// Frontera Technical Support • View topic - SE Picnic in the woods...13th Feb 2010...REVIEW THREAD>>>>

SE Picnic in the woods...13th Feb 2010...REVIEW THREAD>>>>

Kent to Oxfordshire

Including London North,South, East & West Bedfordshire Oxfordshire Hertfordshire

Moderator: gregster

Forum rules
Disclaimer:
Please understand that the Frontera Owners Group or any organiser of events will not be held responsible for any loss, damage, accident or injury caused by attending an event. You are responsible for your passengers and for your own safety and should carry the necessary recovery and safety equipment. You agree to follow the rules of the Highway Code, Green Lane Code and club pay and play site rules whichever applies. For greenlane events; All events should adhere to the GLASS Code of Conduct, and please note that Rights Of Way often change and if a TRO (traffic regulation order) has been put in place by the local council you should not drive the lane. If you do not agree to the above you should refrain from taking part in the event.

SE Picnic in the woods...13th Feb 2010...REVIEW THREAD>>>>

Postby gregster on Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:16 am

Wotcha everyone....

Hope a flextastic day of much muddyness and waving wheels was had by all... :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Please post you pics vids and comments here.... 8) 8) 8) 8)
Check out the index thread below where pics/reviews from all our past meets can be found!!!!
click here for the SE Events Index/links Thread...see all the reviews and whats coming up soon!

Looks like I'm in trouble with the Mrs's again...
She asked me what I'd most like to do to her body...
Apparently "Identify it" is not the correct answer!

MAKE IT or BREAK IT! TEAMXTREME4X4
gregster
Winnebago..or does it?
Winnebago..or does it?

Model: 2.4 5dr
Registration Year: 1997/P
Vehicle Name: FRONTY4x4SPARES
Modifications: Drive a 2.2dti olympus, 2.8 lwb and 2.0i sport.
Breaking...
2.4i and 2.3td
2.0i C20ne and x20se x 4
2.8tdi x2
2.2i A
2.2i B LWB x3
x22dth B dti lwb x3
y22dth B dti lwb x5
Call Fronty4x4spares on
01622 739908.
Same day dispatch,
next day delivery
on 95% of items.
Region: South East

Re: SE Picnic in the woods...13th Feb 2010...REVIEW THREAD>>

Postby Krusher on Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:10 pm

Another great day out today in the woods but wow was it muddy.. :shock:

Big thanks to Greg and Sal for all their great work with Greg on the chainsaw and Sal on the BBQ in 2Stucks absence.... :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Everybody struggled round today and even some of the regulars with A/t's on had to leave their trucks in the clearing and hitch rides
round in the trucks with muddies on....

I managed to get myself well and truly stuck on a side slope with no possibilty of freeing myself so called for help via the CB which was
answered by Fudge, who while in the process of getting to me managed to get himself stuck (worse than me I might add. :roll: :D )
The chainsaw came out and in no time a way out for me was cut through.. :dance:
I got a few pics but sadly not many........

Heres where Houndog wedged his 2.8 against a tree and Retro Pedro and myself had to join forces to get him out without serious carnage....

Heres some of Mapracing's photo op's from today, he didnt have a particularly good day but thats for him to tell.... :D
....and heres the rest

Last edited by Krusher on Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ramsgate, Kent
Never Imitated Often Battered
Krusher
I used to have a little pinky

Model: 2.8 TDI 5dr
Registration Year: 1996/N
Vehicle Name: STRIDENT
Modifications: +2" suspension lift and torsion bar wind up
Maletester Kaimen MT's
CB, LED daytime runners
FOG chrome bullbar
stainless mangled side steps
Air box with room for a goldfish

Postby fudge on Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:33 pm

i had a great day today
finally got to use my own fronty at the playsite :)
but i did get stuck a few times and used the tradesmen entery for the fronty (AkA the window)
but other than getting a few dents and a poss buggered auto hub it was great fun

and then on the way back to the workshop i forght my trailer was playing up and when we got there i found out why

and my pics (only one from me driving rest dammage)

and then the mean dumper look
i would like to thank greg and sally for a great day. and hoping i can be at more
fudge
Thumper
Thumper

Model: 2.0i Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1991/J
Vehicle Name: the duck
Modifications: full roll cage
snorkle
SOA lift
winch bullbar
winch(ramsey pro 8000)
hilift jack mount
waffle boards mounts
jerry cans mount
cb radio
front and rear recovery
darken leanses
8x spot light
rear work light
bucket seat
5 point harness

more comming soon
Region: Southern England

Postby bobbinsjob on Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:42 pm

Looks like it was another gudun. Cant wait to hear what Paul has done now :oh yer:
SIZE DOES MATTER!!
MEMBER 1728
1996 2.8 SWB called VIPER

Members Ride section for VIPER

Comments on VIPER here

GET YOUR CARTOON CAR HERE
bobbinsjob
Rev Limit Finder
Rev Limit Finder

Model: 2.8 TDI Sport 3dr
Vehicle Name: Viper
Modifications: Deep offset Steel modular wheels with 32/11.5/15 Kuhmo KL71 mud tyres
+2" Plasma body lift
Flipped ball-joints
+2" spring spacers
Custom built roof rack
Light bar
Modified Navara tubular rear bumper
Mental cammo paint job

Postby Gregsters Boss on Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:50 pm

bobbinsjob wrote:Looks like it was another gudun. Cant wait to hear what Paul has done now :oh yer:

I think it's more what Paul hasn't "done" today :lol: :lol:
I think it will fit in his garage easier now
Good on him though, never afraid to try anything, or go anywhere, stood in for Greg as brain was definitely in glovebox today :shock: :shock:
Gregsters Boss
Luvlier than MUD

Location: Dunno...Cant see..too many of his damn cars outside the house!!!!
Model: 2.8 TDI Sport 3dr
Vehicle Name: Glitterball
Modifications: Metalflake paint, with flames and dolphins
Sport A alloys
Chrome Bullbar
Sub and amp in boot

Postby gregster on Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:53 pm

Wotcha foggers....

Well the first Se event of 2011 was a very wet muddy sticky and slidey one...probably the slippyest one we have ever done to date was the general opinion/excuse from the regulars... :shock:

We met at notcutts as usual and were joined by a couple of newbies to our madness and mayhem! :dance:
Hope today didnt put you off too much...it only gets better as it dries out and gets warmer!

Todays picnicers who braved the cold and mud were....(order copied from list)

Krusher....
Well the moth attracting 2.8lwb with Kel at the helm was stuggling today against the elements...despite some excellent driving, well controlling the gas anyway while the car went where it wanted to...Jumped in with Kel for a while and filled his footwell with mud while we went looking for the absent Mapracing and RetroPedro...Despite his efforts at trying to get the new boost gauge off the scale it just would not climb the hills...
Kel got proper stuck on a side slopey bit (you should have known better!!!)...Fudge got stuck trying to get into position to extract kel, so we now have a new track chainsawed through and with Kels very skillful driving and gravity could return him back to a more sensible flat bit at the bottom of the hill...

Andytats....
Good to see you again fella with your boy. Another one struggling with the mud today, but managed to get out unscathed I think...The 2.2 is looking good mate, do like them shogun wheels.

Houndog & co
The Houndog clan, Phil, Nina, Georgia and Lillie came down in the trusty 2.8lwb...this the first time with their new sploglet, Lillie, who just sat on her butt all day and didnt even get muddy! :lol:
Great to see the little one and you all again, Phil had a go in the 2.8, but didnt want to risk the truck in the extreme conditions on regular muddies, with a long journey back home again...sensible move mate...although I see you had a stuck in the pics above...

Louis in his now pickuped and lifted die-laughing...
Louis helped me out taping up gave a hand clearing fallen tress first thing aand helped with the cooking later...but made more of a meal of the mud when he bust a cv in the die laughing leaving him just rwd...didnt stop him though, although he just went from stuck to new dent to stuck again...
Just think...Louis has got his driving test in a few weeks and he is on the road!!!

BadBoy
Paul came down in his 2.8 shorty on road tyres to say hello, but not campaign it today...The winch came in right handy though, cheers buddy...extracting fudge and lloyds strangerover...New winch is cool, just need to sort some boots out so you can have fun in it...saying that you did well to get to recover fudge on road tyres...Sorry for lifting up your winch cable just as you stepped over it...LOL!

bolton56 & 3
Newbies to the woods and our madness, Nice to meet David and Susan and their 2.2 a series, nice truck...Came today to see what it was all about, but didnt take the truck out as it was on road tyres and would have stood no chance really today...Hope to see you both again when its warmer and you can amaze yourselfs at what you and your truck can accomplish with some guidance and help from the regulars...Sal said thanks to Susan for your help in the clearing today...

Robertmillsav...
Well you put in the list that you "Need some training, directions,help, advice before the Annual meet"...I think today you should have deffo learnt what NOT to do!!!LOL...Hope you learnt some stuff that will be useful, albiet from an observing perspective today as the new unlifted B on roadtyres wasnt gonna play today...Hope you legs ache as much as mine after walking up and down the hills with me! Thanks for your help on the extractions...

Fudge + poss misses, ready to get stuck everywhere.
Thats what he typed on the list and he werent lying! The misses didnt come today, so Matt has noone else to blame! He took Didz under his wing to start with pairing up and venturing to the top in convoy, cheers fella, his 2.0i leafer sporting a rather familiar set of dumper tyres!
Extracted Didz a few times and got stuck himself trying to get in position to extract Kel...Sorry for tripping you over in the mud, I am still struggling to deal with the guilt! and cheers for lending Didz the rear wheels of your truck so he stood half a chance. Fudge a strange occurance on the way out if the woods when somehow he managed to kill BOTH tyres on his trailer!! Thought we could sort it but the tubes in my old towing dolly wheels were no good...D'oh...

Didz....
Nice to meet Didz aka Dave in his 2.5tds...an newbie to woods and a newbie to offroading, talk about baptism of fire today!!! With a pair of fudges muddies on the rear of his 2.5, and some rather worn a/t's up front it was gonna be a challenge today...but you did really really well and hopefully found today a fun learning experience...just ignore everything I showed you, 2 gear reverse decents arent really offroading techniques as such, but are the only way to get a truck with no grip down a hill when its that slippy and even the brakes wont keep the car stationary! Look forwards to seeing you again with some muddies and with it a bit dryer...You did amazingly today to get out unscathed...

Lloyd....
The strangerover did its usual thing today, throbbing v8 combined with ever decreasing body work...Got proper stuck when I doubledared him to try and traverse the "pit of certain doom"...he got half through before getting impressively stuck! It amazes everyone that the rangey is still going!

Retro Pedro...
PETE MADE IT TO NOTCUTTS BEFORE WE ALL LEFT!!! :shock:
Great to see Pete and his trusty 2.8 shorty again...but even he was struggling in the mud today! Pete and Paul disapeared on many a mission impossible today, trying the undo-able but he kept the 2.8 together dispite the conditions...Didnt see much of Pete today as he was busy scaring people most of the day, showing em what a well sorted and driven fronty can do...Thanks for your help up the workshop after mate, much appreciated...

Mapracing + friend and his girls...
Did the girls actually ever get out of the truck??? LOL...Well...what can I say...Paul you really should try and avoid at least some of the trees mate!
Paul suffered significant carnage today, mainly attempting stuff that any sane person would have swerved given the conditions...but with his friend deffo learning what NOT do in his fronty! Every time I saw Paul he was grinning like a chesire cat as he battled the elements though...

Tom, Steph, Tazman and Family...
Great to see you all again braving the cold and mud in the woods...The kids enjoyed playing with Georgia in the mud, and the adults enjoyed playing in the mud also but from the comfort of other peoples passenger seats...I see Mapracing putting a wing and door in the back of his fronty that tom bought down for him...you might wanna just drag the whole car down for him next time tom!

Sally...
Sally did what Sally always does...managed base camp and kept me in line, but also took on cooking duties in the absence of our resident chefs...
Thanks again Sally..ultra prepared yesterday with everything ready to go, while I was playing Landrover up the workshop...

Me...
Had a different day today...gotta say it was nice to spend a bit more time having a natter with everyone as we only bought up the 2.4 today which is totally standard on roadtyres...I was really impressed at some of the driving demonstrated by everyone given the extreme conditions today...
My legs bleedin ache though...feel like I walked miles today! LOL
The trusty Stihl earned its keep today, firstly running round with Louis clearing newly fallen trees that come down in the last week or so, and then on the extractions...
Was cold though...and slippy, nearly went A over T many times...gotta say you dont realise how well our trucks do until you try walking where they go!
Proper fun day though...seems ages since the last one, great company, good food and mud and engines and all in the great outdoors...what more could you ask for!

See you all soon...when we do it all again!

Some pickies I took, not many as cant use camera and chainsaw at the same time, or when my hands were covered in mud...which was kinda most of the day!

Krusher STUCK

Fudge STUCK

Mapracing,,,trying not to be stuck, but just alternating between one stuck and another...for ages...

RetroPedro giving it some beans....

Lloyds Strangerover....STUCK
Check out the index thread below where pics/reviews from all our past meets can be found!!!!
click here for the SE Events Index/links Thread...see all the reviews and whats coming up soon!

gregster
Winnebago..or does it?
Winnebago..or does it?

Breaking...
2.4i and 2.3td
2.0i C20ne and x20se x 4
2.8tdi x2
2.2i A
2.2i B LWB x3
x22dth B dti lwb x3
y22dth B dti lwb x5
Call Fronty4x4spares on
01622 739908.
Same day dispatch,
next day delivery
on 95% of items.

Postby hipo1024 on Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:11 am

WOWEE!! theres same carnage going on there! I'm almost glad I didnt go now, I would have rolled mine in the clearing if I had! :P lol

My 2.8 shorty - now sold, and comments here
My old dti - now sold

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOW --- What a Ride!"

This vehicle runs on 100% recycled dinosaurs
hipo1024
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Vehicle Name: Justifies Every Extra Part
Modifications: Daily drive: '55 jeep grand cherokee crd
3" Suspension lift
265/70/17 GG ATs
CB radio

Previous trucks:
2.8 lwb - sold
2.5 lwb - sold
2.8 swb - killed
2.2 Dti - sold
Region: East Anglia

Postby gregster on Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:35 am

The ones that were more sensible suffered less or no carnage...the ones that tryed to defy the laws of physics and common sense suffered though! :lol:

The rangerover has looked like that for the last year or so though...I think thats how they came out of Solihull :lol:

It was a laugh though...standing up was difficult enough let alone anything else...and had scratch the old noggin for some of the extractions!

It was deffo the worst mud we have ever had down there today...let it dry out a bit hippo and you will be fine mate...plus it will be warmer to :wink:

gregster
Winnebago..or does it?
Winnebago..or does it?

Breaking...
2.4i and 2.3td
2.0i C20ne and x20se x 4
2.8tdi x2
2.2i A
2.2i B LWB x3
x22dth B dti lwb x3
y22dth B dti lwb x5
Call Fronty4x4spares on
01622 739908.
Same day dispatch,
next day delivery
on 95% of items.

Postby Hound Dog on Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:32 am

We all had a great day.
I think I must of been the first stuck of the day followed very closely by mapracing Paul which remodelled his truck on a tree or two
Hopefully it might of dried out a bit for the next one.
Last edited by Hound Dog on Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ROADS? WHERE WERE GOING WE DON'T NEED ROADS!!

Hound Dogs Tractor
Hound Dogs Tractor Comments
Hound Dog
Missing In Action
Missing In Action

Registration Year: 1995/N
Vehicle Name: Tractor
Modifications: 2" suspension lift EGR and birds nest removed.

Postby hipo1024 on Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:49 am

I'm am really looking forward to the march picnic! 2 of my mates wona come with me (if that's ok). j just hope I can get it fixed soon and that I don't brake it again just before lol.

My 2.8 shorty - now sold, and comments here
My old dti - now sold

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOW --- What a Ride!"

This vehicle runs on 100% recycled dinosaurs
hipo1024
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Vehicle Name: Justifies Every Extra Part
Modifications: Daily drive: '55 jeep grand cherokee crd
3" Suspension lift
265/70/17 GG ATs
CB radio

Previous trucks:
2.8 lwb - sold
2.5 lwb - sold
2.8 swb - killed
2.2 Dti - sold
Region: East Anglia

Postby andytats on Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:20 pm

Big thanks to Greg and Sal for all their work at making the woods a great place to meet and play. just a shame i didn't get to play.
but still had fun watching others get stuck.
i hate having Dyslexia
andytats
The Grinder Man
The Grinder Man

Modifications: 2.8 Lwb
private number plate K666 FOG
+4" spring
+2" rough country shocks
dislocation cones
Rear Quick release drop links
Silicone turbo hoses
Winch tray
13000lb winch with red synthetic rope
+2" body lift
Manual lockers
M/T tyres 33 12.50 15 on 10jx15
Snorkel
Heavy duty rear bumper
3.1 trooper clutch

Postby andytats on Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:50 pm

i hate having Dyslexia
andytats
The Grinder Man
The Grinder Man

Modifications: 2.8 Lwb
private number plate K666 FOG
+4" spring
+2" rough country shocks
dislocation cones
Rear Quick release drop links
Silicone turbo hoses
Winch tray
13000lb winch with red synthetic rope
+2" body lift
Manual lockers
M/T tyres 33 12.50 15 on 10jx15
Snorkel
Heavy duty rear bumper
3.1 trooper clutch

Postby davetheraveuk on Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:36 pm

Looks like a good day was had by all
ImageImage
davetheraveuk
my other cars a frontera
my other cars a frontera

Vehicle Name: fart box
Modifications: muds will have a 2" lift did have a 2.5 muds and a 2" lift

Postby fudge on Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:01 pm

and my trailer tyres are fixed :)
at a cost of £5 was lucky they were all kk
fudge
Thumper
Thumper

snorkle
SOA lift
winch bullbar
winch(ramsey pro 8000)
hilift jack mount
waffle boards mounts
jerry cans mount
cb radio
front and rear recovery
darken leanses
8x spot light
rear work light
bucket seat
5 point harness

more comming soon

Postby Krusher on Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:09 pm

Thought there would be more pics than this... :( :( :(
Ramsgate, Kent
Krusher

Maletester Kaimen MT's
CB, LED daytime runners
FOG chrome bullbar

Postby bigdazz on Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:19 pm

6looked a cracking day good pic hoping to make the next one were its the whole weekend
IF A CABLE TIE CANT FIX IT ITS FECKED
Frontera lovers from Caledonia

bigdazz
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Model: 3.2 V6 5dr
Registration Year: 1999/V
Vehicle Name: overdraft destroyer
Modifications: petrol/LPG, multi point
Safari Snorkel
lifted +2
running Procomp ES9000 Shocks & trooper coils
hid kit
tow bar
soft nudge bar
roof spots
cb
AT tyres
LEATHER
ROOF CAGE
LPG MULTI POINT
DIFF AND GEARBOX PROTECTION PLATES
SIDE STEPS
SUB+1500 AMP
caterpillar STICKERS
REMOTE START ALARM
RUNNING LIGHTS
SECOND SPARE WHEEL
CD/DVD PLAYER
DOGGUARD
Region: Scotland

Postby gregster on Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:23 pm

How much are bricks from Jewsons guys??....we have only got till end of June to finish that wall that Hadrian started... :shock: :shock: :shock:

gregster
Winnebago..or does it?
Winnebago..or does it?

Breaking...
2.4i and 2.3td
2.0i C20ne and x20se x 4
2.8tdi x2
2.2i A
2.2i B LWB x3
x22dth B dti lwb x3
y22dth B dti lwb x5
Call Fronty4x4spares on
01622 739908.
Same day dispatch,
next day delivery
on 95% of items.

Postby fudge on Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:37 pm

gregster wrote:How much are bricks from Jewsons guys??....we have only got till end of June to finish that wall that Hadrian started... :shock: :shock: :shock:

i dont know. but what about hardcore and loads of cermet.

or a load of rsj's and i will get the welding set out
fudge
Thumper
Thumper

snorkle
SOA lift
winch bullbar
winch(ramsey pro 8000)
hilift jack mount
waffle boards mounts
jerry cans mount
cb radio
front and rear recovery
darken leanses
8x spot light
rear work light
bucket seat
5 point harness

more comming soon

Postby Krusher on Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:40 pm

gregster wrote:...Jumped in with Kel for a while and filled his footwell with mud

Mrs Krusher says "Oi Greg I,m sending you the cleaning bill for my shoes". :lol: :lol:
Ramsgate, Kent
Krusher

Maletester Kaimen MT's
CB, LED daytime runners
FOG chrome bullbar

Postby gregster on Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:50 pm

fudge wrote:
gregster wrote:How much are bricks from Jewsons guys??....we have only got till end of June to finish that wall that Hadrian started... :shock: :shock: :shock:

i dont know. but what about hardcore and loads of cermet.

or a load of rsj's and i will get the welding set out

Good thinking Fudge...glad your tyres are sorted for the trailer, did you need the ones I gave ya?

gregster
Winnebago..or does it?
Winnebago..or does it?

Breaking...
2.4i and 2.3td
2.0i C20ne and x20se x 4
2.8tdi x2
2.2i A
2.2i B LWB x3
x22dth B dti lwb x3
y22dth B dti lwb x5
Call Fronty4x4spares on
01622 739908.
Same day dispatch,
next day delivery