// Frontera Technical Support • View topic - iam a idot / got stuck bad

iam a idot / got stuck bad

South of Birmingham

Yeovil to cornwall incl sw
Forum rules
Disclaimer:
Please understand that the Frontera Owners Group or any organiser of events will not be held responsible for any loss, damage, accident or injury caused by attending an event. You are responsible for your passengers and for your own safety and should carry the necessary recovery and safety equipment. You agree to follow the rules of the Highway Code, Green Lane Code and club pay and play site rules whichever applies. For greenlane events; All events should adhere to the GLASS Code of Conduct, and please note that Rights Of Way often change and if a TRO (traffic regulation order) has been put in place by the local council you should not drive the lane. If you do not agree to the above you should refrain from taking part in the event.

iam a idot / got stuck bad

Postby combatcoupe96 on Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:00 am

Hi all ,
went out yesturday with my missis and a mate to a green lane that a so called mate said is just a green lane which was meant to be just a green lane a couple puddles/no hills will take me 10 mins to drive down . which was not the case , 5 mins into the lane it turned into the woarse night ive had in years . was driving along at low speed in 2nd gear . just enjoying the drive . then we turned a corner and ended up in a huge hole . lane had a ditch either side and the ditchs had merged across the lane . the truck ended up nose down in the soup with the front wheels just hanging in the soup . and back wheels in the air . truck was resting on the rear leaf springs .this happened at half 6 pm . after 20 mins of trying to get her out . we called a mate how said he had just got a frontera . so while he was coming to help us we walked out of the lane to meet him . then it got woarse . mate turned up and got stuck 20 feet from mine . pushed his truck out after 20 mins . got his truck out . then got it out of the lane . couple of mates turned up then and after 4 hrs of pushing/pulling/lifting ,pallets/bricks under everywhere . after bad backs/cuts/wet/muddy and a couple falls into the ditch we got it out . it was the best filling ever and some how it felt like a great night , not sure why . times like that are when you find out who your real mates are so just want to say thanks to my missis jimma dan and the machine of a man ryan . anyway just want to say , i messed up and i am never going out alone and in the dark ever again .
and is their any advice i can get in what is the min of equipment to leave in the truck .
regards kev
LIVING THE 4X4 DREAM , I THINK
combatcoupe96
Fronty Engineer
Fronty Engineer

Model: 2.8 TDI 5dr
Registration Year: 1996/N
Modifications: nothing yet , on this site to learn
Region: South West

Re: iam a idot / got stuck bad

Postby jellybaby on Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:41 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: been there done that as for what to stick in the truck shovel strong rope or recovery strop shackles jack but one of the best bits of advice is what you already know don't go on your own
The only boundry is your imagination.
Jellybaby (Dave Jellyman)
jellybaby
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Vehicle Name: Madge
Modifications: Mitsubishi shotgun mk2
Standard
CB
On board Wi-Fi
Region: Midlands

Postby Trugga on Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:48 am

I know what you mean in that you did not go looking for adventure but having come away experiencing it.

For tips/information re green laning, have a look through the stickiess (threads locked to the top) in this section of the forum: viewforum.php?f=44

Lawrence
Trugga
Da Prof!
Da Prof!

Model: 2.0i Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1994/L
Vehicle Name: Little Blue Bug
Modifications: # ARB Winch bumper
# Wireless operated Warn Winch
# Jackable rockslider sills
# Safety Devices roll cage
# Roof level tree bars
# Roof mounted waffle boards
# Underbody protection
# Smaller, higher fuel tank
# Buttock tuck with protectors
# Cobra Aqua4x4 competition seats
# 3-point harnesses
# Terratrip
# GTE digital dash
# Bonnet pins
# AVM manual front hubs
# FIA battery master switch
# Ally Chequerplate footwells
# De-Cat, straight thro' zorst
# 2" Lift, +2" Rough Country shocks

Postby woodwizzard on Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:48 am

The most useful equipment will already be in the truck....your legs. Have a walk of the lane and see what is ahead, if in doubt turn about :lol: If you must go alone then a hand winch, strops and a spade will get you out of most things, but as you said try and have another vehicle following. Make sure each vehicle clears the obstacle in turn or you all end up stuck in the same spot :lol:
woodwizzard
Ace Fella
Ace Fella

Model: 2.2 DTi 16v RS Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 2001/Y

Postby dbb123 on Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:24 pm

Sounds like you had a great night.
Glad everything worked out in the end.
dbb123
Fronty Engineer
Fronty Engineer

Modifications: None yet!
Region: East Anglia

Postby Fronty81 on Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:27 pm

combatcoupe96 wrote:Hi all ,
went out yesturday with my missis and a mate to a green lane that a so called mate said is just a green lane which was meant to be just a green lane a couple puddles/no hills will take me 10 mins to drive down . which was not the case , 5 mins into the lane it turned into the woarse night ive had in years . was driving along at low speed in 2nd gear . just enjoying the drive . then we turned a corner and ended up in a huge hole . lane had a ditch either side and the ditchs had merged across the lane . the truck ended up nose down in the soup with the front wheels just hanging in the soup . and back wheels in the air . truck was resting on the rear leaf springs .this happened at half 6 pm . after 20 mins of trying to get her out . we called a mate how said he had just got a frontera . so while he was coming to help us we walked out of the lane to meet him . then it got woarse . mate turned up and got stuck 20 feet from mine . pushed his truck out after 20 mins . got his truck out . then got it out of the lane . couple of mates turned up then and after 4 hrs of pushing/pulling/lifting ,pallets/bricks under everywhere . after bad backs/cuts/wet/muddy and a couple falls into the ditch we got it out . it was the best filling ever and some how it felt like a great night , not sure why . times like that are when you find out who your real mates are so just want to say thanks to my missis jimma dan and the machine of a man ryan . anyway just want to say , i messed up and i am never going out alone and in the dark ever again .
and is their any advice i can get in what is the min of equipment to leave in the truck .
regards kev

That happened to me about 2 weeks ago! Had to walk 4 miles to the phone box.... Car had to wait overnight until the morning, when a mate could pull it out...know the feeling mate.
Rolling Thunder, "Wagons Role".
IT'S NOT A JEEP!!
Fronty81
How Many Posts
How Many Posts

Model: 2.2 DTI 5dr
Registration Year: 1999/V
Modifications: Insa Safari's x4...
2" Lift

Postby combatcoupe96 on Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:05 pm

i d rather have another night like that . than stay home and watch tv . loved it . after the truck was free .
LIVING THE 4X4 DREAM , I THINK
combatcoupe96
Fronty Engineer
Fronty Engineer

Model: 2.8 TDI 5dr
Modifications: nothing yet , on this site to learn

Postby brachunky on Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:39 pm

As said, its the golden rule-at least two vehicles :D One things for sure,its made you a bit wiser :wink:
Martin
brachunky
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Modifications: 1997 Jeep Cherokee 2.5 td VM
3 inch suspension lift
31 10.5 Muds
Safari Snorkel

Postby meooo on Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:07 pm

brachunky wrote:As said, its the golden rule-at least two vehicles :D One things for sure,its made you a bit wiser :wink:

Three if its a Lame-rover :lol: :lol:
What have I told you about Thinking Erroll??
meooo
Cookie monster
Cookie monster

Model: 2.0i Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1998/S
Vehicle Name: dead
Modifications: it was a Transglobe really
Still sporting Salisbury mud
front bumper teddy bear added just to annoy the dog
Gone to meet its maker :(
Replaced with a new Corsa 1.3dti (which is no good off-road:()

Postby brachunky on Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:36 pm

meooo wrote:
brachunky wrote:As said, its the golden rule-at least two vehicles :D One things for sure,its made you a bit wiser :wink:

Well I'll give an honest answer to that in about 6 months time :wink: All I know is despite all the rattles & noise, she climbs like a mountain goat :lol: :lol:
Martin
brachunky
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Modifications: 1997 Jeep Cherokee 2.5 td VM
3 inch suspension lift
31 10.5 Muds
Safari Snorkel

Postby bobbinsjob on Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:28 pm

brachunky wrote:
meooo wrote:

Well I'll give an honest answer to that in about 6 months time :wink: All I know is despite all the rattles & noise, she climbs like a mountain goat :lol: :lol:

clank.....clank.....clank.....clank :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
SIZE DOES MATTER!!
MEMBER 1728
1996 2.8 SWB called VIPER

Members Ride section for VIPER

Comments on VIPER here

GET YOUR CARTOON CAR HERE
bobbinsjob
Rev Limit Finder
Rev Limit Finder

Model: 2.8 TDI Sport 3dr
Vehicle Name: Viper
Modifications: Deep offset Steel modular wheels with 32/11.5/15 Kuhmo KL71 mud tyres
+2" Plasma body lift
Flipped ball-joints
+2" spring spacers
Custom built roof rack
Light bar
Modified Navara tubular rear bumper
Mental cammo paint job
Region: South East

Return to South West