// Frontera Technical Support • View topic - HELP!!!

HELP!!!

Somerset to Hampshire

Weymouth Portsmouth Southampton Basingstoke Poole
Forum rules
Disclaimer:
Please understand that the Frontera Owners Group or any organiser of events will not be held responsible for any loss, damage, accident or injury caused by attending an event. You are responsible for your passengers and for your own safety and should carry the necessary recovery and safety equipment. You agree to follow the rules of the Highway Code, Green Lane Code and club pay and play site rules whichever applies. For greenlane events; All events should adhere to the GLASS Code of Conduct, and please note that Rights Of Way often change and if a TRO (traffic regulation order) has been put in place by the local council you should not drive the lane. If you do not agree to the above you should refrain from taking part in the event.

HELP!!!

Postby Dan_Large on Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:45 pm

My fronty seems to be dieng slowly and painfuly, it stated as a small rattle coming from underneieth so i had a wee peek and relised thet my throttle modulator thingy for aid in starting in cold weather the small vacumm pipe had come off at a closser look the nipple has corroded away so i tied the pipe back for now.....

The rattle started to turn into a clunk on the way home from a trip to birmingham every time i changed gears, thought to myself if i can just make it to chievly service station ill have a look. i got there and it wasnt doing it any more and couldnt find anything wrong.. carried on and then i started to get a real harsh vibration... then as i was trying to head for sutton scotney services a massive bang shook the car and i had lost all drive... got out and the u.j joint had sheerd causing the prop to damage as it hit the tarmac on the A34 causing damage to the prop. vauxhall dont stock and cant get hold of any of these parts and no where seems to have on in a breakers yard in hampshire and dorset can some one pls help!??

also on the way up to birmingham my powersteering idler pully the bearing collasped but thats cool ive sorted that but even vauxhall wanted £150 for that
Largester
2.8 TDI SWB
Dan_Large
mud splasher
mud splasher

Re: HELP!!!

Postby Red Oktober on Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:01 pm

south wales props do the uj ...and i believe can make you another propshaft .. http://www.southwalesprops.com/
Red Oktober
Retired

Model: 2.8 TDI 5dr
Registration Year: 1995/N
Region: South West

Postby Sir-Doris on Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:08 pm

Heaps of propshafts on ebay at the moment and www.milneroffroad.com do UJ's and here is a link to UJ's on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :IT&ih=020

Item No: 300191513504
I also drink Port and I'm not ashamed to say it!

Me Truck

Sir-Doris
Sir Dong
Sir Dong

Model: 2.2i 5dr
Registration Year: 1995/N
Vehicle Name: The Old Girl
Modifications: Blanked EGR Valve
265/75/16 Marix Lions
Pro-Comp Steering Stabiliser
Rough Country Shocks
+ 5" Suspension Lift
UCA Ball Joint Spacers + Low Profile Bump Stops
Stainless Extended Braided Brake Lines
1.5" Body Lift
CB
Lowered Front Diff Hangers
Grooved and Dimpled Front Brake Discs
Front and Rear Recovery Loops
Petrol Cap on a String
Secondary Air
Injection System Removed
Removed Front ARB

Soon to have 5.13:1 Diff's
Got the Diff's just need to fit em
Region: Mid Wales

Postby frontydan on Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:50 pm

Try the flea bay shop.... firstfrontera.
i have used him a few times and i feel that he is quite reasonably priced too. Hope this helps.
Dan
I am nobody......Nobody is perfect.....Therefore, I must be perfect!

Member number 4669
frontydan
Bill
Bill

Model: 2.4 5dr
Registration Year: 1993/L
Vehicle Name: The bus
Modifications: 31x10.5x15 Maxxis Trepador's.
Snorkel, (Custom built S-Marley snorkel)
Body lift, 2".
3" suspension lift.
4' Hi - Lift Jack on custom made mounts.
Blue LED dash conversion.
Waffle boards x 2.
AVM Manual locking hubs.
De Catted..... 'Cos i can !!!
Stickers akimbo.

To Follow...........
Who knows but i'm sure there will be more.
Region: North West

Postby rangaKoo on Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:29 pm

Look for a breakers yard just outside of Andover (can't remember their name off the top of my head) They have 3 Sports and 1 LWB at the moment.

They'll have your prop shaft, and to be honest the Uni-Joint is easy as anything (p.o.p) to get... Camberley Auto Factors keep them, and if not them, try Auto-Care in Bordon (they'll deliver to a mechanic in the local area, if not they can probably post it to you after a phone order). It took me only one phone call to have a UJ!! (If you some how can not get one from Camberley or Autocare then try AutoVaux (try google) and they'll have it in stock and will post it out).

If you've still got problems then PM me and I'll send you my mobile number. Can give you a lot more info over text...

If you can't find the breakers yard outside of Andover ring Blackbushe Motors, Yateley, ask them, also try Aldershot Car Spares, they probably have it in stock as well..

Good luck,

Si
www.4x4search.org - your 4x4 search engine. 100% human submitted and edited!
rangaKoo
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Model: 2.8 TDI Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1994/L
Modifications: Ahhh, now driving a 1989 Nissan Pathfinder that kicks ass!
Region: Southern England

Postby PaulS on Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:02 am

I know they are not so local, but maybe worth calling them:
http://www.autopropuk.co.uk/
Proud to be Response Member of:
[/color][/b] Image
1994 Frontera Sport in Flame Red 2.0i 8v
PaulS
How Many Posts
How Many Posts

Model: 2.0i Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1994/L
Modifications: 2" suspension lift, M/T Duelers, Midland Alan 78 Plus Multi CB radio, personalised dents and some rust here and there :)
Region: South East

Return to Southern England