// Frontera Technical Support • View topic - Buildwas mud

Buildwas mud

Latest news on Frontera Owners Group events, meets, greelaning & offroad
Forum rules
Disclaimer:
Please understand that the Frontera Owners Group or any organiser of events will not be held responsible for any loss, damage, accident or injury caused by attending an event. You are responsible for your passengers and for your own safety and should carry the necessary recovery and safety equipment. You agree to follow the rules of the Highway Code, Green Lane Code and club pay and play site rules whichever applies. For greenlane events; All events should adhere to the GLASS Code of Conduct, and please note that Rights Of Way often change and if a TRO (traffic regulation order) has been put in place by the local council you should not drive the lane. If you do not agree to the above you should refrain from taking part in the event.

Buildwas mud

Postby darkwolfe on Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:36 pm

Hi guys

Went to Buildwas at the weekend with my bro (defender) and a mate (trooper), we got a bit muddy so thought I'd post a couple of pics.

Gotta say that the mud was slippy, my A/Ts made little difference and full on muds didn't fare much better. There were a couple of fronteras there and the one had a solid front axle which raised the thing a few feet higher. Anyway good day if a little difficult in some places, but that adds to the fun right???

darkwolfe
Apprentice Frontera engineer

Model: 2.0i Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1998/S
Vehicle Name: shed
Modifications: some mud tyres, snorkel, sus lift.
Region: North West

Re: Buildwas mud

Postby drinksoptional on Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:41 pm

looks a good un an tell me how did your spare wheel stay white?
1989 Isuzu Trooper 2.6 (3.1 conversion )
1990 Isuzu Bighorn Lotus Edition Hi roof 2.8td
1998 Vauxhall Omega Estate Elite 3.0 v6
drinksoptional
Its My Avatar Get Your Own

Region: Scotland

Postby darkwolfe on Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:50 pm

Very disappointed in my spare wheel, I managed to get some splatter on the tyre but the rim remained virgin White the whole day :(
darkwolfe

Postby drinksoptional on Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:24 pm

the trooper with the reg hanging off now thats funny
1989 Isuzu Trooper 2.6 (3.1 conversion )
1990 Isuzu Bighorn Lotus Edition Hi roof 2.8td
1998 Vauxhall Omega Estate Elite 3.0 v6
drinksoptional
Its My Avatar Get Your Own

Region: Scotland

Postby darkwolfe on Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:48 pm

The trooper had been bought the weekend before and my mate had spent all week cleaning it, really smelled nice inside and spotless outside. However the car only had road tyres on so wasn't really up to too much on the day, so my mate asked my bro if he could take the defender for a spin, bro said yes and he was off like a shot...... leaving us with a car that had seen little action on the day and in pristine condition.

Now, given the keys to an immaculate car on such an occassion there's only one thing you can do, nail it through the mud and water. It slipped a little and could barely pull itself out the carpark but the effort was worth it. My mates face was a picture when he came back and respect to the car the only thing that fell off was the number plat :axe: e.
darkwolfe

Postby Postfinder on Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:02 am

Make sure you clean all that mud from underneath, as that stuff from Buildwas sets like blooming concrete if you let it dry out :wink:
Postfinder
Move the tree Postfinder is here

Modifications: The biggest hazard to my truck is Me.

"there is nothing wrong with getting a Sport airborne, bad things only happen when you land"!!

Postby cabbagepatchkid on Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:00 pm

we were there August last year with a group from itocuk and had a great time. Your right about the mud seeting like concrete. We had sun in the morning and the track was dusty however at lunch time it rained for about 45 mins and it was so dramatically different. i had full muds so faired ok but it was chaos. the first from the pond to the top track was just insane the car was sliding sideways and then slipping into ruts and then you were thrown the other way :D :D :D :D :D :clap:
The ownership changed for a while don't know if it still is but when we went we camped on site for 3 nights and use of the whole place for £40 each although we could only go off roading on the Sat. someone told me it about £40 for the day now. :thumbdown:
cabbagepatchkid

Model: 2.4 5dr
Registration Year: 1994/L
Modifications: 2 inch lift
marshall venture m/t 31x10.5
modded front and rear bumpers
roof light bar with 6 spots
bull bar with 2 spots
rock sliders fitted
spare wheel moved to roof
under body armour apparently
Region: Midlands