// Frontera Technical Support • View topic - More bad press

More bad press

Forum rules
Disclaimer:
Please understand that the Frontera Owners Group or any organiser of events will not be held responsible for any loss, damage, accident or injury caused by attending an event. You are responsible for your passengers and for your own safety and should carry the necessary recovery and safety equipment. You agree to follow the rules of the Highway Code, Green Lane Code and club pay and play site rules whichever applies. For greenlane events; All events should adhere to the GLASS Code of Conduct, and please note that Rights Of Way often change and if a TRO (traffic regulation order) has been put in place by the local council you should not drive the lane. If you do not agree to the above you should refrain from taking part in the event.

Re: More bad press

Postby FUDDY MUCKER on Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:36 pm

Drift wrote: remember when TOR is placed on a lane other user such as horses can not use the lane either.

Well you learn something everyday. Ithought it was just motorised vehicles.

Does that include everything, ramblers, mountain bikers ?????
FUDDY MUCKER
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Region: Midlands

Postby Drift on Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:42 pm

No ramblers have the right to roam, horses are stopped for safety reasons depending on the reason for the TRO and a TRO goes for trail riders as well :wink:

Mountain bikes I think do not count, will need to check that out.
Ste
FOG Administrator

Frontera Technical Support
Often Imitated Never Bettered

http://www.fronteraowners.co.uk
Its here, the FOG Annual Meet 2014 viewforum.php?f=123
Drift
The Man-ual
The Man-ual

Model: 2.8 TDI 5dr
Registration Year: 1995/N
Vehicle Name: Daddy's Car or Triggers Broom
Modifications: 2.8 TDI LWB
Tinkered to it's practical limits but understated, though shockingly cool (do you know her?).
She is nicccccceeee ;-)
Region: North West

Postby FUDDY MUCKER on Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:49 pm

Drift wrote:No ramblers have the right to roam.

I thought the new Right Of Access law, covered Ramblers, and the fact that they can basically "Go Anywhere" ????
FUDDY MUCKER
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Postby Drift on Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:28 pm

Yup, thats what I meant, they have the right to roam, badly written :oops:

http://www.ramblers.org.uk/freedom
Ste
FOG Administrator

Drift
The Man-ual
The Man-ual

Tinkered to it's practical limits but understated, though shockingly cool (do you know her?).
She is nicccccceeee ;-)

Postby FUDDY MUCKER on Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:50 pm

BLOODY RAMBLERS !!!!

I remember some time ago, Maddonna having a battle with the woolly hat brigade cos they where rambling on her estate using an accient, long forgotten foot path, that as far as anyone could remember had not been used or even listed on any map for decades.

Then one smart asre rambler finds the path on an internet website, realises who the land belongs to, tell all his mate and then on a daily basis, has hoards of knobs wander right past Madonna's windows to her mansion ..........

She took the local council to court, Yes, you guessed it, in court SHE LOST !!!!!
Last edited by FUDDY MUCKER on Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
FUDDY MUCKER
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Postby Drift on Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:54 pm

The thing is though, thats exactly what we do when we find an old unused lane :|
Ste
FOG Administrator

Drift
The Man-ual
The Man-ual

She is nicccccceeee ;-)

Postby FUDDY MUCKER on Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:56 pm

So basically, if the council cant stop ramblers using accient paths or right of ways, then what right have they got to stop us using those same accient lanes in our 4x4's ????

Surley there must be some legal and political debate there ????????
FUDDY MUCKER
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Postby Drift on Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:11 pm

To save me a lot of typing its all contained in these link about the NERC Bill :wink:

http://www.glass-uk.org/index.php?optio ... temid=1186

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/p ... 006023.htm

Though some lanes are under dispute at the moment.
Ste
FOG Administrator

Drift
The Man-ual
The Man-ual

She is nicccccceeee ;-)

Postby Roo on Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:23 pm

Wasn't that guy on the bike, just going anywhere, not keeping to the lanes and that is why he got charged and his bike crushed?

Sorry if I have got it wrong :oops: :oops:
Kind Regards Image

My tyres are larger than my IQ!

Member's Rides.. Gracie May
Comments on Gracie May
Roo
Cruella Deville hellooo doggies
Cruella Deville hellooo doggies

Model: 2.0i Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1996/P
Vehicle Name: Gracie May
Modifications: ............3"Lift :O)
.........C.B +5ft Aerial..
....Sports Steering Wheel..
.........Snorkel :O)
Region: Mid Wales

Postby furio on Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:31 pm

Roo wrote:Wasn't that guy on the bike, just going anywhere, not keeping to the lanes and that is why he got charged and his bike crushed?

Sorry if I have got it wrong :oops: :oops:

Thats as far as I understand it Roo, and am familiar with the area they are talking about, the point is the whole report was completely anti 4x4 / bike and implied any use of motorised vehicles in the countryside is "dangerous and illegal". It is this implication that annoys me and the fact that joe public should telephone a hotline to report any "illegal" activity. So what happens when they report (possibly one of us) for driving a lane which is perfectly legal leading to pc plod waiting at the end of said lane or on my doorstep. Sadly as with firearms law, I do not have the faith in the police to know whether the lane is legal or not. This is just one reason for joining Crag or glass, some kind of backup and access to trailwise and area reps who can give you a reasonably definitive answer as to whether a lane is 100% legal or not. These groups are fighting for our rights as responsible laners and therefore to me as a lane user they require my (our) support to continue to do so.
Someone mention laning? Just tell me when and where!
furio
GURU
GURU

Registration Year: 1998/R
Modifications: Marix Puma MT's
CB
Manual Cooling Fan Switch
Snorkel
Old Man Emu Suspension lift
Roof lights
Raised Axle Breathers
Region: North Wales

Postby jammywagonwheel on Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:24 pm

Report this postReply with quoteRe: More bad press
by furio on Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:52 pm

http://www.north-wales.police.uk/nwpv2/ ... d=PR377454

More here.Someone mention laning? Just tell me when and where!

Erm.. I Just read this article and had a look at the picture in the top right of their page of the valliant crusaders against the "wanton distruction by Blitzkrieg Bikers". Ive copied it to my desktop (right click - save target as...) and had a look at it.. here it is a bit bigger than the version on the website...

Whats wrong with the picture???
They all have nice clean shoes... ?
Nope, but they do, so they have either flown in by helicopter, or driven there.. or have all brought clean shoes with them... Hmmm - or not

They all look very efficient and dynamic (in a pro acive way) scanning the horizon for 'LAW-BREAKERS'??
Could be...

The 4X4 neo nazi brigade have invaded and the rampaging thug motorcyclists recklessly tearing around...?
Close... getting warmer..

The churned up path???
Bingo... thats where the offences took place.. look at it.. its all rutted and knackered, ruined by all those beastly 4x4's and bikes, not by the walkers!

Look again.. If you notice, the "ruts" have snow in them.. and are V shaped in cross section, NOT square bottomed (like a tyre track?) and they are not parralel, then again, not actually straight.. the damage is caused by..... ready... 10 points to the first correct answer out of this hat...

Water run off... Probably from the melting snow...
and theres a nice fence in the background in the top right hand corner (THE CAR PARK) which means this is a heavily TRODDEN path.
Its also the middle of winter which by default means that things tend to slow down their growth.. and as such they take longer to recover.

The photo is from the Horseshoe Pass, Llangollen.. see here... http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=horseshoe+pass+llangollen&rls=com.microsoft:en-gb:IE-SearchBox&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7ADFA_en&redir_esc=&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=Horseshoe+Pass,+Llangollen,+Clwyd+LL20&gl=uk&ei=tcWLS-OeN9i4jAeJicHXDA&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CAcQ8gEwAA, this is from Google maps.. Very Scenic (which it is,).. even down to the 2 Quarries within 1/2 mile of the pass itself, erm.. how is the quarried material extracted? Will power?

Grrrr.
We are law abiding people going around doing LEGALLY what we do, Why should we roll over because some furry toothed, lentil munching sandal wearing member of the windcheeta brigade says stop.. Surely they should Stop the pedestrians (the worst litterers I might add), Horses, tourists, sheep, dogs, Goats (Snowdon), mountain bikers, pushchairs etc from using it as well? shut down the Lake district, scotland, the penines etc to ALL forms of traffic, if its not tarmac'd, its not legal - and see what happens. If that were to happen, I will quite happily stop greenlaning, off roading or dragging their cars out of ditches next time it snows, The Paths - Bridleways are by their very name - a PUBLIC right of way and should be open to all - not a chosen few.

I will quite happily pay for a permit which can be prominately displayed in the front / rear of my vehicle so should anyone have an issue and "takes a picture on a mobile phone" and reports me to the police - The permit will be clearly visable. My MOT / TAX & Insurance is all up to date, more than can be said for any of the other users... Mountain Bikers especially.. try around Beddgelert / Betws-y-Coed, LLanberis pass in the summer.. its lethal!

Rant over...
John
You cant polish a t*rd..
But you can roll it in glitter

if its broken - fix it
if it isnt - mod it!
jammywagonwheel
Organic Modifications
Organic Modifications

Vehicle Name: Martha Farquah
Modifications: #1 - Martha
1995 2.0 sport, 2" lift, 31/10.5/15's
passed MOT,
new front pads & calipers
Broke it
Bled,
Sworn,
Cried,
Hit it with hammers
Fixed it
Region: South East

Postby furio on Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:19 pm

Some interesting observations there jammywagonwheel! That same article does at least acknowledge the use of greenlanes :

Nick Critchley added: “There is a network of roads suitable for road-legal off-road capable vehicles and this information can be found on Ordnance Survey maps and through local authorities.

I guess it goes back to the age old mantra "stick to the ROW".
Someone mention laning? Just tell me when and where!
furio
GURU
GURU

Registration Year: 1998/R
Modifications: Marix Puma MT's
CB
Manual Cooling Fan Switch
Snorkel
Old Man Emu Suspension lift
Roof lights
Raised Axle Breathers
Region: North Wales

Postby Frenchfarmer on Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:28 pm

Stick loads of tacky pictures of pheasants and deer all over your motor.
Wear waxed cotton jackets and have a Black AND a Golden Labrador in the back.
Put some red lipstick smears on the children's cheeks.
They'll think you are a load of toffs out hunting and say nothing.
You might be rich landowners.
Even better; hang a stuffed fox or deer over the bull bar.
I'm only sarcastic while I'm awake.
Usually from 10am till late.
Above all remember that some of the people who own the land have worked really hard to be able to own or lease the land and are trying hard to make a living despite all the rule and regulations and FFFFFFng paperwork just so that the Supermarkets can stitch them up.
One third for the farm/business, one third for the government and the rest for accountants and a bite to eat.
If you need something done quickly just ask a busy woman then get the f"k out of her way.
Frenchfarmer
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Registration Year: 1996/N
Vehicle Name: His (Her's is a Tranny.)
Modifications: Sept 27 2010 6pm. DMF bolted.
It works!!!!
Region: International

Postby yaki on Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:09 am

I've seriously been considering investing in a RoadHawk, should solve any problem with getting accused of illegal behavior :idea:

What is really motivating me is last year I was involved in an accident with a 12 year old Disco, I stopped and he didn't and took out his front wing and drivers door before stopping. Then the plonker pops it into first and drives on taking out the rear door and wing :roll:

Only damage to mine was a dented bumper end cap and side light. Had a letter off the insurance few weeks back and as it was a narrow road with no road markings plus no independent witness they have gone 50:50 on the repair bills.

My bill £0-00 as I didn't bother claiming

His bill was £19,000 and my insurance is paying half of it :shock: :shock: :shock:

If I had a Roadhawk it would be a no brainer and the plonker wouldn't have a leg to stand on plus it would cover my butt as to any accusations of illegal laning
Soon to be without a Frontera after 10 years of owning one :-(
yaki
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Model: 2.8 TDI Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1996/P
Vehicle Name: Eric
Modifications: A few

Front Winch & Bumper
MR2 Seats
+4" Springs
+4" Rough Country Shocks
Calmini Front Arms
Trooper Front Axle
Front Aussie Locker
Rear Trooper Axle
Rear Aussie Locker
35mm Diff Drop
12mm Ball Joint Spacers
33" Tyres
80mm Body Lift
Extended Axle Breathers
Aisin Manual Hubs
Rear Recovery Bumper
Braided Brake Hoses
EGR System Removed
DeCat
Fuel Tank Lift
Front & Rear Anti-Roll bar removed
Roof Console
EGT/Boost Gauge and Inclinometer in Centre Console
Region: South Wales

Postby Frenchfarmer on Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:39 am

FUDDY MUCKER wrote:BLOODY RAMBLERS !!!!

I remember some time ago, Maddonna having a battle with the woolly hat brigade cos they where rambling on her estate using an accient, long forgotten foot path, that as far as anyone could remember had not been used or even listed on any map for decades.

Then one smart asre rambler finds the path on an internet website, realises who the land belongs to, tell all his mate and then on a daily basis, has hoards of knobs wander right past Madonna's windows to her mansion ..........

She took the local council to court, Yes, you guessed it, in court SHE LOST !!!!!

Most Ramblers are Townies.
Imagine if you tried to walk through their garden.
Just like the townies round here who think that because it is Christmas they can walk onto our land and cut Holly for them and their neighbours. " I know this place where there's lots of it so don't bother buying any"

Now I know none of the Foggers have this attitude.
Ok if it is hanging over into the public lane/ right of way then it is acceptable to take just enough for your own decorations. If it is for commercial sale or for gifts to neighbours then it is theft.
I defend the rights of way but not the right to treat the countryside like it is something that the government maintains for the pleasure of the city dwelling tax payers. It is the local council that has to maintain the rights of way but it is city dwellers who trash them but call it a free day out while wearing hundreds of pounds worth of (made in far eastern child labour sweat shops ) sweaters that have "freedom to roam" written on them. How much "freedom to roam" do the poor folk who make them have?
But where do the local councils get their funding? From the local rate payer.
If you need something done quickly just ask a busy woman then get the f"k out of her way.
Frenchfarmer
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Registration Year: 1996/N
Vehicle Name: His (Her's is a Tranny.)
Modifications: Sept 27 2010 6pm. DMF bolted.
It works!!!!
Region: International

Previous

Return to Greenlaning Fording