// Frontera Technical Support • View topic - World Record Attempt Summary

World Record Attempt Summary

Ians Guinness World Record Attempt Forum

Moderator: bobbinsjob

World Record Attempt Summary

Postby bobbinsjob on Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:40 pm

I thought i would put up this summary to save you all having to trawl through the pages and pages of info about the GWRA to find out what you need. I have locked this thread to keep it from getting cluttered.

1) The Guinness World Record™ we will be setting is "Longest Parade of Same Marque Vehicles (Vauxhall)"

2) The date of the attempt is Sunday 28th September 2008

3) The venue is Rockingham Raceway near Corby in Northamptonshire

4) We will be making the attempt during the lunch break of the "Dunlop Great British Motorsport Festival"

5) The price of entry is £10 per person. you need to go to the Rockingham Raceway Website and book your tickets on-line and enter DGBM96472737 as the promotion code

6) The charities benefitting from our efforts will be Cancer Research, NSPCC, RSPCA, RNLI, MacMillan Appeal, Heartline, Royal National Institute for Deaf People, Alderhey Oncology, Anthony Nolan Trust, Children With Leukaemia, British Heart Foundation, Cure Leukaemia, Breast Cancer Research, and Children In Need.

7) For those wishing to camp over on the Saturday night (27th), we will be staying at the near by Billing Aquadrome where I have arranged a reduced "Rally Rate" of £13 per pitch if you quote "Frontera Owners Group" when booking upto a week in advance.

8) A Sponsor and Flyer Pack PDF file has been created by Andi (madchef) for you download and print HERE

9) The rules and regulations for the attempt must be read by all participants. they can be downloaded HERE

10) All vehicles will be covered for the event on Rockingham Raceway's own insurance, each driver will need to sign on to their insurance on the day, (This is free of charge)

11) Could all members who are definately attending, please check that your username is in green on THIS LIST. If it is not in green or your name is not on the list, please send me a pm as soon as possible so that we know how many we will have for the attempt. Also, if you will no longer be able to attend, again please pm me as soon as possible.

12) Last but not least, for everybody attending, it is compulsory to have a damn good time and a day/weekend you will never forget and you will be a part of written history.

See you all in Northamptonshire

Ian
SIZE DOES MATTER!!
MEMBER 1728
1996 2.8 SWB called VIPER

Members Ride section for VIPER

Comments on VIPER here

GET YOUR CARTOON CAR HERE
bobbinsjob
Rev Limit Finder
Rev Limit Finder

Model: 2.8 TDI Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1996/N
Vehicle Name: Viper
Modifications: Deep offset Steel modular wheels with 32/11.5/15 Kuhmo KL71 mud tyres
+2" Plasma body lift
Flipped ball-joints
+2" spring spacers
Custom built roof rack
Light bar
Modified Navara tubular rear bumper
Mental cammo paint job
Region: South East

Return to GWR Attempt discussions