// Frontera Technical Support • View topic - ***SE PICNIC IN THE WOODS*** NOVEMBER REVIEW

***SE PICNIC IN THE WOODS*** NOVEMBER REVIEW

Kent to Oxfordshire

Including London North,South, East & West Bedfordshire Oxfordshire Hertfordshire

Moderator: gregster

Forum rules
Disclaimer:
Please understand that the Frontera Owners Group or any organiser of events will not be held responsible for any loss, damage, accident or injury caused by attending an event. You are responsible for your passengers and for your own safety and should carry the necessary recovery and safety equipment. You agree to follow the rules of the Highway Code, Green Lane Code and club pay and play site rules whichever applies. For greenlane events; All events should adhere to the GLASS Code of Conduct, and please note that Rights Of Way often change and if a TRO (traffic regulation order) has been put in place by the local council you should not drive the lane. If you do not agree to the above you should refrain from taking part in the event.

***SE PICNIC IN THE WOODS*** NOVEMBER REVIEW

Postby Gregsters Boss on Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:27 pm

PLEASE POST PICCIES, VIDEOS AND ANYTHING ELSE HERE!!!!

Hi Picnic Peeps,

Thanks to all that came today.

It was a good day and stayed dry. :dance:

I am home, car unpacked and parked up. I left Greg at the Workshop with Random Ross, Robfog and Gareth - talking about - well - not sure really!!!!

Greg will post details later in his own unique style.

Sally x
Last edited by Gregsters Boss on Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gregsters Boss
Luvlier than MUD

Location: Dunno...Cant see..too many of his damn cars outside the house!!!!
Model: 2.8 TDI Sport 3dr
Vehicle Name: Glitterball
Modifications: Metalflake paint, with flames and dolphins
Sport A alloys
Chrome Bullbar
Sub and amp in boot
Region: South East

Re: ***SE PICNIC IN THE WOODS*** NOVEMBER REVIEW

Postby davetheraveuk on Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:52 pm

was a good day as always, thanks to kel & pete for helping mewhen i got stuck again :oops:

ImageImage
davetheraveuk
my other cars a frontera
my other cars a frontera

Model: 2.0i Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1997/P
Vehicle Name: fart box
Modifications: muds will have a 2" lift did have a 2.5 muds and a 2" lift

Postby Krusher on Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:04 pm

I'm back home in the warm with a nice pint of old speckled hen, so thought I would post up what I got which unfortunately doesnt amount to much but here goes.

Thank you Greg and Sal for a great day yet again, I had a good time balancing the voltmeter by which loads I switched on at what revs so I could get through the different obstacles without cooking my battery... :? :D :D

.....still was a good laugh though and I made it round the site unscathed apart from a rear bumper end cap that got bent upwards. Easily sorted at the time by bending it back down again :wink: :lol: . We all had a game of follow the leader round the woods in a 7 car convoy which was great. Davetherave managed to get a bit stuck......

Ramsgate, Kent
Never Imitated Often Battered
Krusher
I used to have a little pinky

Model: 2.8 TDI 5dr
Registration Year: 1996/N
Vehicle Name: STRIDENT
Modifications: +2" suspension lift and torsion bar wind up
Maletester Kaimen MT's
CB, LED daytime runners
FOG chrome bullbar
stainless mangled side steps
Air box with room for a goldfish

Postby davetheraveuk on Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:43 pm

lol yep :butt: :dance:
ImageImage
davetheraveuk
my other cars a frontera
my other cars a frontera

Vehicle Name: fart box
Modifications: muds will have a 2" lift did have a 2.5 muds and a 2" lift

Postby Retro Pedro on Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:18 pm

As always, cheers to Greg and Sal and everybody involved for another cracking playing day down the woods. Got to say the conditions were brilliant, soft enough to let the tyres grip, but not slippery to make hill climbing a no no. Shows how mad our weather as been this year, all through the summer we had wet slippy conditions, now we're will into November, reckon it was one of the best days for surface conditions that I've personally had this year (I missed the October picnic).
Was good to see alot of familiar faces for this one - especially Gareth again.
Took the youngest member of my family along for a ride (Dylan, my 5 year old grandson). He had a ball for the first couple of hours, even coming out with 'like, like, like, like, like it' (he's been watching the Aldi advert) but then the enthusiams got replaced with being tired for the afternoon session. I was having none of it, told him grandads playing and he will have to wait until grandad as finished before we could go home :)
Only took one short vid and I'll upload a bit laters.
Retro Pedro
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Registration Year: 1995/N
Vehicle Name: Grandads Tractor
Modifications: A few suspension modifications to assist with ground clearance and fitting of bigger tyres.

Postby robbie on Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:25 pm

:( :( :( :( :( I do so wish i lived alot closer to you lot. BOOHOO bug glad you all enjoyed your self's
robbie
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Model: 2.5 TDS 5dr
Registration Year: 1997/R
Vehicle Name: The white 1
Modifications: 2.5 the white1
none of my own as yet . but i like wat you lot are doin so gettin very tempted :). chrome bighorn D bar, body kit
2.0 1997 the gold1.
chrome bull bar to be fitted along with tinted upper and lower rear light clusters, 255x75x15 on 5spoke early A alloys
2.0 1997 green1.
wrap round bull bars, side steps, 31x10.5x15 on trooper alloys
Region: North East

Postby gregster on Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:39 am

Wish you were nearer to Robbie...seems ages since you last came down, but theres always next year if you fancy a weekender again, would be great if you could make it down for one of them.

Thanks to everyone who came today for some fun in the slippy leaves, was a cracking day and the weather was great for a change!
Will do a proper post 2moz evening, as we have just a power cut which killed the PB uploads, and everything in the house!
(probably due to Kels truck driving under a pylon and overloading the national grid!)... :lol:

Early start 2moz up the workshop to try to weld Rospicers 2.8 shorty back together... :shock:

But thanks again, and catch y'all tommorow evening.. 8) 8) 8)
Check out the index thread below where pics/reviews from all our past meets can be found!!!!
click here for the SE Events Index/links Thread...see all the reviews and whats coming up soon!

Looks like I'm in trouble with the Mrs's again...
She asked me what I'd most like to do to her body...
Apparently "Identify it" is not the correct answer!

MAKE IT or BREAK IT! TEAMXTREME4X4
gregster
Winnebago..or does it?
Winnebago..or does it?

Model: 2.4 5dr
Vehicle Name: FRONTY4x4SPARES
Modifications: Drive a 2.2dti olympus, 2.8 lwb and 2.0i sport.
Breaking...
2.4i and 2.3td
2.0i C20ne and x20se x 4
2.8tdi x2
2.2i A
2.2i B LWB x3
x22dth B dti lwb x3
y22dth B dti lwb x5
Call Fronty4x4spares on
01622 739908.
Same day dispatch,
next day delivery
on 95% of items.

Postby robbie on Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:49 am

I will be down next year. Iwill just have to pre book my mum to baby sit the kids as they will get board and i couldn,t put you through that lol
robbie
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Model: 2.5 TDS 5dr
Registration Year: 1997/R
Vehicle Name: The white 1
Modifications: 2.5 the white1
none of my own as yet . but i like wat you lot are doin so gettin very tempted :). chrome bighorn D bar, body kit
2.0 1997 the gold1.
chrome bull bar to be fitted along with tinted upper and lower rear light clusters, 255x75x15 on 5spoke early A alloys
2.0 1997 green1.
wrap round bull bars, side steps, 31x10.5x15 on trooper alloys
Region: North East

Postby horses45 on Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:11 pm

robbie wrote:I will be down next year. Iwill just have to pre book my mum to baby sit the kids as they will get board and i couldn,t put you through that lol

well im sure if shifts permitting i can tag on to Robbie coming down :D
BRING ON A BIGGER WALL !!!!![color=#4080FF]Cos I Am The Cosmic Fool

East Midland Area Rep

Frontera owners stickers here forums/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=47071"
horses45
FOG BBQ Chef
FOG BBQ Chef

Model: 2.2 DTI 5dr
Registration Year: 2003/03
Vehicle Name: The Truck
Modifications: None :-(
Region: Midlands

Postby fudge on Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:07 pm

time for my input

had a great time and do not think i have broken anything
got to most places on just my ats
and have now got a set of 4 ats to go on as mine are nearly out.

but didnt get stuck but did have 4 tyres smoking :lol:
fudge
Thumper
Thumper

Registration Year: 1991/J
Vehicle Name: the duck
Modifications: full roll cage
snorkle
SOA lift
winch bullbar
winch(ramsey pro 8000)
hilift jack mount
waffle boards mounts
jerry cans mount
cb radio
front and rear recovery
darken leanses
8x spot light
rear work light
bucket seat
5 point harness

more comming soon
Region: Southern England

Postby Krusher on Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:20 pm

Come on, wheres the rest of the pics and that then?? :? :D
Ramsgate, Kent
Never Imitated Often Battered
Krusher

Model: 2.8 TDI 5dr
Registration Year: 1996/N
Vehicle Name: STRIDENT
Modifications: +2" suspension lift and torsion bar wind up
Maletester Kaimen MT's
CB, LED daytime runners
FOG chrome bullbar
stainless mangled side steps
Air box with room for a goldfish

Postby fudge on Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:51 pm

Maybe he got arc eye and is blind for the mo

But today when i went passed mine on the way yo work i notised it has :thumbdown: a flat
fudge
Thumper
Thumper

snorkle
SOA lift
winch bullbar
winch(ramsey pro 8000)
hilift jack mount
waffle boards mounts
jerry cans mount
cb radio
front and rear recovery
darken leanses
8x spot light
rear work light
bucket seat
5 point harness

more comming soon

Postby gregster on Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:00 pm

No arc eye...but bleedin knackered...
Had a bit of a mission on Rospicers 2.8 shorty yesterday (and a bit of today :shock: )...but its all good though..

Sorry for not getting back sooner guys as promised, but heres my contribution to the thread...

The weather was great, but foggy to start mind, but the sun soon cut through that it was ideal for a days playing up the woods...
It had been damp previously, but no heavy rain to speak of, so the woods were pretty dry with a liberal coating of soggy leaves to spice things up a bit.

We all met a Notcutss, and I have to admit to having a bit of a panic, when it seemed for a moment that only us and davetherave and rosco in his corsa van where coming...but just as I phoned gareth to start checking who was coming a convoy of 5trucks pulled into the carpark...
Then up to the workshop to grab the essentials and into the woods for some fun.

Sunday's mud lovers were...(order from the list)

Robfog (on his own two feet)

Great to see Rob up and about again after his ankle injury, and back down the woods in his 2.0i shorty...the trucks looking good (would be better with some mud on it though)...Nice to have you back again buddy, next time hopefully you will able to come playing, ankle permitting, and thanks for the chat/advise afterwards...

Davetherave

In his plaything 2.0i sport, showing us all the wrong lines and new places to get stuck! LOL...Great to see you having so much fun and getting muddy, and giving the wrecker a chance to have a go at extractions (worked well I have to say)...NO thanks for causing me to fall ar5e over head when filming you getting stuck though! The locked up hubs seem to do the trick, a lot less clickyness, and hope the puncture is fixable. Thanks again for the bits for the workshop that you bought with you...top man.

Krusher (work permitting)

kel arrived with his lights (and everything else) blazing...in an attempt to keep his reactor from going into meltdown...Kel and his truck, as always, managed to get everywhere that a lwb shouldnt, unscathed and other than giving the wildlife arc-eye from his 24v lighting system all was good.
Great that you could make it fella.

CC & Harvey, in Stan

Doing her thing for the B contingent, Kylie's shorty made its first appearance to the woods...Arriving at lunchtime cos she overslept! LOL...Harvey was his usual entertaining self, a lovely dog he is, and I got told off for winding him up and have a rough and tumble with him...
Great to see you both again

andytats + lisa

Andy and his good lady wife (on her first visit to the woods IIRC)...came down in his 2.2 LWB a series...
Teaming up with Kel for much of the day and taking the matching burgandy lwbs' places that shouldnt be able to go, both on matching special traks..
Some great driving as always mate, the muds deffo the right choice for today though, and thanks very much for the towbar and hinges...
Dont know where you disapeared to at the end though, saw you at the loo's up farm, and then found a headlight for you up the workshop but you had gorn...

Fudge (subject to work/money and kelly)

Matt and kelly came down in his 2.0i shorty with 4 matching tyres!!!!
And I think they bought everything from at home with them too....the amount of gear they had in it!!!
Nice to see Kelly again...Fudge battled well on pretty well worn muds, getting most places without too many dramas.

Retro Pedro

Pete and his co-driver came down in his 2.8shorty and did his thing as always...Great to see you again Pete and hope your grandson enjoyed our kind of fun...Petes truck was going well and led many a follow my leader around the woods..did I spot a new scuff on the front wing that you were trying to hide though???

Gareth

Fantastic to have Gareth back again, after a long old break from the woods due his "moon and back" dti finally dying...Gareth now has a Jeep cherokee 2.5 petrol which he bought up a couple of weeks back for some fettling up my workshop. But they did well, getting everywhere, the only sufference being the lack of rear ground clearance on the Jeep...
Its really good to have different stuff up there, as it is interesting how they compare against the fronty's...finding some things easier than we do and some things much more difficult...Thanks for the chat afterwards bud...

Random Ross

Rosco arrived in a corsa van...as his 2.4 was still awaiting parts for its mot...
he still managed to get in the woods ok though, and spent the day with the rest of us loons...
Ross along with fudge had a different view of the woods, as the sat in the back of the wrecker as we went for a trundle round, and Ross later had a play in it too...

Mapracing

Paul arrived in a Shitroen, as his fronty is off the road at the mo...Spent a big chunk of the day out with Davetherave (brave brave man!)...
Good to see you again mate, and you WILL have you fronty back up the woods in the spring...

Tom and Family.

Much to everyones surprise the Tom clan arrived mid morning to spend the day in the woods, Tom bringing OJ, and his son in a vectra estate...
Good to see you all again, has been a while...

Louis

Put in a brief appearance with his girlfriend in his die-laughing...which is currently on ebay if any one wants a "one careful owner" fourtrak...sadly Louis is finding it hard financially as a new driver on the road with insurance costs etc, so is having to give up his truck unfortunately...He still will be coming to the meets though, wouldnt be the same without him would it...

Sally

As always Sally ran the basecamp in the clearing and looked after everything, and cooked lunch for everyone...A massive help as always, without whom none of this would have been possible...

Me

Had a great day, other than when I fell over...was great to catch up with everyone again. The 2.4 sat out this meet, and the wrecker took its place...
The superuprated rear springs are great for lugging loads, but sadly mean little or no rear articulation, so crossaxling was a new enhanced feature..
But was a fun day...

Thanks to everyone who came ...

piccies...

Vids...

Dave gets a puncture....

Dave demonstrate the WRONG line through the pit.....and yes, at 30secs I fell ar5e over head while videoing!

Dave playing in the mud...

Dave getting the right line this time!!! (vids a bit jumpy, dunno why...)

Thanks again to everyone who came, and see you all again in the new year...
Check out the index thread below where pics/reviews from all our past meets can be found!!!!
click here for the SE Events Index/links Thread...see all the reviews and whats coming up soon!

gregster
Winnebago..or does it?
Winnebago..or does it?

Breaking...
2.4i and 2.3td
2.0i C20ne and x20se x 4
2.8tdi x2
2.2i A
2.2i B LWB x3
x22dth B dti lwb x3
y22dth B dti lwb x5
Call Fronty4x4spares on
01622 739908.
Same day dispatch,
next day delivery
on 95% of items.

Postby fudge on Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:06 pm

greg i was on ats not muds
they was my orignal tyres i got with my fronty
fudge
Thumper
Thumper

snorkle
SOA lift
winch bullbar
winch(ramsey pro 8000)
hilift jack mount
waffle boards mounts
jerry cans mount
cb radio
front and rear recovery
darken leanses
8x spot light
rear work light
bucket seat
5 point harness

more comming soon

Postby 2much on Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:43 pm

looks another great day out - feels :cry: :cry: not to see my little frog in the pics amongst the clan in the woods! looks like it was ideal conditons for play - good pics everyone :thumbup:
2much
frontera God
frontera God

Modifications: 2much!

Postby gregster on Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:40 pm

fudge wrote:greg i was on ats not muds
they was my orignal tyres i got with my fronty

whatever they were, I have more tread on my butt.. :lol:

Gutted that you had a flat, that means you are back down to 0 sets of four, and 176 sets of 3 tyres :butt: :lol:

If reliant bought out an offroader you would be laughing Matt 8) 8) 8)

And Stevey you missed out on a good one, the lack of "rainmaker" at the woods meant a lovely sunny day, whilst you worked on your rain-tan in Spain... :lol: :lol: :lol:

gregster
Winnebago..or does it?
Winnebago..or does it?

Breaking...
2.4i and 2.3td
2.0i C20ne and x20se x 4
2.8tdi x2
2.2i A
2.2i B LWB x3
x22dth B dti lwb x3
y22dth B dti lwb x5
Call Fronty4x4spares on
01622 739908.
Same day dispatch,
next day delivery
on 95% of items.

Postby Retro Pedro on Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:33 pm

Here we go with the one vid and two stills that I took - the two stills should have been vids, but next time I'm going to but me bins on to see what setting the cheapo vid webcam camera is on, probably would have done better letting Dylan take control of the picture taking.

Greg - you need to get a new one, you've got a crack in that one :lol:

Retro Pedro
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Vehicle Name: Grandads Tractor
Modifications: A few suspension modifications to assist with ground clearance and fitting of bigger tyres.

Postby gregster on Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:44 pm

:oops: :oops: :oops: I have got a nice ar5e though.... :lol:

gregster
Winnebago..or does it?
Winnebago..or does it?

Breaking...
2.4i and 2.3td
2.0i C20ne and x20se x 4
2.8tdi x2
2.2i A
2.2i B LWB x3
x22dth B dti lwb x3
y22dth B dti lwb x5
Call Fronty4x4spares on
01622 739908.
Same day dispatch,
next day delivery