not agree to the above you should refrain from taking part in the event.

Landy Rally Euro 4x4 Charity Drive 14-22 Sept 2011

Postby Tom Mc on Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:00 pm

What is Landy Rally?

Launched in 2007, Landy Rally is a 3,000 mile / 4,500 km mile non-speed charity drive for all makes of non-modified 4x4 vehicle covering 11 countries in 9 days. Teams raise funds for their nominated charities, no min/max limits.

Starting in Valkenburg near Maastricht, Holland, we pass through the Black Forest in Germany, drive the legendary Stelvio Pass in the Italian Alps plus a further two mountain passes, BBQ & off-roading at Val d’Isere in the French Alps (the largest and highest off-road site in Europe at 2,700m), camping alongside Lake Como in Italy, a night at a Mediterranean beach resort in the Languedoc-Roussillon region of southern France, shopping in the duty-free Principality of Andorra, driving across the magical Spanish Pyrenees (tarmac & off-road including two evening dinners included in the entry fee), off-road driving + BBQ with a local french 4x4 club in the beautiful Dordogne region, concluding with a prize-giving dinner in Calais. All this plus the teams have raised thousands for their nominated charities every year – over £100,000 since we started! Who can ask for more? The camaraderie and fun associated with Land Rally is an experience you will never forget!!

See http://www.landyrally.com for details.
Tom Mc
Apprentice Frontera engineer

Vehicle Name: Range Rover Classic
Modifications: Ambulance-soon-to-be-camper
Region: Midlands

Re: Landy Rally Euro 4x4 Charity Drive 14-22 Sept 2011

Postby wideformat on Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:59 pm

Hi Tom

You will be getting my deposit for the 2011 event in January, need to get Christmas out of the way first.
I will be trying to raise money for the http://www.welcomestgeorges.co.uk in my Frontera sport along with a friend in his LR110
I would prefer a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.
Seek not excess, God hates he who roams !
wideformat
GURU
GURU

Model: 2.2i 5dr
Registration Year: 1997/P
Vehicle Name: More Trouble
Modifications: 2" lift with Disco springs and Rough Country shocks
16" wheels with Maletester Sahara tyres
CB Radio.
Life hammer, compressor, new head gasket
Region: Southern England

Postby Tom Mc on Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:42 am

Wey hey!!! Even better as you'd create a first, for out of all the different 4x4's entered to date, we've never had a Fronty take part! First already and you haven't entered! :wink:

Anything you need to know in the meantime, don't hesitate to PM/email/phone me. BTW, what's the charity all about as I don't speak Egyptian. It looks like the aftermath of an earthquake ... am I right?
Tom Mc

Postby wideformat on Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:58 pm

Tom Mc wrote:Wey hey!!! Even better as you'd create a first, for out of all the different 4x4's entered to date, we've never had a Fronty take part! First already and you haven't entered! :wink:
Anything you need to know in the meantime, don't hesitate to PM/email/phone me. BTW, what's the charity all about as I don't speak Egyptian. It looks like the aftermath of an earthquake ... am I right?

The web site http://www.welcomestgeorges.co.uk is not finished as yet and we are still waiting for the charity number, it's been approved but tied up in administration for nearly 2 month's now.

It's an orphanage for the children of the rubbish village in Cairo.
A friend of mine came across it on a trip to Egypt, he wanted to see the local sight's of Cairo while on a fact finding mission that will fund trips to a retreat on the Red Sea coast for the Christian children in a Muslim country.

He told me about the children left outside the orphanage in the morning by parents who work in the garbage village and who are not collected at the end of the working day because they are killed by falling mountains of rubbish or gangs of raiders who attack them to steal anything of any value.

Now I am not in the slightest religious and don't care what the followers of god in any guise do or don't do to each other but I am a parent and as such don't like to see children of whatever religion or race suffer. (off the soap box now)

It would be great if as many people as possible could follow me on twitter "wideformat4x4" as I am hoping to attract sponsors by advertising on the Fronty it's self for the next 9 months and also putting an advert on both twitter and a facebook page (yet to be sorted)
wideformat
GURU
GURU

CB Radio.

Postby Tom Mc on Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:41 am

With you all the way about the religious thing, but fair play about the kids on the street part. Good luck in your gaining awareness/fund-raising efforts.
Tom Mc

Postby wideformat on Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:55 pm

Got my first pledge of £1000 today.

A big thank you to Digipress Ltd
wideformat
GURU
GURU

CB Radio.

Postby Tom Mc on Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:16 pm

Blimey ... good start! :dance:
Tom Mc

Postby Tom Mc on Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:38 pm

Thought I'd whet your appetite, although it would be good to see another marque take the laurels rather than solely Land Rovers ...

Landy Rally Winner 2007 (Defender 110) – “Sparks Will Fly” – UK

Landy Rally Winner 2008 (Defender 110) – “Stuck In The Mud” – UK

Landy Rally Winner 2009 (Defender 130) – “Landyprikkers 1” – Holland

Landy Rally Winner 2010 (G4 Discovery II) – “The Flintstones” – Holland

Tom Mc

Return to General Events