// Frontera Technical Support • View topic - Laning Pics added

Laning Pics added

Somerset to Hampshire

Weymouth Portsmouth Southampton Basingstoke Poole
Forum rules
Disclaimer:
Please understand that the Frontera Owners Group or any organiser of events will not be held responsible for any loss, damage, accident or injury caused by attending an event. You are responsible for your passengers and for your own safety and should carry the necessary recovery and safety equipment. You agree to follow the rules of the Highway Code, Green Lane Code and club pay and play site rules whichever applies. For greenlane events; All events should adhere to the GLASS Code of Conduct, and please note that Rights Of Way often change and if a TRO (traffic regulation order) has been put in place by the local council you should not drive the lane. If you do not agree to the above you should refrain from taking part in the event.

Laning Pics added

Postby Dave Bolton on Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:28 pm

Hello! I thought I would upload some of our recent laning trips. I dont know how to upload to this site (too technical for me!) so please use the following link:

http://s181.photobucket.com/albums/x174/fronty69/Laning%20in%20Hampshire/

Enjoy! Dave
Dave Bolton
4WD
4WD

Postby fuzion on Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:23 am

Thats some pretty deep goo yer in there Dave :lol: :lol:

Nice photos, the snorkel looks good too :D
fuzion
Mole

Postby rangaKoo on Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:15 pm

Where was that lane?
www.4x4search.org - your 4x4 search engine. 100% human submitted and edited!
rangaKoo
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Model: 2.8 TDI Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1994/L
Modifications: Ahhh, now driving a 1989 Nissan Pathfinder that kicks ass!
Region: Southern England

Postby Red Oktober on Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:45 pm

thats one muddy lane 8) 8) 8)
Red Oktober
Retired

Model: 2.8 TDI 5dr
Registration Year: 1995/N
Region: South West

Green lane

Postby Dave Bolton on Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:27 pm

The mud on this lane has been there all year and is very deep in some areas. The lane has it own spring <so ive been told> so water there all year. havent tried this lane since all this water fell out of the sky but will try this week end

THE LOCATION The start of the lane is in woodcroft lane cowplain and ends at eastland gate

If you start at woodcroft lane end you have to do a sharp right and over a hump just as you leave tarmac at end of road and start of farm drive that is the only way into lane first 500meters is very close and ruty then opens out the deep stuff is 1/2 way down. you WILL need recovery gear ( i can get through with out some times ) some times its good to walk your route first. if any one would like to do this lane let me know and ill come along with the winch.

Any one got any good lanes like this one local??
Dave Bolton
4WD
4WD

Postby shimmey69 on Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:22 pm

ooooohhhh ooohhhhh ooohhhh (jumps ups and down pick me pick me):wave:

i would love try that lane nothing like getting nice and muddy!!

only lane si know of near me are these 2 pretty extreme but the pictues as always dont do it justice these are a lot steeper than they look!

i know not frontys in picture but hey it the thought that counts

CARL ADMIN apologies hope these are right size!!
(only just got photobucket account)
I have driven off road for the whole of 15 minute in my life but fast learner!!
shimmey69
mud splasher
mud splasher

Postby shimmey69 on Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:38 pm

Well i am hoping that this might start off the next "FOG south" Laning trip????
AS really enjoyed the last and it almost been a month now!!!
so lets get our fingers out and get this organised!!!
shimmey69
mud splasher
mud splasher

Postby Red Oktober on Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:45 pm

Thank you :D :D :D :D
Red Oktober
Retired

Model: 2.8 TDI 5dr
Registration Year: 1995/N
Region: South West

Postby rangaKoo on Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:50 am

Jake,

As soon as I get a couple of days off when the Fronty is running right we'll be at it again.

Unfortunately my Fronty as you know needed tyres, so it's got it's two new ones.. But then it had a day off the road when it refused to start.. and it's booked in to the mechanics for Friday morning, at which time it's getting a few things fixed, a good clean of the engine, and finding some new squeak that it's developed (when driving, but not when the clutch is in, and it's very weird!!).

How's the Rangie going?

I think Jim's Fronty is long term dead at the moment, we need to find somewhere to move it to shortly as I'm sure the mechanic will get upset if it's there too long and nothings being done on it... :(

I'll arrange the next thingo shortly.. ;)

But then again, I would worry about this lane (the one this topic is about) as I don't as a member of GLASS advocate going out to churn up a lane simply for the fact that we'll get stuck, muddy etc and have to be winched out... (check out the GLASS site for info about their policies etc)... as such the lane should really be given a check by the Hampshire GLASS rep to see whether or not it needs to be repaired a little by the HCC.

Anywho, back to topic! :D
rangaKoo
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Postby shimmey69 on Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:23 am

Glad to hear we will be out again!!

WEll that sounds lieka strange squeak cant help you out there, hope it nothing too serrious??

Rangie doing well had lots of new and "scrappy new" parts alternator battery, dizzy, then brand new pugs lead cap etc that made huge difference then new manifold and dowpipes as they had loads of holes in so she getting there, just need to get new throttle position sensor and a quik tune and she wll be rokcing!!!

OH NO what happened to jim fronty then, i thought it was being a "bit" optimistic when he said it was a sensor, as i never heard a sensor making that sort of noise

yea i can see both sides of the fence i dont advocate going off piste so to speak when laning that will lead to closure but walowing in mud if half then fun of offroading!!
shimmey69
mud splasher
mud splasher

Postby rangaKoo on Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:15 pm

Nah, as far as the sensor goes if it stops working then it stops the ECU knowing where the crank is, thus the timing gets seriously fubar..

The ECU came up with the sensor as the fault (thus I was somewhat right in my initial diagnosis on the side of the road)... but it seems more serious than that and could be the ECU itself.. *sigh* annoying.
rangaKoo
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Postby shimmey69 on Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:47 pm

:way off topic:

i have started jim his own thread here

http://fronteraowners.co.uk/v-web/bulle ... 915#100915

and as to this one i do hope that we can get out again soon, i am hopefully out this saturday witha group off another forum!
shimmey69
mud splasher
mud splasher

Postby rangaKoo on Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:00 pm

Cool mate.. I'll probably be up on the Thames on my mates boat, haven't been there for a year and really want to go out boating again.. I miss it.

Nothing like the purr of a diesel, the feel of a nice cold can of beer, the sizzle of some snags on the BBQ and the rocking feeling of the boat wallowing up the river!!
Great fun..

So I might actually spend the weekend there and have a few drinks for once (Don't drink very often at all at the moment, not for any particular reason, but more for choice...)
rangaKoo
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Postby Wilberforce on Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:08 pm

Sounds like you got a plan coming along there Si... Tis true there are few better ways of spending a weekend than sat on a boat, with a few beers and a bbq... 's up there ith spending an afternoon watching the cricket, with a coolbox full of beer, and a bit of company..

Just gotta hope the weather at least stays dry for you, hehe... Sunshine might be a *Bit* optimistic
Jim...

South East Picnic site information

| Jessica - 2002 Isuzu Trooper Insignia LWB | 3.1 ltr hybrid conversion |
Wilberforce
The stick insect
The stick insect

Registration Year: 2002/51
Vehicle Name: Jessica
Region: North West

Postby Dave Bolton on Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:00 pm

This lane has been historically a 'muddy' lane for years and years. My aim when going out is to test both my driving ability and the ability of my vehicle. I respect the view with regards to churning things up, however, this particular lane is very well used all year round by all, including local car thieves!!!

Yes, I do have a winch fitted to my car, that is not for churning things up further, but there as an aid, should myself or my vehicle be unable to cope with the terrain.

I just feel that if we do not have some challenging lanes too, then we may as well stick to hard cored lanes, where is the challenge in that? The provision of these muddier lanes is vital to the law abiding side of this sport, without them, there would be many who would go off road in areas they are not permitted in, such as farmers fields.
Dave Bolton
4WD
4WD

Postby nitromotor on Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:08 pm

I understand what you’re saying, however in today’s climate with regards 4x4 and RoW issues; we must all portray a good image for our hobby.

Its regrettable that car thieves use some lanes to burn out cars and or dump rubbish, not only is it environmentally damaging, but gives the landowners and local councils persuasive course to downgrade BOAT’s , taking away our access.

I would much rarther work with the landowners/authorities to sustain a viable lane, as I’m sure the vast majority of 4X4’s do, and help repair/restore some of the lanes.

Whilst some lanes can be technically challenging, we still need to respect them, and prevent them from falling into an unsustainable state.

Pay and Play sites are really what playing in challenging situations are about, knowing that limits can be pushed in a sustainable environment.

End of rant
:oops:
http://www.crag-uk.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.rsgb.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

[url]pygphotography.com[/url]
nitromotor
Top Tech Bod
Top Tech Bod

Region: North Wales

Postby Trugga on Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:37 pm

:ggod post:

Lawrence