// Frontera Technical Support • View topic - ***SE PICNIC IN THE WOODS***Sunday 27th March REVIEW

***SE PICNIC IN THE WOODS***Sunday 27th March REVIEW

Kent to Oxfordshire

Including London North,South, East & West Bedfordshire Oxfordshire Hertfordshire

Moderator: gregster

Forum rules
Disclaimer:
Please understand that the Frontera Owners Group or any organiser of events will not be held responsible for any loss, damage, accident or injury caused by attending an event. You are responsible for your passengers and for your own safety and should carry the necessary recovery and safety equipment. You agree to follow the rules of the Highway Code, Green Lane Code and club pay and play site rules whichever applies. For greenlane events; All events should adhere to the GLASS Code of Conduct, and please note that Rights Of Way often change and if a TRO (traffic regulation order) has been put in place by the local council you should not drive the lane. If you do not agree to the above you should refrain from taking part in the event.

***SE PICNIC IN THE WOODS***Sunday 27th March REVIEW

Postby gregster on Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:16 pm

Please post your pickies/vids and comments here....
Check out the index thread below where pics/reviews from all our past meets can be found!!!!
click here for the SE Events Index/links Thread...see all the reviews and whats coming up soon!

Looks like I'm in trouble with the Mrs's again...
She asked me what I'd most like to do to her body...
Apparently "Identify it" is not the correct answer!

MAKE IT or BREAK IT! TEAMXTREME4X4
gregster
Winnebago..or does it?
Winnebago..or does it?

Model: 2.4 5dr
Registration Year: 1997/P
Vehicle Name: FRONTY4x4SPARES
Modifications: Drive a 2.2dti olympus, 2.8 lwb and 2.0i sport.
Breaking...
2.4i and 2.3td
2.0i C20ne and x20se x 4
2.8tdi x2
2.2i A
2.2i B LWB x3
x22dth B dti lwb x3
y22dth B dti lwb x5
Call Fronty4x4spares on
01622 739908.
Same day dispatch,
next day delivery
on 95% of items.
Region: South East

Re: ***SE PICNIC IN THE WOODS***Sunday 27th March REVIEW

Postby rospicer on Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:20 pm

Nice pics there Rob, I've heard all about the woods from Paul (Badboy) and cant wait to come down to the next one :D
SHE MUST GET BIGGER BOOTS
ImageImage
rospicer
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Registration Year: 1993/L
Vehicle Name: COMING SOON
Modifications: Jeep Wrangler YJ 4.0 manual. BFG 31" heavy duty bumpers front and rear with recovery points, coming soon 4" likt and 33" boots

Postby gregster on Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:15 am

Wotcha foggers....

A great day today, albiet an intimate gathering, (not cos bobbins was perving...he wasnt there :lol: ) but cos there was only a few of us today....

But we still had a blinder!!!

and THE SUN IS HERE AT LONG LAST!!!! 8)

So we werent freezing after what seems like coldness for a year!

The L'ill white leafer (reincarnated) put in an appearance today, and caught Kel out a beauty when he first arrived! :lol:

And it was Houndogs buffday today too...so he received birthday greetings/ridicule/hummiliation (delete as applicable!) from the mob...

The birthday boy himself...

Todays Gang (in no particular order!)

Houndog and co

As above it was Phils birthday so the proceedings kicked off with much p1ss taking and birthday wishes as would be expected.
Nice to see Nina Georgia and Lilly (who yet again didnt do much!)
Phils trusty 2.8 was sporting its new sticker, well back window...looks really good...
His 2.8 did well today, I dont recall seeing it stuck, and unstuck Kel from a tricky one with the extraction gang...
Nina, sprog and sproglet kept sally company down at basecamp in the clearing...
Had to laugh when Georgia gave an outstanding re-enactment of what her mum did behind a tree in the woods...so descriptive and the actions to boot...hilarious! and when she hit Sally over the head with a stick...equally hilarious!

Robertmillsav
My co-pilot for a large chunk of today, encouraging me to try silly things like most of my copilots seem to do... :roll:
Christened his supershiny B shorty in the woods today, and Rob demonstrated some excellent car control on a/ts with me co-piloting, right up to when he drove into a tree :oh yer: Little scuff on bumper as a souvenir!
Big help in the (many) extractions...
Thanks for you help clearing down buddy...much appreciated

Krusher
Our resident moth attracter was there as always, giving it what for in his 2.8lwb...Got proper stuck at one point up in the top bomb hole, when some bright spark spotted a new challenge that had to be tried...
I got stuck, then Kel got stucker, and needed dragging sideways by Houndog to get him out...then i drove it straight afterwards in a pretty unmodded truck!
Kel was not impressed "it was because I have compacted it" was his explanation....WRONG....I just used more than enough momentum (brain in glovebox moment!)
Kel extracted me and many others may times....funny 2.30 leaving though Kel??? LOL

Hippo1024 and crew
Dan was a newbie to our madness and came down with his brother and some mates...Nice to meet you fella....
Took him and his gang out in the LWB to start with to show them round, (and got stuck a few times! :oops: )
Then they ventured out in their 2.2dti lwb for some slippy fun as the woods dried out in the sunshine...
Dan did really well, getting the lwb most places on A/ts throughout the day, a few stucks, but thats half the fun of it...
Sidestep scored a bit of carnage with the end cap coming off, the only other carnage was when I ripped the end bit off one of his roofrails..I learnt they are plastic on a B not metal like on an A...
He didnt really stop all day apart from when food was dished up at lunchtime...
Great to meet you mate...you gotta come down again!

Stevey2stuck
Put in a surprise appearance later in the day in the snot green shorty A, and Steve got to put his new tyres through their paces...
I DONT THINK STEVE GOT STUCK TODAY!!!!
Took Ste out for a mad one in the bus...another co-pilot encouraging much sillyness!

Lloyd
The StrangeRover was there today doing its bit for global warming by turning gallons of petrol into nice noises and dents upon dents...
There may be plan hatching to kinda buggy the Strangerover, by removing the few remaining bits of bodywork...watch this space!

Matt and Abbie
Came today with the 2 labs, and a familiar white shorty on the trailer...
Rich and Horses would have been horrified to see it today!
Its now got a welded rear diff, welded auto lockers and was running Fudges dumper tyres today, and was being pretty acrobatic as white leafers have a reputation for in our woods...

Sally
The mainstay of the operation as always, Sally ran basecamp in the clearing, cheffed for us all, and was the massive help she always is...
Kept company and beaten with sticks by the Houndog clan, she seemed much happier now the sun is coming out and the woods are warmer.
Big thanks as always

Gregster...ME
Had a great day...really nice to meet Dan and great to see those who have frequented our madness before...
I annoyingly bust a headlight on the 2.4 when I nudged a tree, forgetting momentarily that it doesnt have a bullbar!
The woods have dried out nicely since the last meet making everything doable, and the 2.4 didnt miss a beat all day.
Gotta say I am really impressed with it, the 2.4 engine being loads more torquey that the li'll white leafers 2.0i, it climbs hills in 2nd, at no revs at all, and actually engine breaks too!
The newley cut dirtdevils worked well and got the truck places I didnt honestly think it would go.
Great day with great company...thanks everyone for coming and see y'all soon..

Some piccies I took

Robs supershiny ShortyB

Kels 2.8lwb moth bater

Stevey 2stucks super flexy snot green shorty

The Hound dog gangs 2.8lwb

Our fixed 2.8lwb...

The li'll white leafer reincarnated!
OOPS....

Krusher looking suspicious

Thanks again to everyone who came, and everyones help....was a goodun....cant wait till the weekender in June now!
Check out the index thread below where pics/reviews from all our past meets can be found!!!!
click here for the SE Events Index/links Thread...see all the reviews and whats coming up soon!

gregster
Winnebago..or does it?
Winnebago..or does it?

Breaking...
2.4i and 2.3td
2.0i C20ne and x20se x 4
2.8tdi x2
2.2i A
2.2i B LWB x3
x22dth B dti lwb x3
y22dth B dti lwb x5
Call Fronty4x4spares on
01622 739908.
Same day dispatch,
next day delivery
on 95% of items.

Postby hipo1024 on Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:00 am

Thank you Greg and Sal for a awsome day! I started off scaired of it all thinking I was going to be going sideways more than any other direction, but the truck kept its cool, even when I didnt lol. My trusty bit of rad fan "hot wiring" worked a treat, it never got above 85C :D and only went above 80 when I was hill climbing at 4k RPM lol

Hidden damage report (so far): I did almost rip the exhaust off, the front mount for the middle box is no longer lol. I bottomed out a few to many times on the middle box and it just shired of both the bolts so every so offer it vibrated against the boby...a very unnerving feeling until you realise what it is. and the tail pipe isnt in factory shape anymore lol.

I didnt get any pics (very unlike me as Im a bit of a photographer) coz I was enjoying myself to much and when I wasnt enjoying myself I was too busy ripping the seat cover off with my :butt: lol. I'll review the video and post it once Ive edited it. And I will defo be making another appearance! it was great!

My 2.8 shorty - now sold, and comments here
My old dti - now sold

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOW --- What a Ride!"

This vehicle runs on 100% recycled dinosaurs
hipo1024
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Vehicle Name: Justifies Every Extra Part
Modifications: Daily drive: '55 jeep grand cherokee crd
3" Suspension lift
265/70/17 GG ATs
CB radio

Previous trucks:
2.8 lwb - sold
2.5 lwb - sold
2.8 swb - killed
2.2 Dti - sold
Region: East Anglia

Postby gregster on Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:10 am

Glad you enjoyed it Dan....was a bit slippy to start with but dryed out nicely later....

I bet you did some fuel...you never stopped! :lol:

The exhaust is trying to tell you that your truck needs lifting more and some bigger muddies for it :wink:

gregster
Winnebago..or does it?
Winnebago..or does it?

Breaking...
2.4i and 2.3td
2.0i C20ne and x20se x 4
2.8tdi x2
2.2i A
2.2i B LWB x3
x22dth B dti lwb x3
y22dth B dti lwb x5
Call Fronty4x4spares on
01622 739908.
Same day dispatch,
next day delivery
on 95% of items.

Postby hipo1024 on Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:46 am

yeah...fuel...I put £50 of diesel in the night before, plus I still had some left over from the last £30 I put in....and well now my fuel light is on....:/ So today Id say I burnt about £65 worth of diesel and have done about 400 miles this weekend.

As for the lift. Im 95% sure its got the springs from milners (plus 2inch), but I cant be 100% because it came with them fitted already. and the paint is flaking off due to rust, so it wouldnt suprise me if they have sagged a bit, and the front has sagged since I raised it to match the back. :( I want to fit some 2inch spacers and wind the front up as far as I feel the CVs will go. (its my only car so it does a lot of miles). Then if that dont fix the problem, I'll just cut it short and have a side exit, straight pipe! :)

As for tyres...its got 31" ATs...the next set will be muddies for sure! :) then a full external cage to protect it from the trees lol.

My old dti - now sold

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOW --- What a Ride!"

hipo1024
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

3" Suspension lift
265/70/17 GG ATs
CB radio

Previous trucks:
2.8 lwb - sold
2.5 lwb - sold
2.8 swb - killed
2.2 Dti - sold

Postby gregster on Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:20 am

hipo1024 wrote: then a full external cage to protect it from the trees lol.

I gotta say you did really well to avoid them yesterday...was quite slippy still to start and that combined with a/t's and a lwb was going to be a challenge, but you pulled it off....well done fella 8)

gregster
Winnebago..or does it?
Winnebago..or does it?

Breaking...
2.4i and 2.3td
2.0i C20ne and x20se x 4
2.8tdi x2
2.2i A
2.2i B LWB x3
x22dth B dti lwb x3
y22dth B dti lwb x5
Call Fronty4x4spares on
01622 739908.
Same day dispatch,
next day delivery
on 95% of items.

Postby 2much on Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:16 pm

Sorry i couldnt make it a longer visit, it wasnt on the agenda at all really but i managed to take a ~30mile detour (to the site) between leaving football and going home to cook for dinner guests :dance:

Nice to see everyone and looks like a good day was had by all, first time i've been out since Christmas break so good to get back in the mud - next stop the "annual" :party:

PS. if you could have the 2.4 installed in my truck and ready to go before the annual meet Greg it would be appreciated 8)
2much
frontera God
frontera God

Model: 2.8 TDI Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1995/N
Modifications: 2much!

Postby gregster on Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:31 pm

Got offered another complete 2.4 today for scrap money Steve....£250 ish....tempting aint it!

gregster
Winnebago..or does it?
Winnebago..or does it?

Breaking...
2.4i and 2.3td
2.0i C20ne and x20se x 4
2.8tdi x2
2.2i A
2.2i B LWB x3
x22dth B dti lwb x3
y22dth B dti lwb x5
Call Fronty4x4spares on
01622 739908.
Same day dispatch,
next day delivery
on 95% of items.

Postby hipo1024 on Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:09 am

I would if I had the dosh! :P

Also is it normal for tyres to get shredded in the woods? I had a look at mine because the truck seems to be bouncing down the road alot more then it did and all 4 tyres have bits of treat torn off and scars in the tread ect. lookes like they have been massacred!? or was that just me and my right foot again? :oops: :roll:

My old dti - now sold

hipo1024
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

3" Suspension lift
265/70/17 GG ATs
CB radio

Previous trucks:
2.8 lwb - sold
2.5 lwb - sold
2.8 swb - killed
2.2 Dti - sold

Postby gregster on Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:19 am

That was your right foot again mate! :lol: I guess you would have been wheelspinning more on A/T's than us on muds, which can make em get cut up....

You need to drive sensible like I do! :shock:

gregster
Winnebago..or does it?
Winnebago..or does it?

Breaking...
2.4i and 2.3td
2.0i C20ne and x20se x 4
2.8tdi x2
2.2i A
2.2i B LWB x3
x22dth B dti lwb x3
y22dth B dti lwb x5
Call Fronty4x4spares on
01622 739908.
Same day dispatch,
next day delivery
on 95% of items.

Postby Wolfie666 on Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:36 am

gregster wrote:You need to drive sensible like I do! :shock:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Wolfie666
Senior Frontera Engineer
Senior Frontera Engineer

Model: 2.2i Sport Olympus 3dr
Registration Year: 2002/51
Modifications: None so far
2.2 LWB on a T-Reg
Having a 2.8 fitted which will hopefully be finished fairly soon

Postby jammywagonwheel on Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:48 am

Looked like a great day!! Sorry I missed it.. :cry: too little time, too many bills and not enough paycheques.. its that time of year again..

gregster wrote:You need to drive sensible like I do! :shock:

:shock: :Liar: :rotfl: :drive:
Your Honour - May I approach the bench - some compelling evidence to the contrary has come to light...

It was acquired by a private investigator who was tasked to unearth 'alleged' claims of cruelty and mistreatment now deceased but not forgotten "Lil white Leafer", as well as "Arboreal assault" as the 2nd video shows..

Evidence 1 - filmed at a secret location near Maidstone on the 15th Aug 2010.. Click to play...

Evidence 2 - again at the same location... Click to play..

As you can clearly see there is no evidence to substantiate any of the above charges..

Looking forward to the summer - and a few more days out :mrgreen:

John
You cant polish a t*rd..
But you can roll it in glitter

if its broken - fix it
if it isnt - mod it!
jammywagonwheel
Organic Modifications
Organic Modifications

Model: 2.0i Sport 3dr
Vehicle Name: Martha Farquah
Modifications: #1 - Martha
1995 2.0 sport, 2" lift, 31/10.5/15's
passed MOT,
new front pads & calipers
Broke it
Bled,
Sworn,
Cried,
Hit it with hammers
Fixed it

Postby Krusher on Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:00 am

I got a couple of pics, better late than never eh!

Thats all I have got though, I was far to busy breaking my truck :roll: :? :D
Ramsgate, Kent
Never Imitated Often Battered
Krusher
I used to have a little pinky

Model: 2.8 TDI 5dr
Registration Year: 1996/N
Vehicle Name: STRIDENT
Modifications: +2" suspension lift and torsion bar wind up
Maletester Kaimen MT's
CB, LED daytime runners
FOG chrome bullbar
stainless mangled side steps
Air box with room for a goldfish

Postby hipo1024 on Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:51 pm

ARHH my god! you got some shots of me! all I can say im glad they are of me when I could move under my own power lol :P

Reminds me I need to sort out my videos lol

My old dti - now sold

hipo1024
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

3" Suspension lift
265/70/17 GG ATs
CB radio

Previous trucks:
2.8 lwb - sold
2.5 lwb - sold
2.8 swb - killed
2.2 Dti - sold

Postby hipo1024 on Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:38 pm

Heres my 1st Vid

My old dti - now sold

hipo1024
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

3" Suspension lift
265/70/17 GG ATs
CB radio

Previous trucks:
2.8 lwb - sold
2.5 lwb - sold
2.8 swb - killed
2.2 Dti - sold

Postby gregster on Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:15 pm

Cool vid Dan...cant wait for the next installment...(sorry about the low tree :oops: )....like the bonnet imbellishment! 8) 8) 8)

Cheers John for the slur on my character with your vids edited to make me look like a loon...good to reminisce the day of 3wd though! 8)

Good pics Kel...I do dig your truck, looks so nice when clean, but better when dirty!

gregster
Winnebago..or does it?
Winnebago..or does it?

Breaking...
2.4i and 2.3td
2.0i C20ne and x20se x 4
2.8tdi x2
2.2i A
2.2i B LWB x3
x22dth B dti lwb x3
y22dth B dti lwb x5
Call Fronty4x4spares on
01622 739908.
Same day dispatch,
next day delivery
on 95% of items.

Postby hipo1024 on Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:45 am

Second and third vids...
Attempting something my boxers really wished I hadnt lol (bewarned, exotic language :D)

And standing start vs roling start...see the difference :P

2 more vids to come, but it takes so bl00ming long to upload I cant be asked tonite! :D will do it tomorrow daytime if I get up early enough, if not tomorrow night.

My old dti - now sold

hipo1024
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

3" Suspension lift
265/70/17 GG ATs
CB radio

Previous trucks:
2.8 lwb - sold
2.5 lwb - sold
2.8 swb - killed
2.2 Dti - sold

Postby Krusher on Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:22 am

First vid is youre descent down the now infamous Krushers revenge... :twisted: :twisted: :D :D

See this from back last summer, Video shot by Jammiewagonwheel... :wink:

When Krushers revenge was doable (just) upwards...
Ramsgate, Kent
Never Imitated Often Battered
Krusher

Model: 2.8 TDI 5dr
Registration Year: 1996/N
Vehicle Name: STRIDENT
Modifications: +2" suspension lift and torsion bar wind up
Maletester Kaimen MT's
CB, LED daytime runners
FOG chrome bullbar
stainless mangled side steps
Air box with room for a goldfish

Postby jammywagonwheel on Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:54 am

lol :rotfl: I remember that day well!

Wonder why its called "Krushers Revenge" :butt:

I :shock: 'fondly' :shock: remember the first time I went down that hill - it was that moment precisely when I realised that Adrenaline is brown!

Lol.. Wilberforce also did it in a A series SWB down and back up (cheating with a 2.8 on big nobbly tyres.. in the dry...) theres a vid knocking round on youtube from yours truly - others too if you have a spare 5 mins.. same username as on here..
http://www.youtube.com/user/jammiewagonwheel#p/u/2/gTN6JZLoqOU

Great site, and theres some gentler bits there to play with, but Hipo to attempt Krushers on AT's in the mud??? Welcome along - Nursey will be around with Medication in a few minutes!! :rotfl:

John
You cant polish a t*rd..
But you can roll it in glitter

if its broken - fix it
if it isnt - mod it!
jammywagonwheel
Organic Modifications
Organic Modifications

Model: 2.0i Sport 3dr
Vehicle Name: Martha Farquah
Modifications: #1 - Martha