// Frontera Technical Support • View topic - **Workday at the Woods** Sunday 3rd June

**Workday at the Woods** Sunday 3rd June

Kent to Oxfordshire

Including London North,South, East & West Bedfordshire Oxfordshire Hertfordshire

Moderator: gregster

Forum rules
Disclaimer:
Please understand that the Frontera Owners Group or any organiser of events will not be held responsible for any loss, damage, accident or injury caused by attending an event. You are responsible for your passengers and for your own safety and should carry the necessary recovery and safety equipment. You agree to follow the rules of the Highway Code, Green Lane Code and club pay and play site rules whichever applies. For greenlane events; All events should adhere to the GLASS Code of Conduct, and please note that Rights Of Way often change and if a TRO (traffic regulation order) has been put in place by the local council you should not drive the lane. If you do not agree to the above you should refrain from taking part in the event.

**Workday at the Woods** Sunday 3rd June

Postby Gregsters Boss on Sat May 26, 2012 6:13 pm

Hi Foggers

Please be advised that on Sunday 3rd June 2012 we will doing a Workday at the Woods in preparation for the Weekender on 15/16/17th June 2012.
We are hoping to get a dumper truck from Lloyd which makes the collecting of the wood pile a lot easier and quicker.

We will meet at 10am at Notcutts garden centre just off j7 m20 (head towards Maidstone from j7 and its immediately on your left...)
(the meet point may be changed to the woods, if everyone attending has been before and knows where they are going...I will advise)

Please bring with you any tools that you have that may be useful for clearing trees, digging and lunch/drinks as nowhere very near to get grub when you have worked up an appetite.

Don't worry if you cant bring your fronty, we find somewhere to park the lesser cars if not 4x4's so you can still join in if you want to.

Probably not a good idea to bring dogs to the work days, I am just concerned about them running around with chainsaws going and 4x4's moving around,
and children must be kept on a tight leash and near parents at all times as we don't want any accidents. :shock:

Workdays will not be capped at the moment as loads to do, and we will be grafting as a team to get work done...this will involve some delegation of tasks within the team to ensure we are both productive and safe...
Use of chainsaws will be restricted to logging or pruning areas as instructed...I don't want to risk accidents with inexperienced members felling trees and anything we cut has to be considered so as to retain the character of the woods and to represent best productivity.
This is gonna be hard graft, I can be a bit of a slave driver :shock:

We lots to do, the recent heavy rain and high winds have bought down a fair few trees and debris which will need clearing, so we have got our work cut out.

Please note this is NOT a playday, and although some 4x4 driving/working will probably be involved during the day, we are there to work to get the site ready for the next meet...

Anyone "outworked" by Sally will be on toilet emptying duty at the next weekender!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Your safety is paramount, I must insist that anyone attending ensures that they stay a safe distance from any felling or chainsaw operations or moving vehicles...
Falling debris can be unpredictable in its direction or distance of fall, so please be very careful...

Please add your name to the list if you are coming to help with this, and thanks for your support guys...will be good to see you all, and with a bit of grafting we can get the site looking great for the Weekender!!!

See you soon

Gregster
Last edited by Gregsters Boss on Sat May 26, 2012 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gregsters Boss
Luvlier than MUD

Location: Dunno...Cant see..too many of his damn cars outside the house!!!!
Model: 2.8 TDI Sport 3dr
Vehicle Name: Glitterball
Modifications: Metalflake paint, with flames and dolphins
Sport A alloys
Chrome Bullbar
Sub and amp in boot
Region: South East

Re: **Workday at the Woods** Sunday 3rd June

Postby Gregsters Boss on Sat May 26, 2012 6:14 pm

The List

Gregster and Sally
Gregsters Boss
Luvlier than MUD

Location: Dunno...Cant see..too many of his damn cars outside the house!!!!
Model: 2.8 TDI Sport 3dr
Vehicle Name: Glitterball
Modifications: Metalflake paint, with flames and dolphins
Sport A alloys
Chrome Bullbar
Sub and amp in boot

Postby gregster on Sun May 27, 2012 10:11 pm

Looks like just you and me babe...or we could just go to the pub instead??? :drink: :drink: :drink:

(your driving though...) :lol:
Check out the index thread below where pics/reviews from all our past meets can be found!!!!
click here for the SE Events Index/links Thread...see all the reviews and whats coming up soon!

Looks like I'm in trouble with the Mrs's again...
She asked me what I'd most like to do to her body...
Apparently "Identify it" is not the correct answer!

MAKE IT or BREAK IT! TEAMXTREME4X4
gregster
Winnebago..or does it?
Winnebago..or does it?

Model: 2.4 5dr
Registration Year: 1997/P
Vehicle Name: FRONTY4x4SPARES
Modifications: Drive a 2.2dti olympus, 2.8 lwb and 2.0i sport.
Breaking...
2.4i and 2.3td
2.0i C20ne and x20se x 4
2.8tdi x2
2.2i A
2.2i B LWB x3
x22dth B dti lwb x3
y22dth B dti lwb x5
Call Fronty4x4spares on
01622 739908.
Same day dispatch,
next day delivery
on 95% of items.

Postby BadBoy on Mon May 28, 2012 7:39 am

I'm on holiday that weekend.

The fact it's an extended bank holiday weekend, tied with half term probably won't help either.
Traffic lights in London are just rough guidelines
BadBoy
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Modifications: Looks a bit like a Kia Sorento 2.5CRDi Titian remapped for 265bhp!

Postby rospicer on Mon May 28, 2012 8:26 am

I cant make this one either, sorry guys. I'm having to work that weekend :( as I'm away the next weekend and then its the weekender
SHE MUST GET BIGGER BOOTS
ImageImage
rospicer
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Registration Year: 1993/L
Vehicle Name: COMING SOON
Modifications: Jeep Wrangler YJ 4.0 manual. BFG 31" heavy duty bumpers front and rear with recovery points, coming soon 4" likt and 33" boots

Postby Wilberforce on Mon May 28, 2012 12:18 pm

Le Wilberforce should be able to make it though :lol:
Jim...

South East Picnic site information

| Jessica - 2002 Isuzu Trooper Insignia LWB | 3.1 ltr hybrid conversion |
Wilberforce
The stick insect
The stick insect

Registration Year: 2002/51
Vehicle Name: Jessica
Region: North West

Postby MG Autos (Mark) on Mon May 28, 2012 9:43 pm

Sorry mate but will be unable to attend this one as will be in Chigwell (stuck here as we speak) for the next two weeks dealing with a new contract :(
MG Autos (Mark)
Member & Trader

Model: 2.8 TDI 5dr
Registration Year: 1994/M
Modifications: Largely Standard at the minute.
&
Standard 2010 Renault Megane 1.5 Turbo Deisel for the daily commute. Downside, no 4x4, up side around 700 miles to a tank of Diesel.......
&
Tuned Volvo C70 for Sunny Days and Roof Down Fun
&
Modified BMW R1200RT for Touring, commuting and general two wheeled fun.

Previous frontera's include numerous A series SWB 2.0, one A Series 2.2 LWB, one A Series 2.3 DT, one B Series 2.2 Petrol LWB, one B Series 2.2 DT LWB, loads and loads of 3.2 V6's.

Postby gregster on Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:22 pm

Thanks to Sally, Jim and Kel for your help today in the miserable weather.

We got done what we needed to, just, with the limited numbers. The weather made it a grim day though, we were all soaked.

Jim bought up Roxy who is mad as a box of frogs...she loves the woods as it is largely constructed out of sticks.

Sally was doing the germ thing, as she had the lurgy, but she battled on helping us get there in the end. she is now feeling sorry for herself wrapped up on the sofa groaning that she cant get warm...best bet for Sal getting warm is for her to be next to the cooker doing my dinner me thinks! :lol:

Kel arrived later in the day and helped, as was retrieving his truck from my workshop today, after its period of convalescence...
Kel now has wheels of the 4wd variety again, and I have SPACE again!!! :dance:
Bought a tear to my eye when man and truck were reunited and he jumped in and fired her up...but then the smoke cleared and my eyes stopped watering!

Had some interesting experiences offroading in a dumper today...sufficient to say that dumper tyres work better on a fronty than they do on a dumper...figure that out eh?
Was a right handy tool for gathering firewood though...big thanks to John for letting us borrow it. This one had keys and stuff like brakes and things, which made life easier than the old one that Pete towed Ross round the woods on a year or so ago.

So we are all ready for the typically substantial camp fires at the weekender coming up in a fortnight...cant wait...

Thanks again for the assistance guys/gal...and hope you had a safe journey all the way back to hampshire Jim.
Check out the index thread below where pics/reviews from all our past meets can be found!!!!
click here for the SE Events Index/links Thread...see all the reviews and whats coming up soon!

Looks like I'm in trouble with the Mrs's again...
She asked me what I'd most like to do to her body...
Apparently "Identify it" is not the correct answer!

MAKE IT or BREAK IT! TEAMXTREME4X4
gregster
Winnebago..or does it?
Winnebago..or does it?

Model: 2.4 5dr
Registration Year: 1997/P
Vehicle Name: FRONTY4x4SPARES
Modifications: Drive a 2.2dti olympus, 2.8 lwb and 2.0i sport.
Breaking...
2.4i and 2.3td
2.0i C20ne and x20se x 4
2.8tdi x2
2.2i A
2.2i B LWB x3
x22dth B dti lwb x3
y22dth B dti lwb x5
Call Fronty4x4spares on
01622 739908.
Same day dispatch,
next day delivery
on 95% of items.

Postby Wilberforce on Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:30 am

Yep, I did...
Although I seemed to have a slight navigational cock-up, highly unusual for me, and wound up in the local curry house. Figure that one out :oops:

Still, we got a fair bit done, and hopefully that'll be enough of a woodpile for a couple of nights marshmallow toasting.
Jim...

South East Picnic site information

| Jessica - 2002 Isuzu Trooper Insignia LWB | 3.1 ltr hybrid conversion |
Wilberforce
The stick insect
The stick insect

Registration Year: 2002/51
Vehicle Name: Jessica
Region: North West

Return to South East